Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
paxil and alcohol
    #18180733 -

Just got put on 10mgs of paxil for some social anxiety. I usually have a couple beers after work everyday and I just now realized that the pill bottle says not to mix with alcohol. I asked the pharmacist if this was okay and he said yes, and I take my pill hours after I have finished drinking, was just wondering if this is dangerous or not? On the weekends I drink a little more.. safe or not safe?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Bovice]
    #18180739 -

don't be a giant vagina.


--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #18180742 -

Hahah, word, I thought I was bein one.

I'll go wash up, my shit stankk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Bovice]
    #18180751 -

10mg is low enough that it's probably okay to drink in moderation, but if you're drinking every day I'd disclose that to your doctor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Cerealbox]
    #18180755 -

I told her I have a few beers everyday after work, she didn't mention anything about the paxil and alcohol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Bovice]
    #18180770 -

Bovice said:
Just got put on 10mgs of paxil for some social anxiety. I usually have a couple beers after work everyday and I just now realized that the pill bottle says not to mix with alcohol. I asked the pharmacist if this was okay and he said yes, and I take my pill hours after I have finished drinking, was just wondering if this is dangerous or not? On the weekends I drink a little more.. safe or not safe?



If it says do not mix with alcohol then you'll get fucked up on this combo. At least that was my experience with anxiety/depression meds and alcohol :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: thatsnice69]
    #18180779 -

Fucked up in a bad way?? Or the good way? Haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Bovice]
    #18180787 -

In a good way. Its funny cause the doctor said I'll get sick but I got drowsy in a :feelsgoodman: kinda way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: thatsnice69]
    #18180800 -

Awwww yeaahh.

Well I've been up all night cause I work nights, I'm gunna crack open a couple goose island IPAs and just chilll.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Bovice]
    #18180983 -

Paxil gave me cognitive impairment. Chemically induced, temporary dementia. Used long enough can cause permanent damage to your short term memory.

Drinking a few beers a day can actually be beneficial to your health. And in my experience paxil has no effect on getting drunk, but I wouldn't do it now that I know how bad paxil can fuck you up.


--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: healing]
    #18181019 -

SSRIs can have different effects on different people. Had a really shitty time on cymbalta with some extreme drugged feeling and very intense (and unpleasant) depersonalization. What's the point of feeling happy if it's not happening to you? But yeah, SSRIs/SNRIs/XPQRs and booze can fuck the shit out of your liver and kidneys while lessening the effects of the antidepressant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: Cerealbox]
    #18181027 -

You can probably get away with having a couple, mind you not everyday but anymore then that will probably just make you feel sick..!!

:2cents:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: MagicMyc]
    #18181265 -

I'd recommend against SSRI's unless you enjoy being chemically castrated.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #18181402 -

10 mg sounds like a low dose, so i wouldnt worry too much of alcohol intoxication(i have no experience with paxil though, but i know its a short half life so tapper down, do not quit cold turkey) ,

although id only go on ssri's if you were really depressed, if your not prone to addiction benzo's work great for anxiety if you dont do them every day and allow for tolerance breaks, but  with benzo's you got to watch how much you take if your drinking though, it could be a deadly combo


--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18182031 -

hidenseek1 said:
10 mg sounds like a low dose, so i wouldnt worry too much of alcohol intoxication(i have no experience with paxil though, but i know its a short half life so tapper down, do not quit cold turkey) ,

although id only go on ssri's if you were really depressed, if your not prone to addiction benzo's work great for anxiety if you dont do them every day and allow for tolerance breaks, but  with benzo's you got to watch how much you take if your drinking though, it could be a deadly combo



The kinds of doctors that prescribe paxil for anxiety do not prescribe benzos very often, if at all.


--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: healing]
    #18182192 -

Low dose benzo's like clonazepem are usually prescribed with SSRI's..!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: MagicMyc]
    #18182203 -

MagicMyc said:
Low dose benzo's like clonazepem are usually prescribed with SSRI's..!!



Psychiatrists avoid addictive or euphoria inducing drugs if at all possible.


--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: healing]
    #18182277 -

Have you ever been to a Doctor? where are your facts? You don't have a clue what you are talking about.! It is pretty common knowledge and all you have to do is a simple google search of prescribing clonazepam with SSRI's

https://www.google.ca/search?q=clonazepam+prscribed+with+ssri%27s%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: MagicMyc]
    #18182645 -

my first in hospital doctor woulndt prescribe me benzo's  my second in hospital doctor did, then my outa hospital doctor followed suit

the trick is just to get one doctor to prescribe them, because doctors gods listen to other gods


--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paxil and alcohol [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18182751 -

dont do it.  a lot of anxiety comes from improper nourishment and lack of sleep.  Get your body off of stimulants and start drinking shit tons of water and eating lots of fruits and vegetables.  Cut down on meat which fills your body with animal adrenaline. 

I am sharing what helped me cut down on my anxiety. 
In my opinion no need for bullshit pharmceuticals

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Drugs for anxiety and ADD moosehead 1,358 9 06/05/05 10:02 AM
by moosehead
* Nervous Tension Anxiety- need doctor advice
( 1 2 all )
Fireside 3,627 22 01/21/13 11:05 PM
by 2Experimental
* Paxil
( 1 2 all )
fearforce7 3,149 31 09/29/04 02:24 PM
by neuro
* Herbal Remedies for Anxiety?
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 7,462 51 11/17/06 03:14 PM
by SneakyFijian420
* Paxil Grav 1,691 15 11/12/02 07:00 PM
by Grav
* Just rambling along with a Paxil and Ecstasy experience. ImperialCactus 2,470 8 07/02/06 02:45 AM
by ImperialCactus
* clonazepam is amazing!!!
( 1 2 all )
Iamthewalrus 4,612 28 07/24/06 07:44 PM
by Iamthewalrus
* MDMA in conjunction with Generalized anxiety/Bi Polar dybran25 1,244 5 09/16/06 08:57 PM
by longtimegone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,329 topic views. 3 members, 10 guests and 143 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.