Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Koh Samui - June 7: Giant Cube (UPDATE: 10 New Images-6-7-2005
    #4266598 - 06/07/05 04:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Okay I have about ten more iamges to post here so I will update it tomorrow.

I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. In these two images I had to waddle through several rice paddies half filled with rain-water, buffalo feces and pee and spiders, land crabbs, swamply clay-like soil with foot holes formt he buffalo, often retrieving my thongs form sticking in the grassy swampy area. flies all over, spider bites and mosquitos eating the shiot out of me and then I found this. Thus the clay soiled- looking foot.

I clicked ont he auto adjust and thus the second image with purple hues.

More to be continued tomorrow for today.

A Cope Teaser:

Later gang

mj

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (06/08/05 02:57 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4266799 - 06/07/05 08:04 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Why don't you just put all these 'a cube next to some scissors and some copes' posts into the same thread? I reckon it'd be a bit more user friendly rather than cluttering up the forum...

Edited by zee_werp (06/07/05 08:11 AM)

OfflineJovy
Stranger

Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: zee_werp]
    #4266994 - 06/07/05 09:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

you found some fungus in the woods , i found some fungus on your foot

--------------------
==================================================
And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground (16: 14). And when the children of Israel saw if, they said one to another It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.
----Understand this ----

Offlinertek
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: Jovy]
    #4269350 - 06/07/05 09:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

man, what is that? the foot clap or something?

OfflineScralatchtica
Psychopsilocybin

Loc: Central Fl
Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: rtek]
    #4269377 - 06/07/05 09:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

that is an amazing looking cube. the purple is so pretty. beautiful finds.

spider bites???

--------------------
He don't need no funny money, his love is all his power. He's half-naked and full-witted, and two weeks less a shower.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: rtek]
    #4269444 - 06/07/05 10:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If you had read my note you would have read that I was walking through a swampy rice-paddie-sandy clay soil with manure and pee and kwai crap and stepping in the footprints of the kwai and getting my feet and tongs stuck. We hadc a fucking monsoon.

And Zee Werp,

If you want to come here and spent a fucking forture for me to post pictures in the way you suggest than do so. I have to travel 40-60 kms a day to collect specimens, sometimes in monsoon rains, then return to my resort to make prints, catalogue and dry specimens, then travel another 22 kms to Nathon from Lamai to go on the only computer on the island with photoshop so i CAN POST an image at an expensive cost because I have to resize the photos and that takes time and m y money and the computers here are slow so it cost me a fortune just to post them so someone can come along and complain about the way I am posting them. At the end of each day I return to my bungalow to recharge my battery. I do this eacch day after I empty my film card onto an expensive cd for the days work. Go through the images, delete the blurred ones, pick 2 to ten or so to post and then work on them and then spend about three minutes per picture to download them to the shroomery. I am not rich.

So please do not bitch about my posting . i post daily what I find. If you do not like it then do not look.

And to everyone else, have a shroomy day,

MJ

When I am in Bangkok I have a free condco and access to allt he computer facilities and labs at the university so it cost me nothing but I will not be there until the 28th of June and then two days laer to Angkor Wat for five days and then back to Bangkok and the University until the middle of July.

Then I Return to my home in America and then in September I am taking six people on a Motor\cyle adventure to Angkor Wat and Thailand.

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
    #4269453 - 06/07/05 10:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It's sad that people are disrespecting Mushroom John like this.

Great pictures, MJ!

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: GatorB]
    #4269471 - 06/07/05 10:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

awesome stories man, you live THE life.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: NariusFractal]
    #4270164 - 06/08/05 01:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well MJ I didn't actually mean you any disrespect, I just thought that it would actually be more interesting to look at a single thread of 'MJ's trip to Thailand' type thing.

Also, if its so damn expensive / difficult to do this, why are you actually doing it? You never seem to actually say why you're going to thailand to take photos of a cube with some scissors beside it and some copes, both of which have a reasonably large distribution globally so they aren't that rare or interesting. Are you looking for new species and this is just what you find on your way?

But yes MJ I do have respect for you and I realise that you have done a lot for the shroom community in the past...but I'm struggling to see the point of the stuff you're doing now, other than picking some shrooms for the hell of it, which is all good but doesn't require that much ego. Maybe it'd be more interesting if we understood the purpose of all this expense and struggling you are going through for it.

"Have a shroomy day" MJ I wish you luck in finding a new species or something!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4270415 - 06/08/05 02:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Not that it is any of your business, but what do you mean by,
Quote:

Maybe it'd be more interesting if we

Zee Werp,

I work for a University in Bangkok (Every Summer). I have several papers in preparation and one in press on Psilocybe antioquesnsis at angkor wat) in a forthcoming issue of the Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms.

So I am not collecting for the hell of it.

I get to keep all the spore prints I make and the shrooms go to the herbarium which has been noted here in the Shroomery every year since 1999. I have been doing this work here in Thailand since 1985 and have 7 published papers on my SE Asian research..

And just know I received an order for even more work to add to that which i am already doing. i have a large extensive paper on Southeast Asian Shrooms, Including three new species of magic and two non-magic with Chemical analysis, DNA sequencing, Cultivation and recreational updates.

And in a few minutes I will update this post with 10 images i was too tired to post yesterday. Also remember when it is Day 7 here it is only day six in America.

mj

P.s.

Here is my latest job just added to my collection of shrooms from the University:

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:53:11 +0700
To: "J. Allen" <mjshroomer1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Buffalo and cow dung

Dear John,
While you are colleting magic musroom in the field. I ask you a favour for collecting dry cow dung and buffalo dung in various area and put in plastic bag with labeling. One of my student is doing the research on isolation of Actinomycetes for producing active compounds. Thank you
very much and looking forward to see you soon.

I can provide you with another condo for June 27 till July 12 which is close by the previous one that you stayed during last summer

With my best regards.
Prakitsin

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That should explaine to you what I am doing.

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

#4270446 - 06/08/05 03:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

mj, you're a good man.

Academic, yet living an interesting life. Not many get that opportunity.

Thanks for posting
Mark

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4270475 - 06/08/05 03:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The cow who made the Copes posted below:

Four more images of Copes from yesterday on the 7th from Ban Lamai:

And that was most of the ban lamai copes. So far i have taken over 1200 photographs since I arrioved in thailand, so one post a day is not cluttering anything up at this forum. As for the scissors, I have already lost three small rulers and two lens caps using them for size.

Some more of Yesterdays cubes
and the larger one:

And here is another Copelandia which is not copelandia cyanescens. maybe cambodgeniensis.

I have eleven prints which I will work on after this summer and have a few available. The caps were hemispherical to almost flat, and all were copper-tome color in one pie only. Not bell shaped or conic like normanl Copelandia cyanescens. These came from Kwai manure in the fishing village of Bo Phut, Koh Samui on the north end of the Island.

Mj

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

#4270604 - 06/08/05 04:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

To your question, I meant that maybe your posts would be more interesting if we knew the context of your hunts. And thanks for that explanation, it WAS interesting. I didn't mean to start an argument I was just making a suggestion. Turns out you don't take constructive criticism too well :shrug:.

And as for that cow...that loose neck skin and high shoulder bone are pretty crazy looking. Don't see those kind of formations in NZ cows. Thanks for the pics~!

Offlinefindaway29
Stranger
Loc: Ga
    #4271003 - 06/08/05 10:43 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

MJ, thanks so much for your work. I cant even begin to tell you how much I have learned just from reading your posts and your website. We know that you do the best you can. just keep on keepin on. however you decide to post. your contribution to mycology is much needed and appreciated and if zee werp wants " constructive criticism " here some. keep your mouth shut and you wont look like and ass.  :thumbup:

Offlinepeteb
Pete
 User Gallery
Loc: River Vale Nj
Re: Koh Samui - June 7: One Giant Cube [Re: findaway29]
    #4272399 - 06/08/05 05:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yo mj nice pics wish i could find mushrooms like that. happy hunting

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification