Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Screwed up my casing, what will happen??
    #1912824 -

So I made my casing with 2 quarts of popcorn, and a 1/2 inch casing layer on bottom, and a 1/2 inch layer on top(60/40). So I go to put it in the incubator and it falls upside down. It has a lid, so it just mixes up the popcorn/casing. Will it colonize and fruit normally? Should I wait untill it colonizes and re-case? WTF do I do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Deleted [Re: resin]
    #1912834 -

Post deleted by administrator

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Screwed up my casing, what will happen?? [Re: resin]
    #1912852 -


Hmm,

I bet you yelled a loud *FUCK* when you saw that! :lol:

I like doing popcorn casings myself with 60/40 casing mix.  Now, I guess it's not screwed.  If you have colonized popcorn mixed with casing material, i'm pretty sure it will colonize and in 3-5 days it will be almost all covered.

I suggest you to put another casing layer right now, a VERY THIN one. Just enough to barely cover the popcorn mix.

  Of course, incubate again for another 4-5 days and initiate fruiting.

  .fs. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Screwed up my casing, what will happen?? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1912995 -

Yea, as soon as it dropped I was like "Fuck!!" , all that time for nothin. Yea I hope it colonizes well, and Then I will add a 1/2 inch casing layer. If anyone knows of anyproblems that can happen, please post. Thanks again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need suggestions on these casings cheesyincident 772 3 02/10/02 04:11 AM
by Joshua
* Has anyone here had success casing rye grain? EPerson100 34,754 13 02/11/17 06:47 PM
by CubeSteakPoo
* months of prepatation for first time screw up? Jeroen198 2,070 12 06/22/02 08:40 AM
by Jeroen198
* I might have screwed up bad, need help! JTShroom 487 3 08/15/02 10:31 AM
by JTShroom
* Re: Cases a little screwed up... Anonymous 598 1 12/15/99 05:38 PM
by Anonymous
* A bit of advice so you dont screw up like I did! malibu76 1,297 15 07/28/02 09:54 PM
by Cubies4Me
* Re: casing pf cakes Anonymous 1,118 2 07/24/00 03:13 AM
by Anonymous
* Casing 2 strains??? NerdKiller 834 7 08/20/05 10:32 PM
by theBRINK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
420 topic views. 14 members, 67 guests and 210 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.