Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Celestica]
    #19558425 -

Celestica said:
You have a point there, clearly. I just wish that someday we will be free from these biological boundaries and can live free from that, equal. Would be beautiful, but probably it will never happen.

Reality tend to be the same I guess.




When you die.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Celestica]
    #19558439 -

Celestica said:
My opinion is that almost all of the psychological differences between men and women are due to how we are so different treated during our childhood especially but also in society as a whole. And the movement for more power to the woman has been very successfull many times. Take as an example, women are allowed to vote in almost all "democracies"

Regards,
Celestica




seriously? biology makes no dfference?

I think you'd rather make up comfortable fantasies than face cold, brutal truth.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Celestica]
    #19558452 -

Celestica said:
I agree with all of that, but not "major". I think the difference is quite small compared to differences between individuals. The biggest differences you see between men and women, I believe, are social.




I think you're lying to yourself because it makes you feel better.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Shins]
    #19558499 -

So if men and women aren't equal because of biology, are different races not equal because of biology?


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Shins]
    #19558560 -

What does "equal" mean?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19558645 -

Apparently from what I gather, the OP Is implying that equality = equal outcomes


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Shins] * 1
    #19558889 -

Equal outcomes in what?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Shins]
    #19558949 -

Shins said:
So if men and women aren't equal because of biology, are different races not equal because of biology?



As soon as I see a thread like this I'll be there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Fragment] * 1
    #19559011 -

I'm begging here.  What is meant by "equal"?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19564681 -

zappaisgod said:
What does "equal" mean?



zappaisgod said:
Equal outcomes in what?



zappaisgod said:
I'm begging here.  What is meant by "equal"?



:awedisgust: now i have proof you are a robot who can't understand words out of textbook definition


--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Endure] * 1
    #19564842 -

Endure said:
zappaisgod said:
What does "equal" mean?



zappaisgod said:
Equal outcomes in what?



zappaisgod said:
I'm begging here.  What is meant by "equal"?



:awedisgust: now i have proof you are a robot who can't understand words out of textbook definition



and I'm sure no one has answered the mans question. He's testing you. You failed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19564854 -

zappaisgod said:
I'm begging here.  What is meant by "equal"?



gender equality, refers to the view that men and women should receive equal treatment, and should not be discriminated against based on gender, unless there is a sound biological reason for different treatment.

source Wikipedia.

I disagree. I've seen women in a combat zone. Its not fair to the male soldiers. Unless its Team Lioness, the originals out of Ar Ramadi . Not the PR cubs either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: myc_check1212] * 1
    #19565512 -

Equality of treatment does not mean equality of outcome


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19565578 -

Just like in sports. Men dominate women.
The same should apply to a war battle shouldn't it?


--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Endure]
    #19565631 -

What are you talking about?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Endure]
    #19565671 -

Endure said:
Just like in sports. Men dominate women.
The same should apply to a war battle shouldn't it?



Dunno if I agree with this one the tennis sister pretty much set records when they smack balls around  and such I do agree that there are more capable men in sports but they might have to go head to head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19565741 -

I know, I just found the definition. I don't subscribe to that at all.

"Unless there is a sound biological reason for different treatment."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Fragment]
    #19565983 -

Fragment said:
Endure said:
Just like in sports. Men dominate women.
The same should apply to a war battle shouldn't it?



Dunno if I agree with this one the tennis sister pretty much set records when they smack balls around  and such I do agree that there are more capable men in sports but they might have to go head to head.



The Venus twins hit the  faster than any male? Maybe because they are odd and literally bigger than the males competing. They would still lose against Nadal or Federer in the majority of matches imo.

Imo in general Nadal is the best and most gifted player in tennis although many would choose federer.

I guess my argument is a little not good. It's just most woman in general that I know would probably break down in the line of duty during a battle and hide behind the men lol.


--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: Endure]
    #19566001 -

No, the Williams' didn't hit faster serves than the men.  They probably wouldn't have a shot at any ranked man down to 200. 

I saw Djokovich take Nadal apart at the US Open a while back.  It wasn't as close as the score made it seem.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gender equality - will the positive trend continue into full equality, can psychedelics help? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19566014 -

zappaisgod said:
No, the Williams' didn't hit faster serves than the men.  I saw Djokovich take Nadal apart at the US Open a while back.  It wasn't as close as the score made it seem.



So did I. Your also entirely forgetting Nadal was playing that entire match with a Torn hamstring.

Djokovich is not on Nadal level in the very least 7 out of 10 times. Djokovich would be a star for example and Nadal would be an all star


--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lifting the veil on gender apartheid wingnutx 1,126 10 08/20/03 11:16 AM
by Anonymous
* Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 5,509 48 04/27/04 08:08 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Equality Anonymous 493 3 01/23/03 04:42 PM
by MountainMist
* The most thoughtful gun-control position I've seen yet... retread 913 5 09/01/04 10:49 PM
by retread
* Rumsfeld says he is taking full responsibility for abuse... grib 631 3 05/07/04 12:21 PM
by Evolving
* Positive Discrimination rogue_pixie 785 11 08/04/04 04:54 PM
by DieCommie
* Continued from an OTD thread
( 1 2 all )
BiggNigg 2,404 20 06/03/02 09:49 AM
by nugsarenice
* ?Bush - Nazi Dealings Continued Until 1951?
( 1 2 3 all )
Vvellum 4,210 43 06/13/04 04:39 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,228 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
Calendar Event: 02/11/55
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.