Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Questions on ShroomGod's Humidity Tek
    #1824486 - 08/18/03 12:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I read the tek written by ShroomGod relating to his use of a cool mist humidifier with a few special adaptations to provide ideal circumstances for p cubensis growth. The tek can be found at http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7994 . It states that it keeps the RH in the attached aquarium at above 90% and it provides enough air exchange that mushrooms with higher exchange requirements than cubensis manage to grow. My questions are as follows:

1) Will using this method along with light timers really make the entier process automatic? By this I mean, will this device, made as described, be able to provide the ideal level of humidity AND air exchange with no further interaction from the cultivator?

2) Has anyone out there tried this tek? If so, please tell me what your results of it were, how you did it, what advice you'd have for others attempting it, ec. Thanks!

In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions on ShroomGod's Humidity Tek [Re: lysergic]
    #1825747 - 08/18/03 01:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

1) Yes, after you dial it in. Timers, length of hose etc are used to fine tune the system to your specifics. Rememer though that exactly what is in your terrerium makes a big difference. You can't expect a shroomgod straw tub (one big casing in the bottom) to work just like a terrerium with one or two pie tins in it. Your casings provide a lot of humidity or soak up a lot depending. So, if you aren't consistent in your grows, you will need to dial the thing in every time for it to be OPTIMUM.

2) Yes, great, just like the tek says, put a weight on the hummer to keep humidity from escaping between the upper and lower halves due to the static pressure of the hoses/terrerium and/or seal it up with duck tape.

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

#1897039 - 09/09/03 04:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i advise you to by a digital hydrometer with a high an low with the time, then buy a digital light timer from homedepo. this will allow you to set it for 1min increments, and up to 8 settings a day i believe. set it up evenly spaced apart put your hydrometer in there, let it go a day, you can check the high and lows, and fine dial your setup it, now for fully auto yes it will provide you with good air exhange, but i recomend a small fan be placed aimed at your casing, if theres a lip on it there will be some c02 buildup, a fan will stir nicely, jsut hook up your light fan and humidifier all up on the one timer, youl prolly only need it to go off about 6 times a day for about a min to 2 min, to maintain a 75-90% humidity level. hope this helps, but when fruiting you need to be ontop of your shit, and be checkin like every 4 hours so you dont be dropin spores and gettin over mature fruits. hope this helps
good luck

#1897981 - 09/09/03 01:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My friend has just completed his first flush of B+ using Shroomgod's straw tek and the coolmist tek. He fucked up a bit, and let the straw colonize to long and it started fruiting. He picked off the small fruits, and put about an inch of 60/40 down. The casing layer has not colonized much, but he has picked enough monster fruits off of it to fill up 4 trays in his dehydrator. He will be posting some pics tonight. This was his second attempt, and so far he is happy with the straw/cool mist setup. BTW, he lets the coolmist run for 15 minutes every two hours. He probably need to dial it back to about 5 minutes though, because it gets a bit to humid. Of course the results have been pretty nice thus far.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology