Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
China - Where.
    #19229275 -

Hey guys,


Been reading a lot on these forums about various topics, just firstly want to say thanks to everyone for the time and effort you've all put in to make this the awesome resourceful place it is.

I am currently in China and want to hunt for Mushrooms in the wild (As super markets are  a little too easy and don't have the Shrooms I'm after)

I have done a bunch of research and come up with this:

1. Yunnan is the most likely place as it has the most suitable climate for mushrooms and coincidently exports a shit ton of normal mushrooms to the rest of the world. (Yunnan is the SW of China)

2. These are the available strains:

China
Gymnopilus junonius
Gymnopilus sp.
Panaeolus cinctulus
Panaeolus cyanescens
Panaeolus sp.
Psilocybe cubensis
Psilocybe subcaerulipes (Taiwan)
Psilocybe venenata


Hong Kong
Gymnopilus sp.
Panaeolus sp.
Pluteus salicinus




Now I am able to go to HK but I mainly live in the Mainland of China, so it's my preference.


I am at a bit of a loss on where to start as just going to Yunnan and getting off a plane/train/bus and looking around probably isn't great, hence I'm here asking for your help.


Any advice, ideas, suggestions or educational slaps around the head that ya'll could administer would be great.


Thanks a lot.


--------------------
I like you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: agreedwitboardrule]
    #19260405 -

Any ideas ?!?!?


--------------------
I like you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: agreedwitboardrule]
    #19260414 -

Well, asking for locations isn't particularly encouraged on here, and I also think it's safe to say that we have at best a handful of people living in Asia on these boards

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: agreedwitboardrule]
    #19260430 -

I think you'd be better off researching the species on that list and learning about their habitats, then maybe base your hunting location on that.

Edited by Ran-D (12/11/13 02:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: agreedwitboardrule]
    #19260464 -

I can't speak from experience as I've never been to China. But being of such a magnificent
size, I'd start by checking the local climates of the areas you can readily access without too
much expense or waste of time, and then go from there.


--------------------


★★★★★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: Anglerfish]
    #19262216 -

Mainland China doesn't mean much.  If you are in a tropical or subtropical area then cow and horse dung would be a good place to start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: kcrocker802]
    #19262255 -

Anywhere in South China where it is rainy I imagine would be fine, but I really do not know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: koraks]
    #19262826 -

koraks said:
Well, asking for locations isn't particularly encouraged on here, and I also think it's safe to say that we have at best a handful of people living in Asia on these boards



If I recall correctly, it's asking for or revealing *specific* locations that's discouraged. Suggesting a province of China, or even a city, is fully acceptable. The problem is just that we don't have the information in the first place :frown: Does Stamet's book Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World have good range information? Maybe there any some mushroom field guides for China that have range information?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: thiotimoline]
    #19263832 -

As listed above, I've already looked up which strains live in China, also I understand that the majority grow/come out of Yunnan which has the right climate (produces a fuck ton of the worlds mushrooms)....sadly it's not exactly a 20 minute walk from me.

Plus it's winter here now...so i doubt there are any shrooms growing, i will check out the local park though and see what I can find.


--------------------
I like you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China - Where. [Re: agreedwitboardrule]
    #19263978 -

If you want to find something somewhat rare and cool, really cool for us microscopists and scientists, especially if you plan on sending them out for DNA or Micro.

I would look for

Psilocybe subcaerulipes.

This species grows in groups, or clustered together on the ground on soil that is rich in woody debris. It has been noted to grow near the tree species Cryptomeria japonica (known locally as Sugi),Taiwania, Quercus glauca (Japanese Blue Oak), and Pinus taeda (Loblolly Pine). It has been found in Japan (specifically, in Kyoto, Osaka, Shiga, Saitama, Niigata, and Miyagi), China (Thaiwan) and Thailand.



Otherwise i would stick to cattle pastures and look for these species.
Panaeolus cinctulus
Panaeolus cyanescens
Panaeolus sp.
Psilocybe cubensis


--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira


       

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spots To Pick In Western/Lower Mainland BC?Summer Raven_420 4,951 5 04/27/02 08:20 AM
by mjshroomer
* Poisonous mushroom kills dozens in China (another story in Russia too) scatmanrav 1,295 3 07/19/05 11:31 AM
by scatmanrav
* I can?t find any information on Psilocybe Graveolens? ShroomNoob03 6,033 2 09/07/04 06:15 AM
by Hermes_br
* No information on weilii's??? mastacheefa 1,163 10 09/07/04 09:18 PM
by rasjoe2112
* Useful Information for Florida shroomers GGreatOne234 8,887 14 05/05/14 09:51 AM
by purplecubebody
* Found a patch of shrooms. Need help identifying (pictures and information included). Thanks! cubensis_chris 1,392 3 06/21/05 02:47 PM
by seatrip
* i need some information shroomgirl 611 2 01/03/05 11:25 AM
by shroomydan
* Pics of shrooms in Cali. What kind are they? MCabage 1,349 6 01/12/03 01:18 AM
by calishroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,342 topic views. 0 members, 18 guests and 50 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.