Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform.
    #1877266 -

I keep getting Checkmate & Concise stuck in my head, you know the tune, but anyway. I think Jah Rule, Outcast, and others really forgot their fans in the last few years of rap, whcih essentially sounds like disco now with more song lyrics. Yep, rap really crash landed there in the last few years. It sounds hollow and devoid of real juice. I can't think of a single rapper I really like anymore. It's all just degenerated into a bunch of MCs trying to make a buck. I know Cherry Bomb agrees with me.


--------------------
Jolly Good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Big Fi52]
    #1877296 -

For me Rap was best in the early 90's, with EPMD, Erik B & Rakim, Ice T, NWA, Jungle bros, etc..

I like about 5% of all rap today, most of that actually being Eminem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Thor]
    #1877312 -

I don't listen to rap very often, but Jurrassic 5 is some pretty good 'newish' rap music. Eminem is also pretty awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Big Fi52]
    #1877313 -

Quote:
There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform.



There is no doubt it is NOT art. It's done by a bunch of no-talent hacks.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Thor]
    #1877314 -

Yo Thor, what's up... You probably don't remember me. Eminem tries really hard for his fans. I think his next album will tank though, and he'll wear out as an OG rap artist.


--------------------
Jolly Good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1877984 -

I do think a lot of the rappers today are utterly and horribly lacking talent, but that does not mean there are not talented artists who rap.

I mean Eminem is a lyrical genius, he's made me a fan of Rap again after Rap turned into this "I'm black and now I'm rich, look at my new car and babes around me 24/7" type songs/videos..

I mean Rap used to actually mean something, it had a point, and that is sooo rare these days. Public Enemy, NWA, etc.. These guys all had talent and that style of Rap is nearly dead IMO, except for a few here and there like Eminen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Thor]
    #1877987 -

There is a lot of good rap out there, but your not gonna find it in MTV rap like Ja Rule and shit, that guy is a moron. Listen to some Wu Tang Clan or A Tribe Called Quest. That is good shit, Deltron is also awesome! Peace.


--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Big Fi52]
    #1878007 -

I like Hip-Hop, but rap is now being called hip-hop (<stupid). Now it's all shit. I can't stand any of it for the most part.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Murex]
    #1878220 -

Rap just isn't fresh any more. It lost its spunk when I started rapping my last leg. My last leg of rap is pretty fresh; a lot of you would like to hear my last leg of rap. Now, I am finished with rap, and so is everyone else. Everyone knows the real reason why; It's because everyone knows the set is bullshit.


--------------------
Jolly Good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Big Fi52]
    #1878336 -

try some "people under the stairs"...great hip-hop.


--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Cubieman420]
    #1878677 -

Pretty much all rap is shit these days...

There are a few good artists though..

Eminem, Benefit, and M.O.P

Everyone should download

Benefit - So Sick
Benefit feat. Eminem - Proceed With Caution

This guy has a nice flow and his lyrics are pretty good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Cubieman420]
    #1878848 -

Heh.  I saw People Under The Stairs open for Del (the funky homosapien) about a year ago..I never even heard of them before hand.  They were actually pretty good!  Del really kicked some ass that night :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Big Fi52]
    #1879123 -

i hate rap I don't think of it as an art form but rather as just a bunch of jibberish talking that annoys the hell out of me. just my take

dlag

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: ]
    #1879188 -

i hate rap, but there is talent in it, there's talent in everything that is done...except masturbating, anyone can do that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #1879247 -

but can anyone cream in under 20 seconds??????


--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: hairs]
    #1879656 -

dl...all I can say to you is...MTV rap is not good rap and if you are basing your opinion off of MTV and commercial radio you don't know what rap is, look into sum underground hip-hop you will be suprised how good it is. And of course it is an art/talent...just try....I can kinda rhyme, but it is really hard to do. I am about to see atmosphere, aesop rock and sunzspot jons, cant wait!


--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Cubieman420]
    #1879752 -

Im not a fan of rap, not at all. But ide say the best are redman and the meph....nicotina too. They have talent beat-wise and lyrics to flow with it. Eminems horrible I think. Hes like that incredibly gay kid that thinks hes gods gift to the earth you all knew in school. He tries to act so casually cool. It bothers me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #1879781 -

I_was_the_walrus said:
Eminems horrible I think. Hes like that incredibly gay kid that thinks hes gods gift to the earth you all knew in school. He tries to act so casually cool. It bothers me. 



But thats his 'personality' and why does that matter, I can't stand the guy but his music is awesome.

I mean don't give a crap about an artist and their attitude, personilities, etc... Its all hero/idol worship and it doesnt have anything to do with music appreciation.

Most artist are wacked anyhow, so why care what they say or think. Only let the music speak for them :smile:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1879791 -

RespectTheFungus said:
There is a lot of good rap out there, but your not gonna find it in MTV rap like Ja Rule and shit, that guy is a moron. Listen to some Wu Tang Clan or A Tribe Called Quest. That is good shit, Deltron is also awesome! Peace.



Never got into Wu-Tan, maybe I'll give them a listen.

Tribe called quest is old school, I have some of their oldest shit and yeah they were awesome.. I don't think I've heard anything new except a song done by the lead singer and it wasn't very good, too hip-popish for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: There is doubt as to whether rap is a real artform. [Re: Big Fi52]
    #1879916 -

..... sorry man, you know the Pub rules.

Edited by Thor (09/04/03 12:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* rap kake 2,220 14 05/09/05 12:00 AM
by Snape
* My rant against rap
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RandalFlagg 7,588 71 08/11/05 01:55 AM
by BrilliantWhite
* My first real trip (very long, with pics). Plok 1,401 1 11/16/04 05:12 PM
by Thoth
* I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
wecontrolsweetfreedom 16,804 93 09/06/16 08:59 PM
by Jokeshopbeard
* Rap playlist!
( 1 2 all )
OuchITripped 3,915 31 10/30/05 01:28 AM
by king_cobra
* Rapper keeps it real by doing drive-by RandalFlagg 1,627 10 06/18/05 04:18 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Fucking awsome underground rap from white kids.
( 1 2 all )
DawnOfNinja 1,694 23 06/12/05 09:02 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* what's your favorite rap pre 1995
( 1 2 all )
Cowgold 1,988 22 08/19/05 09:22 PM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,021 topic views. 4 members, 19 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.