Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Patlal]
    #19620435 -

Is wasn't a hard enough question to kill the thread. Would you apologize to the kid or not?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Patlal]
    #19620460 -

Perhaps he's isn't sitting in front of his computer anxiously awaiting your return to a thread you claimed to have abandoned.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Patlal]
    #19620462 -

Patlal said:
If this entire war would be forgiven completely if you said sorry to a kid who lost his innocent parents due to a US bombing, would you apologize to him?



It doesn't need to be forgiven.  Why do you love Saddam so much?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Patlal]
    #19620464 -

there isnt a single negative outcome i could see coming of this, but one thing is for sure it will reduce the amount of people suing fast-food chains for their own over indulgence, although including a calorie and fat content will give anyone with the very basic understanding of numeral sequence the ability to make a better choice when eating out, all be it the lesser of two evils.  Mcdonalds in the states has had this in effect for a few years now and i like to think that i am pretty knowledgeable about my nutritional intake, but even i was very taken aback when i saw the number next to the item, it removes your ability to be ignorantly blissful and aware of your decisions before you commit to them.  I may be biased, any devils advocates out there have an alternate point of view??



--------------------
What you seek is seeking you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #19620470 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Perhaps he's isn't sitting in front of his computer anxiously awaiting your return to a thread you claimed to have abandoned.



Yes, that might perhaps have been true.  I don't think he can quite fathom that I do not hang on his every word.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19620494 -

I am shocked.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19620509 -

zappaisgod said:
Patlal said:
If this entire war would be forgiven completely if you said sorry to a kid who lost his innocent parents due to a US bombing, would you apologize to him?



It doesn't need to be forgiven.  Why do you love Saddam so much?



Heartless answer.

Don't give a fuck about Saddam. He deserved it. But the innocent didn't

All you had to do was to write "yes" and look good. But instead you went to all the trouble of finding a horrible answer. Why am I not surprised?


--------------------

Edited by Patlal (02/26/14 11:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Patlal]
    #19620534 -

Are you actually Obama? After all, he honed "lie for the greater good" to a fine art.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Patlal]
    #19620578 -

Patlal said:
zappaisgod said:
Patlal said:
If this entire war would be forgiven completely if you said sorry to a kid who lost his innocent parents due to a US bombing, would you apologize to him?



It doesn't need to be forgiven.  Why do you love Saddam so much?



Heartless answer.

Don't give a fuck about Saddam. He deserved it. But the innocent didn't

All you had to do was to write "yes" and look good. But instead you went to all the trouble of finding a horrible answer. Why am I not surprised?



He has a chance to grow up in a democracy.  I will accept his thanks.  Saddam Hussein was responsible for every one of the deaths in the Iraq War,  It never would have happened if he stayed out of Kuwait and the second never would have happened if he had abided by the agreement he signed.  I am not even going to bother asking why this is so hard for you to understand.  I now the reason.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19620604 -

I think it would be great!

Probabbly would stop eating out though :shrug:

Seeing the calories in McDonalds food usually is enough to kill my appetite instantly


--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #19620610 -

Tripsurfer said:
I think it would be great!

Probabbly would stop eating out though :shrug:

Seeing the calories in McDonalds food usually is enough to kill my appetite instantly



For sure.

I'd like to see how many nutrients and vitamins are in a big mac. Just to see if I'm eating quality calories.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19620613 -

zappaisgod said:
Patlal said:
zappaisgod said:
Patlal said:
If this entire war would be forgiven completely if you said sorry to a kid who lost his innocent parents due to a US bombing, would you apologize to him?



It doesn't need to be forgiven.  Why do you love Saddam so much?



Heartless answer.

Don't give a fuck about Saddam. He deserved it. But the innocent didn't

All you had to do was to write "yes" and look good. But instead you went to all the trouble of finding a horrible answer. Why am I not surprised?



He has a chance to grow up in a democracy.  I will accept his thanks.  Saddam Hussein was responsible for every one of the deaths in the Iraq War,  It never would have happened if he stayed out of Kuwait and the second never would have happened if he had abided by the agreement he signed.  I am not even going to bother asking why this is so hard for you to understand.  I now the reason.



How was a war between Irak and Kuwait the business of the US?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Patlal]
    #19620653 -

Patlal said:
zappaisgod said:
Patlal said:
Heartless answer.

Don't give a fuck about Saddam. He deserved it. But the innocent didn't

All you had to do was to write "yes" and look good. But instead you went to all the trouble of finding a horrible answer. Why am I not surprised?



He has a chance to grow up in a democracy.  I will accept his thanks.  Saddam Hussein was responsible for every one of the deaths in the Iraq War,  It never would have happened if he stayed out of Kuwait and the second never would have happened if he had abided by the agreement he signed.  I am not even going to bother asking why this is so hard for you to understand.  I now the reason.



How was a war between Irak and Kuwait the business of the US?



Apparently it was the business of most of the civilized world to enforce borders.  Fifty nations, including yours, and the UN all on board.  Why do you hate Kuwaitis?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: backyardblues]
    #19620732 -

backyardblues said:
there isnt a single negative outcome i could see coming of this, but one thing is for sure it will reduce the amount of people suing fast-food chains for their own over indulgence, although including a calorie and fat content will give anyone with the very basic understanding of numeral sequence the ability to make a better choice when eating out, all be it the lesser of two evils.  Mcdonalds in the states has had this in effect for a few years now and i like to think that i am pretty knowledgeable about my nutritional intake, but even i was very taken aback when i saw the number next to the item, it removes your ability to be ignorantly blissful and aware of your decisions before you commit to them.  I may be biased, any devils advocates out there have an alternate point of view??





This thread was promising too, now it just derailed into a game of circle jerks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: fapjack]
    #19620815 -

Back on topic

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2014/02/does-bittman-freudenberg-contingent.html

Quote:
You've got to read the previous post to know what I mean by "the Bittman-Freudenberg contingent" and "the politico-journo-academic complex" and its "playbook." Basically, it's propaganda justifying the government's taking control over and restricting individual freedom of choice about engaging in activities that can damage the human body, even where the human being who wants to do such things can take precautions and exercise restraint to reduce the risk of harm and especially with respect to behavior that is urged on by the less intellectual and so-called "reptilian" parts of the brain.

Bittman and Freudenberg were talking about guns, cars, smoking, food, and drink — the things those with leftish leanings feel that government ought to control. But their playbook for supervening individual choice for the sake of better quality health can be followed just as well by those who lean in the social-conservative direction and want government control of sexual behavior. If the individual mind isn't capable of rationally assessing the risk and gives in to urges from the "reptilian" brain and if there's a higher right — a right of the public, generally — to good health, then, considering the ravages of sexually transmitted diseases, unplanned pregnancy, and psychological damage, one could justify outlawing all sex outside of marriage.




She is quite correct that this "public interest in your choice" argument can be used for anything.  No more motorcycles


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #19620841 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Details? You claim it was for the oil, yet there was none.


I don't think oil was the only reason the U.S. invaded Iraq, but I don't understand what you mean when you say "there was none".  There is tons of oil in Iraq, and the industry was nationalized under Saddam's regime.  Now, multinationals, including many U.S.-listed IOCs, operate in Iraq and make money on Iraqi oil.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Lion]
    #19620853 -

We didn't get any.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19620861 -

zappaisgod said:
We didn't get any.


Can you elaborate on that?


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: Lion]
    #19620877 -

How did we get any oil?  Oil is sold on the world market.  There are dozens of countries to buy oil from and we produce plenty of our own.  We didn't need any oil from Iraq and as far as I know we don't have any contracts to purchase any from them now but that is still just buying.  We didn't take any oil from them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ontario Liberals want to force restaurant to write down the calorie count next to the price [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19620900 -

zappaisgod said:
How did we get any oil?  Oil is sold on the world market.  There are dozens of countries to buy oil from and we produce plenty of our own.  We didn't need any oil from Iraq and as far as I know we don't have any contracts to purchase any from them now but that is still just buying.  We didn't take any oil from them.


Well, I certainly would never argue that the U.S. government stole oil from Iraq to distribute it among its own citizens, or that IOCs stole oil.  That would be an absurd claim.  Yet the invasion of Iraq opened an otherwise closed market to U.S.-listed IOCs, who now profit from oil that they otherwise would not have.  That is what people are referring to when they say that we invaded Iraq for oil, i.e. that strong ties between politicians and IOCs, and the latter's desire for new markets, was the real reason behind the invasion.  I think it is far from the only reason, but that it factored into the logic of the invasion's engineers.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Canada - Liberals unveil pot bill for second time
( 1 2 all )
ThorA 5,047 23 11/02/04 02:49 PM
by kadakuda
* A bit of graffiti from London, Ontario. Phluck 1,836 18 07/20/05 11:32 AM
by InsatiableThirst
* my plans : Sammich Restaurant! Penguin 1,799 14 05/14/03 08:40 PM
by hemp_threadz
* The Hippy Cafe, London Ontario (My Video) Irradiated_Feces 1,820 7 07/08/05 07:12 AM
by drtyfrnk
* Ontario, Canada
( 1 2 all )
rouge 2,113 23 01/05/09 05:05 PM
by Blink Dog
* Drinking age in Ontario Canada Ratbag 1,713 9 03/28/05 06:51 PM
by kadakuda
* Ontario,Canada pseudo 709 8 04/27/05 08:39 PM
by pseudo
* Brazilian barbecue restaurants RandalFlagg 690 5 06/10/05 09:32 AM
by afoaf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
9,770 topic views. 1 members, 18 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.