Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Psilicon]
    #18341429 -

Good grow man. I'm impressed with your attention to detail and note keeping.
I don't get a jerky vibe from you... am I missing something???
Its ok to be wrong. Doesn't make you any less of a man from any logical standpoint


Its really unclear to me why you folks are attacking this guy but I don't care for it one bit.


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: PussyFart]
    #18341443 -

Notahacker420 said:
Several years?  :lmafo:

You will run into sensence before then.

You cannot G2G forever bro.



tmethyl is workin on G3G, just a matter of time.


:waitingpatiently:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: twistedty]
    #18341474 -

If you wanna save shit for long periods, get into culturing & master slants. Only transfer from the masters to hold vigor.


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: PussyFart]
    #18341557 -

Notahacker420 said:
Several years?  :lmafo:

You will run into sensence before then.

You cannot G2G forever bro.



Yeah, but you won't run into senescence in every strain at the exact same moment, so senescence would actually help selection.  And when it happens, you can just switch up grains, which would increase selectivity as you'd be adding another factor into selection, and putting off senescence again for a while.  But again I reiterate that this isn't a serious idea, just a fun thought to entertain.


--------------------
Agar - what, why and how?  Everything a beginner needs to know.
Oat Prep Tek
Bored?  Please take one of my experiments off my hands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Psilicon]
    #18341567 -

as far as i know senscene doesn't happen to a strain it happens to the network


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: cronicr]
    #18341581 -

Senselessly running down your cultures  is bad period


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Edited by Oeric McKenna (06/03/13 03:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: twistedty]
    #18342091 -

More posts this morning... :grin:

Oeric McKenna said:
Good grow man. I'm impressed with your attention to detail and note keeping.
I don't get a jerky vibe from you... am I missing something???
Its ok to be wrong. Doesn't make you any less of a man from any logical standpoint


Its really unclear to me why you folks are attacking this guy but I don't care for it one bit.



Someone who sees me eye to eye, ahh how good this feels. Thanks for the positive input bud, love it!
I am very attention to detail oriented, so I know that when I move to agar I can have the ability to be successful. Agar is just seems like extreme attention to detail... and as long as I have interest in the subject I'm happy to sit and spend time being detailed and getting it right.
Agar cultures and master slants are my next venture after the GH.

twistedty said:
Notahacker420 said:
Several years?  :lmafo:

You will run into sensence before then.

You cannot G2G forever bro.



tmethyl is workin on G3G, just a matter of time.


:waitingpatiently:



:hehehe: keep me posted on that one


Thanks for the replies people, keep 'em comin :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Midnight Cyclone]
    #18353498 -

Got some more updates, I snapped a picture of my contaminated tub before I got rid of it completely to show what actually happened to it because I took it outside :frown:

I put it out in the open, under the side of the house to try to optimize conditions for maybe an outdoor salvage but the sub just wasn't having any of it.



Also, it looks like all of my LC's (5 total: 1 amz, 4 pans (hawaiian, thailand, RDU, and jamaica) are coming along nicely. Of course I won't know if they're actually good or not until I try to innoc some jars.

Good luck LCs!!! :syringe::mushroom2::crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Midnight Cyclone]
    #18362628 -

Bump prease

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Midnight Cyclone]
    #18367059 -

Thanks for posting this, gave me a few ideas on how I could modify things. I'm just starting up myself, and your log gives the most information I've ever found on this form. Nobody else has ever explained acronyms like that before!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: absconditus]
    #18430953 -

Thanks..

I took the approach that if an extreme newcomer were to read it, that it could make sense to them. That's the reason I made the acronym part.



Update:

My GH is a dream. I need to rig some FAE on a timer and it will be completely automated.. but I am content for now, or until I get some more cash to make that happen lol.

All of my LC's turned out well, because I now have 5 colonized grain jars (1 AMZ, and 4 pan varieties.) I will be performing G2G on these coming very soon, then birth trays, then mush :grin: ... hopefully!

Problem... still haven't figured out my poo situation. Need to put that high on my todo list.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Midnight Cyclone]
    #18430992 -

You are rocking out buddy!
But I hate to say it but the multispore does give you different genetics in your cultures... This being scientific study right?

Think of it as one mush having a Shit ton of babies, not every baby will be the same.
As for shaking to not shaking, I think that shaking disturbs the network and therefore it has to relocate its nucleus, i.e. burning more nutes. Don't take that as the word of God, just a hypothesis.
To really Getty a definitive answer, use your LC to do this experiment again. Since your liquid culture has a network going already, it all has the same genetics.
Would love to hear any thoughts anyone else has.

Awesome grow again midnight cyclone
Pax

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: blojo02184]
    #18431020 -

blojo02184 said:
Think of it as one mush having a Shit ton of babies, not every baby will be the same.




HAHAHA thanks man! Yeah, I've made sense of that idea now.

blojo02184 said:
To really Getty a definitive answer, use your LC to do this experiment again. Since your liquid culture has a network going already, it all has the same genetics.




I inoculated my LC's with MS, so as I understand, they would have many many genetics just like before. Am I wrong there?

I plan to start agar, possibly very soon, and look to try my hand at an isolation, master jar, etc.

Thanks so much for the kind remarks, they are greatly appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Midnight Cyclone]
    #18431058 -

I may b wrong in saying this, but once an lc starts to grow you will see clumps, each clump is one network.  Now whether these have same genetics is hard to say.  Toss a dried stipe piece in am lc to Getty a ghetto isolation, assuming that you're dried stipe is not contaminated.
People don't think its possible, bit I've read on here by RR that it is.
Keep on keeping on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: blojo02184]
    #18431454 -

blojo02184 said:
I may b wrong in saying this, but once an lc starts to grow you will see clumps, each clump is one network.  Now whether these have same genetics is hard to say.  Toss a dried stipe piece in am lc to Getty a ghetto isolation, assuming that you're dried stipe is not contaminated.
People don't think its possible, bit I've read on here by RR that it is.
Keep on keeping on



those clumps will have diffrent genetics, it's still multi-spore, and you would want a fresh piece of tissue from the base not a dry stipe and i doubt rr would say such a thing he doesn't even use lc's


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: cronicr]
    #18435597 -

Okay, I was waiting for someone else to chime in...

I didn't think all that being said was correct; especially the RR reference.

Thanks for the input cronic :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: Midnight Cyclone]
    #18435697 -

Actually, RR was referring to agar work. You should look into advanced mycology if your doubting me.
RR uses a stipe piece instead of a gill because he does not want spores colonizing with the singular genetic stipe.
And yes, it is totally possible to clone from dried fungi species. There are fungi banks holding onto dried species for long term storage.

Use the search and don't be afraid to read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: blojo02184]
    #18443383 -

blojo02184 said:
Use the search and don't be afraid to read.



:noargument:


Performing G2G tonight on my pans.

If everything goes smooth I could birth trays next weekend.
And hopefully have fruits within 2 weeks.. early-mid July.

So excited for these guys!  :wowz: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: blojo02184]
    #18443444 -

blojo02184 said:
Actually, RR was referring to agar work. You should look into advanced mycology if your doubting me.
RR uses a stipe piece instead of a gill because he does not want spores colonizing with the singular genetic stipe.
And yes, it is totally possible to clone from dried fungi species. There are fungi banks holding onto dried species for long term storage.

Use the search and don't be afraid to read.



:smirk:


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My First Grow Log / First Post with pics [Re: cronicr]
    #18443465 -

cronicr said:
blojo02184 said:
Actually, RR was referring to agar work. You should look into advanced mycology if your doubting me.
RR uses a stipe piece instead of a gill because he does not want spores colonizing with the singular genetic stipe.
And yes, it is totally possible to clone from dried fungi species. There are fungi banks holding onto dried species for long term storage.

Use the search and don't be afraid to read.



:smirk:



no shit eh, i know it's possible but not even close to practicle, thnx for clearing that up


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ~Shrooms4life's Grow log/ grow along/ Kick back thread~
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Shrooms4life 25,572 131 07/07/21 02:29 PM
by pikeshroom
* DB kit Growing log... Proteus 4,069 15 11/12/01 09:50 PM
by Proteus
* Hydro-Pod newbie grow log
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
thedm9 21,992 80 09/26/01 02:14 PM
by CACA
* Re: 2nd time growing cubensis with pics CLuB99 3,854 15 12/10/99 10:47 PM
by Gadget
* Ghetto Grow Tent/w pics NerdKiller 4,361 11 01/15/02 07:59 PM
by NerdKiller
* Re: easiest way to post pics that are in my e-mail? Floydster 835 5 03/31/01 11:31 AM
by Anonymous
* I want your logs! fr0zbnitz 2,663 8 07/18/01 07:31 PM
by BrownPastures
* Are these hyphal knots? *pic*
( 1 2 all )
baraka 7,958 26 03/28/25 07:24 PM
by polishfarmer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
10,922 topic views. 12 members, 162 guests and 295 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
Calendar Event: 05/29/55
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.