Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Icelander]
    #18605985 -

I AM NOT SUGGESTIBLE! I SUGGEST! Perhaps I didn't frame my question to the "oracle" like a bleedin' Logical Positivist would have! Perhaps I should ask it whether I should believe it or Icelander? :smile:
Or perhaps I should ask it whether I should believe Icelander or NOT believe Icelander.  :smile:)
I know, I will dedicate my life to fucking with the I Ching (and pretend this is a paraphrase of Confucius).
I, too, don't give a fig for IQ tests, but I always come out well, which is better than always coming out badly. No matter what the scale (as long as 1 is crap and 100 good and not the reverse) :smile:

ps developing false conceptions is NOT what I intend, irrelevant of any distraction that might occur in my field of consciousness: my experimentation with I Ching is precisely to provide parameters to facilitate this. Hopefully.


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #18605988 -

I have it on VERY good authority that Bombay Sapphire is good gin, but I'm NOT revealing my source!


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #18606010 -

I AM NOT SUGGESTIBLE!

:lol:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Icelander]
    #18608202 -

Icelander said:
I AM NOT SUGGESTIBLE!

:lol:



You find this funny. Good. But would you like to elaborate? ie that you think I am - and by this I mean more so than yourself, otherwise any irony or humour in the statement is lost (IMHO)??
Is there actually ANY point to your somewhat trolling contributions (which always seem to ammount to the same thing, no matter what thread you are replying to?). It doesn't annoy me, I'm just curious: you play your cards close to your chest, so what is it YOU invest in?


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #18608228 -

Schopenhauer said:
Icelander said:
I AM NOT SUGGESTIBLE!

:lol:



You find this funny. Good. But would you like to elaborate? ie that you think I am - and by this I mean more so than yourself, otherwise any irony or humour in the statement is lost (IMHO)??
Is there actually ANY point to your somewhat trolling contributions (which always seem to ammount to the same thing, no matter what thread you are replying to?). It doesn't annoy me, I'm just curious: you play your cards close to your chest, so what is it YOU invest in?



We're all suggestible, any social psychology experiment will prove it.  You shouting you're not is laughable.  The S&M forums are designed to be a kind of suggestibility:

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an incorrect or deviant decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative ideas or viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Edited by CosmicJoke (07/25/13 05:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #18608260 -

Schopenhauer said:
Icelander said:
I AM NOT SUGGESTIBLE!

:lol:



You find this funny. Good. But would you like to elaborate? ie that you think I am - and by this I mean more so than yourself, otherwise any irony or humour in the statement is lost (IMHO)??
Is there actually ANY point to your somewhat trolling contributions (which always seem to ammount to the same thing, no matter what thread you are replying to?). It doesn't annoy me, I'm just curious: you play your cards close to your chest, so what is it YOU invest in?



Trolling?  You asked a question and asked for peoples thoughts. I gave mine. you didn't care for them... thus.... trolling. :tongue:

I laughed because you bolded your statement and everyone is suggestible from what I've seen.

and finally

I invest in pointing out human inconsistency. :satansmoking:  It's my job in the Universe and I'm fairly good at it.  It hardly wins me any popularity contests however.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Icelander]
    #18608273 -

Splendid. Thank you. I do keep forgetting that capitals are shouting; I tend to use them for emphasis, and I took it (falsley) that I was being uniquely accused of suggestibility. Of course, everyone is.
Sorry for the tired old "troll" gambit - I often find your comments extremely perceptive.
I still dig the "mystery" of the I Ching, though!! :smile:


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A throw of the I Ching [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #18608489 -

I love playing around with the I Ching and Tarot.  But I do it specifically to take a look inside my own psychology.  Trying to guess the future with them is as hit or miss as a chinese fortune cookie.

Btw I got one of those that I held on to for years and it's sort of been true.  "You will make some changes before winning".  However I've had dozens that have been spot off the mark.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The I Ching jcldragon 1,873 11 11/27/10 03:15 AM
by jcldragon
* I Ching
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 4,620 20 08/28/06 03:57 PM
by MystikMushroom
* tao te ching an new translation for me, very nice sleepy 1,269 6 08/29/06 01:02 AM
by laughingdog
* what's the difference between spirituality and philosophy? crunchytoast 4,249 13 10/17/05 07:19 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Bizarre Hexagon Spotted on Saturn WONKA 1,965 11 04/01/07 09:52 PM
by cpw1971
* timewave zero software sketchydelux 4,867 10 03/17/07 04:21 PM
by elbisivni
* Does anyone here throw the I Ching?
( 1 2 all )
laserpig 2,893 23 01/16/11 08:25 PM
by Eschalt
* Gog, Magog and the Kingdom of the Khazars - Part I MAIA 2,075 2 07/18/06 10:36 AM
by MAIA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
1,734 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.