Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Lib Caps Already in Sweden?
    #1682989 -

The mushroom season has already begun here in Sweden, as chanterelles, and other edible shrooms are already everywhere. I went to a nearby golf course and found these which I'm 99% sure are semilanceata. The spore print(though difficult to get clearly) is dark brown, brown gills, though only some had a very definite nipple on them. I don't think there are any dangerous look alikes, any thoughts on the photo, excuse the poor resolution, my next investment is a new digital camera. Thanks for any help...





TripWizard


--------------------
No chemicals in SWEDEN!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1682993 -

ok do you have any fresh specimins


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: Dobie]
    #1682999 -

These were picked about 2 hrs ago. I have been checking photos etc. online. I know the semilanceata can sometimes look a bit different by region. The images I have seen of the specimens in Sweden look exactly like mine. I just have that last bit of hesitation before chomping down, these would be my first find 'in the wild':) There are some images of other lib caps in Sweden here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum3&Number=928430&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1


TW


--------------------
No chemicals in SWEDEN!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1683287 -

ok take a cap easily rip it in half tell me what it does


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: Dobie]
    #1683310 -

Dobie,

I ripped a cap, they're still soft, it ripped very easily though the stem is tough and twistable. The gills are a darker brown, but the inside flesh of the cap(not gills) is a white to cream color. Once again, these are about 3+ hrs since I picked them. Very musty smell when sniffed also. Hope this helps you to help me. Thanks man..

TW


--------------------
No chemicals in SWEDEN!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1683326 -

Any colour change, when squashed, cut, otherwise mutilated?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: Jackal]
    #1683359 -

Unfortunately Jackal, no color change. From my reading I know that many lib caps don't blue so much so I'm hoping. I took another spore print and it's definitely a dark brown rust color. Guess I may pass on eating them, though I'm almost certain they're the good ones:)

TW


--------------------
No chemicals in SWEDEN!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1683396 -

I suppose 'no blue' is better than 'something other than blue'.

Better wait for one of the experts


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1683420 -

They look like Panaeolus of some kind?
There seems to be no inward turning of the cap rims?
And you can just make out belting on some of the older caps.

but its a bit blurry so hard to say


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: Paid]
    #1683436 -

Some of the caps do have 'belting', what does this indicate Paid? As they have dried a bit, they look more liberty-like in that the caps are a light brown, the nipples or points on almost all are now a caramel color, and the cap edges are darker. I guess I'll continue to wait:) I'm hoping for the best because there are hundreds if not thousands on the nearby golf course, and there is rain predicted here for the next several days, I could easily get 1-2 pounds:)

TW


--------------------
No chemicals in SWEDEN!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1683481 -

Paid,

Some of the just picked shrooms looked identical to this image, others were more semilanceata like.



Thanks guys for all your help...

TW


--------------------
No chemicals in SWEDEN!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1683754 -

Yeah, i dont think many if any are actually liberty caps :-(
Theres no real nipple shaping to them, and the belting is a Panaeolus charactoristic so sorry, i wouldnt eat those.

See the nipple and the incurved lip, these are the charactoristics you need to look for, there are many look alikes, but once you find these, you will know.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: Paid]
    #1683761 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1683828 -

Those are Panaeolus foeniescii. I can see them through the blurry picture, they were found on a golf course and the sporeprint is brown.

No bluing either.

You also have to check for the removable flap of skin on the cap, which semilanceata will have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: ]
    #1683829 -

Dont worry Trip you WILL get more semis this fall than you can ever eat!
If you dont find em where you at just PM me and i?ll show you where to find em..;)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: stonErollEr1]
    #1683923 -

I appreciate all the tips. Oh well, I may keep looking. There are already tons of shrooms around. If nothing else, I know I'll find them in the autumn. And thank you stonErollEr1, I will keep your offer in mind:) Thanks again guys...

TW


--------------------
No chemicals in SWEDEN!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: TripWizard]
    #1884081 -

Can somebody plz send me a picture of Liberty Cap picked up in Sweden... i am a noob at hunting mushrooms and dont want to get poisoned...send it to kubak@tampabay.rr.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: kubak]
    #1884112 -

Go to mushrooms on erowid.org and click on images.
Look at the pictures of Psilocybe Semilanceata and educate yourself further (saying that it would appear you haven't even learnt the basics yet) before even considering going mushroom hunting.


--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lib Caps Already in Sweden? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1884126 -

kubak: you could have found many pics without digging this thread up from the deep.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* flat lib cap Elwingador 1,696 3 10/19/01 08:32 PM
by Psylosymon
* found mushrooms possible lib caps Iowa Rasta 2,530 5 06/07/02 05:36 AM
by StInvetroThomas
* A few lib caps dazzyboi 2,138 16 12/03/03 09:30 AM
by dazzyboi
* Lib caps? (scan) NotaMongoose 2,105 9 10/08/01 04:24 PM
by Champion des Champignons
* Lib caps dazzyboi 887 1 11/23/03 11:31 AM
by angryshroom
* More UK Lib caps dazzyboi 1,685 9 12/13/03 12:05 PM
by dazzyboi
* lib caps? pics coastaltripn 1,421 10 11/03/03 02:39 PM
by Gumby
* UK Liberty Cap (P.semilanceata) MY BEST PICKS (pic) SalviaEngland 4,824 19 10/21/04 11:51 AM
by phishhead

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,950 topic views. 1 members, 20 guests and 57 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.