Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Colonized compost question
    #18171640 -

I threw an old cake all chopped up into a pot of compost, and it has probably been sitting for a month, today I went to just bury it in the ground and see what was up with it and when I dumped it out a big chunk slid out and it was 60% colonized, white and blue strands everywhere trying to colonize the outer layer, so I threw it in the ground and put light topsoil ontop of it...should I expect any growth?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Colonized compost question [Re: psychotikfuck]
    #18171664 -

Yep, just keep it hydrated,you can pile foliage on top to hold moisture


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Colonized compost question [Re: psychotikfuck]
    #18171667 -

Probably not, sounds like contams to me. Did you pasteurize the compost before adding the cakes? Blue can also be bruising. Regardless, a month should have been enough to get 100% colonization. This is of course, unless you used a huge amount of compost compared to spawn. What was the ratio of cakes to compost?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Colonized compost question [Re: Pensacola]
    #18171685 -

Pensacola said:
Probably not, sounds like contams to me. Did you pasteurize the compost before adding the cakes? Blue can also be bruising. Regardless, a month should have been enough to get 100% colonization. This is of course, unless you used a huge amount of compost compared to spawn. What was the ratio of cakes to compost?



lol, I used a good amount, in a small pot, the size of like  3 cakes, so like  3 cakes worrth of compost to one cake. It was a lot, so a month seems rational to me especially in the cold weather I have had here. It didn't look like a contam, looked like healthy myc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Colonized compost question [Re: psychotikfuck]
    #18246210 -

I hope someone reads this. since it is an old post now but I was just drinkina beer takin a piss outside ya know, the usual, and I look at the circle of dirt where I had been checking for pins since I buried the compost colonizing there, and there was nothing on the dirt, and then I realized there was TONS of caps, just clumps of them surrounding the circle of dirt i covered the compost with, and to be honest, they do not look like the ecuadors i harvested before from the cakes i threw in the compost, the stems are skinny, and the caps are less caramel, still caramel but like faded almost peach. Gills are black.    I have a cap drying out now, I am gonna break it in half and see if it bruises blue.

I mean why would mushrooms grow around the area i buried the compost in. Even if they were common mushrooms, what are the freakin odds they grow around the spot i try to recycle old cakes in.... and if it is my ecuadors why would they grow in clumps like that and skinny, and look totally different than when I grew them inside, and why would they not grow through the dirt but around it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Colonized compost question [Re: psychotikfuck]
    #18246252 -

Obviously they colonized your compost and fruited. It's pretty cool, huh?

Outdoor fruits will always look different than indoor :thumbup:

Enjoy!


--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:


Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Colonized compost question [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18246419 -

FrankHorrigan said:
Obviously they colonized your compost and fruited. It's pretty cool, huh?

Outdoor fruits will always look different than indoor :thumbup:

Enjoy!




yeah.... I am not sure I am going to enjoy them just yet... they just don't look like magic mushrooms to me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spawn, Bluethumbs Compost Questions???? Supershrooomer 1,013 1 02/18/02 12:19 AM
by LeGrouper
* straw/poo, and compost question isabellegoddess 1,873 5 10/15/02 05:03 PM
by CptnMaxMushroom
* compost question JameZTheNewbie 626 2 07/02/02 01:46 AM
by JameZTheNewbie
* Pan / compost question *DELETED* MeetMeInEleusis 788 2 07/14/02 08:38 PM
by Roadkill
* Jars almost colonized, quick question words 1,738 2 05/28/02 06:28 PM
by XAZIA
* Will BRF Cakes Cont. to Colonize HAY?? KaliedoscopEyes 1,149 5 06/24/02 04:40 PM
by KaliedoscopEyes
* Hawkeye and Alient tek questions farmer_maggot 2,775 3 08/14/01 02:50 AM
by Anno
* ready to go kits- QUESTION- help please indkebr 1,735 12 07/13/02 03:20 PM
by godsdumpster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
518 topic views. 9 members, 57 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.