Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Male plants.
    #1784343 -

I was going for a small grow, three plants, and they all turned out to be male. I identified one early one, and the other two, about 20 days into flowering(I know that's a long time). So my question now is should I bother just letting them finish? Or should I just try to make a little honey oil? Thanks.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I can't just boil down my plant extracts in a regular metal pot on the stove because the bottom would become too hot and spend the THC. Someone tell me I'm wrong though.

Edited by cdchriscd (08/06/03 08:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1784593 -

If your 100 % sure, i would just toss it, not worth getting found with a male :-( just for a little oil, but your call.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: Paid]
    #1784604 -

Okay, thanks. I'm just gonna cut them up now and make some oil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1784610 -

Yeah, good call.
I didnt think of an early crop :-) all my
males become chicken food :-) but i suppose that makes
for relaxed chickens :tongue:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: Paid]
    #1784706 -

Heh. I'm just lucky I found some seeds to start fresh with, I had to did through my last bag of shwag and I found three new seeds (I know all the hype about not using bag seeds, I just don't care). Anyhow, I think I'll bonsi these plants and use the scog (screen of green) tek.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1785285 -

I see no reason why bag seed are not worth it, unless its
that skanky brown mexican weed stuff lol.
And if it were, you would find many more than 3 seed :tongue:
So good luck, i have grown some fine plants from seed found in
deals :-)


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: Paid]
    #1786369 -

Paid said:
I see no reason why bag seed are not worth it, unless its
that skanky brown mexican weed stuff lol.
And if it were, you would find many more than 3 seed :tongue:
So good luck, i have grown some fine plants from seed found in
deals :-) 



The only thing not bothering with is skanky brown Mexican shwag in the first place.


--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #1786577 -

The problem is the good bud I get doesn't have any seeds in it.


--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: Tantalus]
    #1786654 -

actually schwag seeds are just fine.


the reason schwag sucks is because it's grown in bulk
and in mixed fields of male and female. not every plant is
tended to and it's basically just grown in bulk and crappy.

you can, howver, take a seed from a bag of shwag and grow
great weed if you give it tlc.


--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: Paid]
    #1786810 -

So your chickens like the plants? That's a good idea, maybe I will start feeding my chickens any males I come across in the future.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. *DELETED* [Re: Paid]
    #1788206 -

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: poke smot!]
    #1788875 -

so no one would ever smoke any part of a male plant?? I did and i know it wasn't dank buti still got high

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by papaver [Re: showcivic17]
    #1789054 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: AJ420]
    #1789106 -

Yeah man, the chickens love them :-)
In fact they love them tooooo much.
I have to keep a close eye on them
when i let them out on a slug hunt lol.

That is bad luck  that all 3 were male,
but thats all it is, luck :-)

Call me a purist, but i dont like the idear of
using hormonal soaks to create more females, let
nature do its thing, and just hope for some luck is
my way :-)
And clone clone clone :-) once you get a fat sex female :-)

In sayuing that, all my golden hops came out as males :-(
6 plants all male  :rolleyes: so i suppose its back to the seed trays :-)


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: ]
    #1789129 -

cowsnose said:
How did your 3 plants all end up male? Are you doing hydro or organics? I would recommend getting some feminized seeds if you just want a few plants. They pump out so much bud!!!  :loveeyes: 



I grow orgaically, I'll just keep growing bag seeds till I get some females. It's just a fun side project for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by papaver [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1791263 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: ]
    #1791302 -

cowsnose said:
Yeah, its kinda unusual not to have a single female amongst 3 plants. I know that if your using hydro, if 1 plant is male, the other plants in the setup turn male. Its got something to do with root contact between 2 or more plants. Had to learn this the hard way  :rolleyes: 



No shit, I didn't know that. I replant all of my plants several times and probably chnaged pots. Damn it. now does that mean the seeds I just planted (in the same pots will be male? That would suck, means I have to by more dirt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: ]
    #1791965 -

I've had both male and female grow up in the same pot, with obvious root contact between them. I just cut down the male, and the female grew and flowered beautifully.


--------------------

Edited by AJ420 (08/08/03 11:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: AJ420]
    #1792170 -

Thanks, good to know I might get females.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Male plants. [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1792215 -

Yeah, that root contact thing is untrue im afraid, must be another urban myth, when i grow for seed, i have one male amung many females, and all stick to there genes.....

Temp and lack of nutrients will create more males, as if conditions are not right males will grow.
as they need less to survive than females.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Male or Female? CherryBomM 8,398 13 03/19/06 07:32 PM
by CherryBom
* How do plants go wild T0aD 1,800 13 10/01/02 01:12 AM
by lowrider
* The age old Male and Female (Cannabis). chrispc 1,117 8 09/02/04 08:38 AM
by spudamore
* Papaver Somniferum in the garden
( 1 2 all )
zaros 4,294 33 03/02/18 12:27 PM
by zaros
* small pot plant rommstein2001 2,590 10 10/11/01 02:42 PM
by downforpot
* Just planted Cuttings. have questions (sun and water) reincarnated 656 6 03/02/18 07:49 PM
by ferrel_human
* baby plant pic GGreatOne234 2,586 15 06/03/02 10:55 PM
by Krash X
* Stumbled over alot of plants
( 1 2 3 all )
Triptastical77 5,488 50 08/24/04 12:41 AM
by hyper_dermic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
3,335 topic views. 0 members, 18 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.