Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline3Mshroom
old hand

Re: Jars in light prior to birth?!
    #19865 - 06/05/00 07:42 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I move my jars into the light once that the mycelium totally covers the substrate. I leave it like that for a few days to initiate the pins while I make sure that the cake is fully colonized.

------------------
Be sure to check out www.3mshrooms.homestead.com for your spore needs

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemagicpurplecow
Lapsed Addict

Re: Jars in light prior to birth?! [Re: 3Mshroom]
    #19867 - 06/06/00 08:30 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

[This message has been edited by magicpurplecow (edited June 06, 2000).]

--------------------
If you see a purple cow, you're having a level four trip. If you become one, well, that's a level five.

Offlinemagicpurplecow
Lapsed Addict

#19868 - 06/06/00 08:39 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I alway like to see a lot of pinning before birthing. Why would you think that was bad?

------------------
In the above post, whenever I refer to myself, I'm actually talking about my friend's cousin's high school English teacher. By the way, I'm told she's a total babe.

--------------------
If you see a purple cow, you're having a level four trip. If you become one, well, that's a level five.

Invisiblesidshroom
journeyman
    #19869 - 06/06/00 09:29 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

along the same lines......what if someone did use the light to promote pinning for the last 24-48.......and lets just say the poor bastard used long 1/2 pint jelly jars......if he layed them on there side......would it fool them tnto which way was up.....so he could lay them on thier side when he birthed them......would he tape the bottom half with tape to block light????

------------------
Along the way.......take time to eat the shrooms!

Offlinemagicpurplecow
Lapsed Addict

#19870 - 06/06/00 02:02 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think that it matters wihich way the pins think is up while they are in the jar. They will start to follow the light once they are in the terarium (unless of course the cake is sitting ontop of them).

------------------
In the above post, whenever I refer to myself, I'm actually talking about my friend's cousin's high school English teacher. By the way, I'm told she's a total babe.

--------------------

OfflinePrimate
former addict
 User Gallery

#19871 - 06/06/00 04:26 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Magic- it's bad because a: you have to damage the cake to get them off(in the past i had shrooms actually growing in the jar b4 birth) b:They were small shrooms, and usually didn't grow any more after birth. I'm sure it's not a huge deal either way....

-Primate

------------------
~~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy, I don't mind, I think they're Crazy"~~
-John Lennon

--------------------
"Power to the peaceful"

-Micheal Franti and Spearhead

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #19872 - 06/07/00 07:03 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

we've been experimenting with this at drooldonkey.org
since few strains other than pf's classic 'mr' pin easily, just start giving them light early, a week or even two before full colonization.
so far, so good.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract