Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerouge
canuck

Loc: ontario
Ontario, Canada
    #1964247 - 09/29/03 11:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i'm looking for someone who would like to share tips and tricks on finding wild "magic" mushrooms in the Ontario, Canada area

--------------------
i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me - Beck

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Ontario, Canada [Re: rouge]
    #1964333 - 09/30/03 12:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The first trick is to read the faq which (and I may be remembering incorrectly) states that most parts of Canada (including Ontario) are ripe for the picking of P. Semilanceata (Liberty Caps). You will need to read at least the FAQ and apply your knowledge of the workings of a forum and like things to interpret the information posted here to formulate an appropriate answer to the question whcih you seek an answer to. Then a respose will be rendered. I think that they should make it some sort of system default that one cannot post until they have read the pertinent information contained herein and maybe some relevant facts not contained in this site already that should be. When you read you will figure out how to pick them but may not find them your (first I assume) year of picking and it is all the better as it requires a working knowledge of mycology to understand what to put in your body if anything that you yourself identify.m I do however wish oyu luck and patience and you will catch more flies by reading the rules man. (No hostilit intended- just telling you how the thing works- good night new friend!

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Ontario, Canada [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1964401 - 09/30/03 12:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Off subject a bit. Thats a well writen post, and kind hearted, and I like your sincerity. On the other hand, I enjoy watching gumby rip a new one on newbies like the above. I guess onces you've seen 1 billion people ask the same question, and the times that you did feel like helping the helpless they answered back "thanks dood, I looked at some pics of lib caps and I'm gonna head out tonight and see if me and my buds can score some boomers, they're suppose to have brown caps and stain purple right? You just give up and save your fingers the time and spare you carpel tunnel syndrome from another post.

Anyways, I've been drinking and thinking, don't mind me :smile:

Read the FAQ dude! Then come back and ask all the questions you want. And be safe picking :smile:

LK,

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (09/30/03 12:30 AM)

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Ontario, Canada [Re: Lizard King]
    #1964431 - 09/30/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah- I've been drinking too a bit actually- this may account for some of the patience. :wink: :wink:

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1965029 - 09/30/03 04:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

patience is a good thing. besides, he's not going to be around musch for a little while so we'll have to fill in.

in al seriousnes, i am happy to see people trying to fill the newbies in. newbies who are nurtured, although expected to follow the rules, tend to turn out better than those who are flamed by users and/or reamed by the mod-squad. :grin:

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous

#1965107 - 09/30/03 05:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

damn I had no idea lib caps were in ontario....I thought only pan subbs were

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification