Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
us/canadian citizenship
    #1993746 -

my fiancee has dual us/canadian citizenship. when i marry her will i be eligable for dual citizenship, too? we live in the us. if we move to canada to get my citizenship, will i have to renounce my us citizenship to get it? i wasnt able to find anything on the web concerning this.

thanks in advance to those in the know.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: us/canadian citizenship [Re: automan]
    #1993937 -

I'm not positive...but I doubt that you will get dual citizenship just becuase your wife has it.


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: us/canadian citizenship [Re: automan]
    #1994030 -

i believe after you've lived in canada long enough to gain citizenship you can apply for a duel one instead....but i really don't know for sure. :tongue:


--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: us/canadian citizenship [Re: automan]
    #1994801 -

Im a Canadian citizen right now and was thinking about getitng duel citizenship. I don't know if I should, because I know I would never move to the US. My parents are pressuring me into getitng it, but I don't see any advantages unless i plan on going to school or living there, which I don't.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: us/canadian citizenship [Re: automan]
    #1995751 -

Your fiancee can come live and work in Canada at any time if she has a Canadian citizenship.

If you are married I'm fairly certain you would be allowed to immigrate to Canada as well, and you could probably apply for citizenship.

Check out this page:
http://www.immigrationbureau.ca/marriage.html


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anti-American Canadian removed from office Great_Satan 3,834 17 11/22/04 10:59 PM
by carbonhoots
* Should the census collect citizenship data?
( 1 2 all )
Skellies 947 30 04/04/18 05:16 AM
by MightyWhite
* white Canadians bad Luddite 563 3 06/13/08 06:21 AM
by Conservationist
* Illegals Breeding Their Way into U.S. Citizenship xDuckYouSuckerx 2,819 17 07/11/06 01:25 AM
by Konnrade
* canadians: what's the deal with the overgrow.com seizure? wilshire 1,009 15 02/08/06 04:45 AM
by Seuss
* If I renounce my US citizenship....
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
SeaShrooms 10,024 193 06/28/14 11:21 AM
by SeaShrooms
* Despite it being difficult to get a green card and/or citizenship do immigrants complain too much?
( 1 2 all )
imachavel 2,226 31 08/16/13 08:16 PM
by zappaisgod
* Canadians
( 1 2 all )
barfightlard 2,686 28 12/19/05 10:43 AM
by Ancalagon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
737 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.