Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Drugs for anxiety and ADD
    #4258271 - 06/05/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

About three, four years ago I tried out various drugs for ADD and then for anxiety. In the end I decided that I would rather go through life with out Rx drugs. Not a moral decision, I just didn't like the side effects. Right however I'm experience some brutal anxiety and my attention definitely could use a boost.
    The only reason I'm considering taking up a prescription again is because of my new job. I work the to-go orders at a restaurant in town and have a lot of things to do at once. That's why my attention span needs to be sharp. I'm a kid with normal intelligence, but I come off as pretty spacey. Every one thinks I'm a pot head but I don't even smoke.
      As far as anxiety, well, I'm not sure what it stems from. Social issues and fear, but unless I go to a shrink, and I don't care to, Ill just deal with it. Anxiety causes paranoia and conflicting voices, messages can over ride my thought process when I would be better off with a clear head. During those precious moments of "no fear", I can talk to any one with ease.
      Hopefully if you're this far you aren't too bored yet =] Think of fear in terms of      ...well here's an easy example. Shy kid talks to friends, has no problem. Kid talks to a hot chick and stutters or has trouble thinking because he is worried about making a bad impression or something. Well, that's basically me except at times I can talk to gorgeous women with out a problem and at others I have trouble talking to co-workers or even friends if my anxiety is really bad.
    So yeah, I guess that's my case for why I need drugs, or want. Ha.

In the past Ive use Ritalin (not Ritalin, but meth salts/same thing basically) and maybe strattera but shit, I cant even remember. Ritalin helped, but I could not fucking stand getting hungry yet food was unappealing. Also, I felt extremely indifferent to life in general.
    For anxiety Ive tried Paxil and Prozac. Ive also tried Welbutrin but that may have been for ADD and it made me schitzo any ways. Paxil and Prozac helped, in the weakest sense of the word but I got all the joys of the side effects /end sarcasm.

If any one has read this far please feel free to post you opinion on Rx drugs for the issues I wrote about above. Also, if you have any experience with medication for these problems input would be much appreciated.

:laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs for anxiety and ADD [Re: moosehead]
    #4258280 - 06/05/05 12:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Also, I posted this in The Pub instead of Physical health and mental well being or whatever because I don't want a support group. I was going to post this in OTD but I want one or two actual responses.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4259009 - 06/05/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend any tranquilizers. They can temporarily alleviate and depress your central nervous system, but in the end they end up doing more harm than good to you. They will help you, but after awhile you'll become immune to them, feel the withdrawls, then shift to another.

How long did you take Paxil and what were the withdrawls like? I've heard of Paxil being prescribed to people to avoid panic attacks, but one of the withdrawl symptoms is...panic attacks.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4259023 - 06/05/05 07:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Don't take benzo's, they're bad. Check out my last few threads, goobs has some good things to say about them.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4259038 - 06/05/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Have you tried St. Johns Wort?

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Drugs for anxiety and ADD [Re: goobler]
    #4259144 - 06/05/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you know, i've really been wondering about this. in the past 5 years or so, the number of people with "anxiety" has been going up and up and up (esp amongst 20-something-males). same with the number of people taking rX drugs for this problem. i really don't understand this. of course people have anxiety - doesn't everybody? if you're in a new situation with new people, of course you'll feel a bit self-conscious and insecure. isn't that how life is? it takes time for people to 'open' themselves up to new people and new situations - really, it's a defence mechanism of the body. i certainly have felt anxiety - esp. when very stoned at a party with a lot of people i don't know - but i've always found a few beers will cure that just fine.

so what is this 'anxiety' that people are always talking about - is it something more than what i've just described, and if so, why do you think so many people are getting it now (when there is a huge pharmaceutical industry dedicated to making drugs for this problem!)?

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Drugs for anxiety and ADD [Re: Krishna]
    #4259154 - 06/05/05 08:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the governments of the world want to numb everyone...

stress is there to let you evolve, ,learn how to deal with new things etc...

nowadays people are into avoidance...the pharmaceutical companies are all to glad to numb up their potential life long gravy trains

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Drugs for anxiety and ADD [Re: goobler]
    #4259163 - 06/05/05 08:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

but what do these anti-anxiety drugs do? make it easier to interact in social situations (kind of like being on coke and talkative?) or numb you so you just don't care that you aren't interacting?

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4259168 - 06/05/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

most of them level you out so to speak...dull your senses to fight or flight

ask Hella...I don't tough any of that shit I'll deal with the stress...sometimes its really bad but if you don't feel the bad you can never really appreciate the good

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

#4259366 - 06/05/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I can't speak for other people. Any thing to aleviate my anxiety would be appreciated though. I can go through life just dealing with it. It is bad though. If I smoke it gets so bad, even around friends or by my self, that I get stomach cramps from the intense anxiety.

I was on paxil for maybe a month. I really cant recall all that well. I do remember that I had no withdrawl what so ever. My dose was pretty low however.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale