Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
'The Incorruptibles' * 1
    #18460688 -

is a book about the non-decay or abnormally slow decay of the bodies of Catholic saints. The main case centers around Bernadette Soubirous who allegedly was visited by the Virgin Mary at Lourdes, France (yes, the famous fountain/well).

Here she is looking very life-like after being dead for 135 years:



Not bad at all, except that her hands and face (basically the only visible portions) have been reconstructed in wax to cover the shriveled, discolored and mildewed flesh - oh the wonders of Almighty God!

"Faith-strengthening"

"Wondrous miracles!"

"Proof of God's greatness!"



Nope. Yet more proof of the religious being unable to use the one real wonder, the human brain. Unsurprisingly, the author failed to mention the 'wax mask'. Deceit to keep the audience happy or piss-poor research? Pathetic either way. BTW this is the best and only clear photo in the book. That pretty much seals the deal.


--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (06/23/13 02:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #18461201 -

Lol, sad.


--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18461213 -

They had those corpses in the vatican.  Many of them were covered/partially covered with masks.  I'm not sure how that speaks to their incorruptibility, but the obviously airtight case was another giveaway that something was amiss.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18461280 -

I was at a mummies exhibit at the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry the other day and there was some hungarian royalty family that turned up under some church perish or what not.  They didn't look all that alive, but I got the impression that they still must have been exceedingly anatomically correct. :lol:



--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #18461319 -

Well, when rigor mortis sets in...

It is beyond silly to cover them up. Obviously influenced by wacky religious thinking.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18461413 -

Silly that a Museum dedicated to science, industry and technology would be so spineless in the face of said influence. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: falcon]
    #18461476 -

I suspect they don't want to deal with angry parents whose children got more of an education on field day than they bargained for.


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #18461531 -

That is what I suspect too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18466483 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Well, when rigor mortis sets in...




:lol:

@OP topic - I had to read about Bernadette Soubirous when I was growing up - catholic school.


--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #18466503 -

I would do her. She looks hot. :naughty:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18466562 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
I would do her. She looks hot. :naughty:



*looked hot


--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: Cyclohexylamine] * 1
    #18466573 -

As one gets older the bar get set lower. :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18473958 -

The main case centers around Bernadette Soubirous who allegedly was visited by the Virgin Mary at Lourdes, France (yes, the famous fountain/well).

Well, since I wasn't there and didn't see it happened, I can conclude that it might as well could have happened. According to the church these things happen to the holy all the time anyway. :courtjester:


--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: dustinthewind13]
    #18473988 -

dustinthewind13 said:
The main case centers around Bernadette Soubirous who allegedly was visited by the Virgin Mary at Lourdes, France (yes, the famous fountain/well).

Well, since I wasn't there and didn't see it happened, I can conclude that it might as well could have happened. According to the church these things happen to the holy all the time anyway. :courtjester:



I was holy and no one ever visited me.. Not even a lowly saint :crankey:
So I turned evil :evil2:


--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #18474008 -



Mua ha ha, ha Ha!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'The Incorruptibles' [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #18474038 -

tymoteusz3 said:
dustinthewind13 said:
The main case centers around Bernadette Soubirous who allegedly was visited by the Virgin Mary at Lourdes, France (yes, the famous fountain/well).

Well, since I wasn't there and didn't see it happened, I can conclude that it might as well could have happened. According to the church these things happen to the holy all the time anyway. :courtjester:



I was holy and no one ever visited me.. Not even a lowly saint :crankey:
So I turned evil :evil2:



I got visited before. It was a sunday I think. A really weird day. I could also fly and teleport myself to another location whenever I wanted on that day. A miracle I tell you.


--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Hypostasis of the Archons(the Gnostic story of Eden) Kalix 1,929 17 07/12/05 09:10 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* A Challenge Buddha 1,149 8 04/18/02 10:53 AM
by Buddha
* Truth is a pathless land
( 1 2 all )
chodamunky 2,309 20 11/22/03 09:55 AM
by FreakQlibrium
* Truth is a pathless land SkorpivoMusterion 781 4 12/28/04 10:29 AM
by Gomp
* The Rapture Irradiated_Feces 788 7 03/03/05 10:01 PM
by Psychoactive1984
* Easter - which is more likely?
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 2,547 41 03/28/05 02:44 PM
by Huehuecoyotl
* How many people here are enlightened
( 1 2 all )
lolwut 1,911 26 01/29/13 06:17 AM
by redgreenvines
* The burden of proof - Who has it?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
DieCommie 2,534 128 10/25/17 10:49 PM
by sudly

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,658 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.