Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc
    #19681545 -

Wild onions and huckleberries are beginning to bloom... Iris and forget-me-nots are beginning to take off. Lookin' like spring here on the coast!
Tons of beautiful Boletus zelleri about! Wish I had taken some time for photos.
Probably about every type of Agaricus out there lately, too many to count.
Both Lactarius rubidus and Lactarius camphoratus is relatively abundant right now... but not a single fragilis, even though I have found tons of them from the same areas...
Big difference in the aroma, I was only able to smell L. rubidus hours after crushing a bunch in my hands.. my hands smelt of maple by the time I got home.

Lots of different Amoeboid Mycetozoa on the move, feeding and producing fruiting bodies.. I have encountered 4 different species of Stemonitis in this past week alone.
-Looks like I have a pet Blob in my garden... Ive seen him a few times this past year.. keeps getting bigger  :um:

I was on the hunt for some specific mushrooms, so all these photos are a bit rushed.
So many skipped photo-ops... I wish I had more time in the day... when the camera comes out, time slips right on by.. so the camera stayed in the pack most of the day.











































--------------------
- Question # Everything -


Edited by rev0kadavur (03/11/14 04:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: rev0kadavur]
    #19681813 -

Cool pics! Making me jelly, spring's still a ways away out here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: rev0kadavur]
    #19683059 -

Cool finds :cool:

That slime is disturbing.


--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: TimmiT]
    #19683164 -

Beauty finds and pics!! I am a few weeks away I think. Going out for a bit tomorrow and look for verpas and half frees though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #19683206 -

Beautiful, as always! Hope you found what you were looking for!


--------------------
I don't mind being ogled, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule.
If you consider the source, it's kinda pitiful
The only thing you really know about me is.....That's all you'll ever know!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: art2312]
    #19684584 -

wicked stuff! Is that a Pholiota coming out of that pine cone? Whatever that blob is, it's freaking gross and needs to take a shower, and freshen up a bit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: domesticgnome]
    #19684994 -

Good stuff!:smile:
In case you where wondering,your white eggs mass is a Stemonitis species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #19685018 -

Beautiful pics and some odd finds!! I love that Amanita pic with the snail :tongue2:


--------------------


"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: pouihi]
    #19685225 -

Nice pics! I really enjoy the cool slime mold finds.

Did you find a name for mushroom on the pine cone? It reminds me of pholiota velaglutinosa.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #19685359 -

Blue-FunGuy said:
Good stuff!:smile:
In case you where wondering,your white eggs mass is a Stemonitis species.



Nope. Already figured that out :grin:
Likely Stemonitis fusca.
I also have a pic of whats likely Stemonitis axifera, posted it a few weeks ago, blurry as all hell though.
Been seeing lots of this stuff lately, at least 3, possibly 4 different species.
Stemonitis are Amoebozoa Mycetozoa, same with the Fuligo septica & Physarum polycephalum.

I see these slimes entirely different after learning that their distinguished from the Fungi Kingdom all together.
My old Audubon book still refers to them as fungi. lol..
I was flippin' through all my newer books and not finding these slimes in there at all...
- then it clicked.. "They're not mushrooms!"...

I referenced them and found they are single celled organisms with a simple intelligence... Now the P. polycephalum experiments make alot more sense. 
They are stuck somewhere in between Amoebas and Fungi, officially put in the Amoeboid Protozoa group.. really interesting stuff!
-Kinda makes me think of Jellyfish, divergent from Plankton.... makes me think of what these slime molds might have in mind for the future. . . . I keep picturing Land Jellys of the future :rofl:

From Wiki:
Quote:
It appears (based in proteomes) that the amoebozoa form a sister group to animals and fungi, diverging from this lineage after it had split from the other groups.





--------------------
- Question # Everything -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: rev0kadavur]
    #19685379 -

Is that Amanita augusta?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: TimmiT]
    #19685382 -

TimmiT said:
That slime is disturbing.



Right? :laugh:
Kinda made me Nervous... but its really interesting to observe...
I laid next to it and watched it move... reported to creep around 1-2 mm per hour...
-But I could see it moving more like 1 mm every 3-5 minutes.
I read reports of this slime moving several feet in a day.


--------------------
- Question # Everything -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: Ran-D]
    #19685417 -

Ran-D said:
Is that Amanita augusta?



I was thinking Amanita franchetii... Which I now just learned is the European variety...

Amanita augusta is the West Coast North American designation,  Mycorrhizal with Bishop Pines and Doug Fir... Sounds like a perfect habitat match!

Taxon Information sure is Shifty! :tongue:

So yeah, I think your right!
:grin:Good call~


--------------------
- Question # Everything -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: art2312]
    #19685449 -

art2312 said:
Beautiful, as always! Hope you found what you were looking for!



I didn't find what I was looking for... looked like things had already been picked over pretty good from the weekenders...
-Disappointing, but took it as an opportunity to try a new mushroom.  :smile:


--------------------
- Question # Everything -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. bernardii - A. aurantia - Plasmodial P. polycephalum & F. septica - S. fusca - Etc [Re: domesticgnome]
    #19685620 -

pseudotsuga said:
Did you find a name for mushroom on the pine cone? It reminds me of pholiota velaglutinosa.




domesticgnome said:
wicked stuff! Is that a Pholiota coming out of that pine cone?



I have yet to ID that one... but it was one of the most abundant mushrooms on my hike that day.... probably encountered thousands of them.

They kinda look similar to Pholiota lubrica, pholiota velaglutinosa and Pholiota spumosa.. but not entirely.
Also look similar to Pholiota nameko in appearance, but not likely.

They were typically gregarious, spread out and grouped, but none tightly clustered. Growing from pine logs, cones and presumably buried debris in the pine duff.. None had and sign of scales on their caps, even when young they were shiny and smooth. Very Viscid at all stages. Stalk was minutely fibrillose, particularly the lower portion. Veil appeared to be evanescent. Gills where whitish young, maturing to a ochre-yellow color.

domesticgnome said:
Whatever that blob is, it's freaking gross and needs to take a shower, and freshen up a bit.



NOOOO.... it got a shower and that might be why its so big. lol :tongue:


--------------------
- Question # Everything -


Edited by rev0kadavur (03/12/14 12:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Possible Aleuria aurantia newbie ID request baldandrew 506 5 04/01/10 01:19 PM
by baldandrew
* Agaricus bernardii Lhun 2,640 16 10/13/13 09:42 PM
by Lhun
* Agaricus bernardii, late March BlueLightRain 868 6 03/31/11 09:14 PM
by psylosymonreturns
* Physarum Polycephalum found near my home... Nakor4twenty 753 4 07/14/14 04:31 PM
by Nakor4twenty
* Agaricus bernardii Amatoxin 1,061 5 08/11/06 12:13 AM
by CureCat
* Agaricus bernardii??????????????? Drunk Monkey 467 3 06/10/09 11:55 PM
by Beege
* Custom mycology dictionary Alan RockefellerM 1,725 9 12/04/16 02:01 AM
by maynardjameskeenan
* It Came from Outer Space! Fatherroot 673 7 05/07/13 04:51 PM
by Fatherroot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,509 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 58 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.