Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: Blake_Shroom]
    #18151267 -

Blake_Shroom said:
Boozie said:
zMan said:
What is your humidity at? Pans don't like humidity as high as regular cubes as well.



I disagree. In my experience, copes seems to thrive in higher humidity, around the 95% RH range. Especially during the pinning/pre-pinning stage. It's very easy for the substrate to dry out otherwise.

And yes, first time expert, keep the temperature up and constant (75-78°).

Check out Blue Helix's stuff too. It's a bit dated, but still very true to form. His posts are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the species.



I'm doing pans now and have studied blue helixs posts, and he recommmends like 99% RH to initiate pinning. Also, I recall him having higher temps:shrug:

Maybe with pans thats not as important as humidity



They're both important, certainly more so than when dealing with your average cube. Cubes can allow a swing of 15-20 degrees in temperature at any given time with little to no serious effects [when fruiting]. Cubes may also fruit with less-than-desirable FAE. Copes (pans) won't usually be so generous. For pinning through fruiting, balancing constant fresh air with consistent temps (75-80F) and RH (95-99%) is the goal. It's a tightrope walk. And the more air exchange you can achieve without sacrificing RH or temperature, the better. After complete substrate colonization, air exchange and moisture evaporation from the substrate's surface will always be your #1 pinning trigger.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: Boozie]
    #18154372 -

Well, a sad up-date. The 2 pins i got aborted, little bastards!! Just my luck the heat in my building went out this weekend and the temp dropped to around 64. So i broke out my space heater and got the temp back up and there is 1 new pin! See if I can keep this 1 alive to print..

I forgot to mention this is from ms, probably some of my failure here??


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning *DELETED* [Re: first time expert]
    #18154521 -

Post deleted by malicom

Reason for deletion: 1



--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

Edited by Sillyputty67 (04/23/13 10:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: Sillyputty67]
    #18154761 -

malicom said:
Try a piece of bubble wrap over your casing layer. This will encourage a full pin set.



:smbfacepalm:

...are you kidding me?

A fake casing layer on top of your real casing layer is not going to be doubly effective, it's going to make things worse.
The 50/50 casing layer is already providing a microclimate.
OP, I had trouble getting my pans to pin and it was because my environment was not ideal.
Throwing bubble wrap on top of everything does not fix poor conditions.
I can't wait for this little fad to finally die so people can focus on the getting perfect fruiting conditions. It's so close I can taste it :crazy2:


--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:


Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18154784 -

Didnt mean to offend. plastic bags have been my friend.

I also have a new FC built. Its somewhat exotic, and will surely be flamed, but I think I nailed the perfect FC.

Ill make a thread, when I have fruit in it.


--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

Edited by Sillyputty67 (04/23/13 11:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18154853 -

Quote:
FrankHorrigan said:

:smbfacepalm:

...are you kidding me?

A fake casing layer on top of your real casing layer is not going to be doubly effective, it's going to make things worse.
The 50/50 casing layer is already providing a microclimate.
OP, I had trouble getting my pans to pin and it was because my environment was not ideal.
Throwing bubble wrap on top of everything does not fix poor conditions.
I can't wait for this little fad to finally die so people can focus on the getting perfect fruiting conditions. It's so close I can taste it :crazy2:




I had the pans growing side by side with some cubes. The cubes had an awesome pin set and over grew my tray. Im not really sure why. I read some where that pans like an rh of around 80 and a temp of 76-78. I have since jacked up the rh to 95 and try to keep the temps around78-80. I still mist and fan as normal but made sure not to mist the pins. Hope this might cure my problem. Im still pretty new at this and have a little troubleshooting problem.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: first time expert]
    #18154881 -

Yeah, I was fruiting in a GH that wasn't dialed in yet.
In a SGFC, not getting fruits could be from poor genetics or bacterial contam. I've also heard TM mention that pans do better in a mini-GH setup as opposed to an SGFC.
I'm pretty new with pans myself so I can't really do more than speculate at this point.


--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:


Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18154937 -

I moved them to a mini mono. Thats what bumpd up the rh. So you say a mini gh because of the fresh air? Is that the difference between a minimono and a mini gh? Have you done any work with isolating pans on agar? I have afew dishes that I didnt really pay attention to. I made them about 3-4 weeks ago and growth has stopped. Are these still able to be transfered?  Would I be better off trying to clone the aborted pins at this point?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: first time expert]
    #18154965 -

I isolated pans pretty easily. I've got about 18 different isolates.
They sector out nice after a few transfers. The myc doesn't get rhizomorphic like cubes do but you'll definitely see the sectoring.

Don't clone an aborted pin, that's just asking for trouble.

You want to clone the first harvested healthy fruits.

Pans are not going to perform well in a mono. The issue is usually FAE with pans. Stick with the SGFC or switch it up to a GH :awesomenod:


--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:


Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18155008 -

Yea I was kinda thinking pans like the fresh air, not stale c02 air. Im going to try and work with the dishes I have and see if I can get a few iso's. Did you get better results with the iso's? Im sure it will be better than ms. Im going to get these "hard-asses" down. I want some huge flushes of the delicate fungi!!


--------------------

Edited by first time expert (04/23/13 11:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: first time expert]
    #18155033 -

I got my green house set up, about to spawn a few trays today to Hpoo/verm. I cant wait till I get some pins and clone some :laugh: As well as eat some. I love that i'll never have to down 5g of dried cubes again. Sometimes that makes my stomach hurt badddd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pan cyan's not pinning [Re: Blake_Shroom]
    #18155064 -

I cant really wait for a real flush of pans!! Im not really even excited about cubes now I've heard so much about the pans and the type of trip they give!! I cant wait for the euphoric visual trip!!! Ive only got that a few times with reg cubes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pan Cyan Yield retread 3,402 6 10/25/04 02:05 PM
by scatmanrav
* Anyone know?? (? arises from failed pan cyan exp) Drummer 1,450 2 11/15/02 04:42 AM
by Drummer
* Pan Cyan problems orizon 1,406 6 09/10/03 04:31 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Temperature variations between strains ? Pan Cyan maxphun 6,917 3 02/19/03 04:34 AM
by maxphun
* Pan Cyan question youngmycologist 574 2 05/31/03 10:55 PM
by jakeholman
* pan. cyans Hamurabi 4,330 14 09/26/04 04:00 PM
by george castanza
* pan cyans mycelium Hamurabi 3,760 6 10/03/04 06:58 AM
by Hamurabi
* Pan Cyan Question nimbus 3,052 11 04/25/04 02:57 PM
by HaveABeer420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,929 topic views. 5 members, 40 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 17 queries.