Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Kickstarter
    #17795967 -

Does anyone have any experience with this thing? Me and a friend are planing one.

Has anyone here used it to source capital before?


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17796010 -

I've made donations before. Sadly I don't believe the company really took off.
It was for a Lucid dream inducing eye mask.
I heard of a few successful companies gaining capital off kick starter and many scams
Like the Kony2012 video.
I'd say a quality presentation will follow up with positive results and gaining that money you need.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17796159 -

Kickstarter is like Communism. Cool in theory, but imperfect when applied to reality.

There is a lot of innovation on kickstarter, but mostly, it's people trying to get rich.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: Synthe]
    #17796216 -

Synthe said:
Kickstarter is like Communism. Cool in theory, but imperfect when applied to reality.

There is a lot of innovation on kickstarter, but mostly, it's people trying to get rich.



I tried a to get backing on a few products when kickstarter first came out. I was never able to reach my funding goal.

I believe it works for a lot of people. Just my 2 cents.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: Synthe]
    #17796230 -

Im trying to source capital to purchase jewelry fabrication tools. Silver smithing and casting as well as a complete stone working shop.

We are planning on a goal of 25,000.

15 for the lapidary tools, 5 for the silver-smiting tools and 5 to buy starting materials.

Im still working out everything we would need.

Im working on a nice array of finished stones to show what i know now. My setup is just not enough to do this for real.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17796249 -

sui said:
Im trying to source capital to purchase jewelry fabrication tools. Silver smithing and casting as well as a complete stone working shop.

We are planning on a goal of 25,000.

15 for the lapidary tools, 5 for the silver-smiting tools and 5 to buy starting materials.

Im still working out everything we would need.

Im working on a nice array of finished stones to show what i know now. My setup is just not enough to do this for real.



I believe if you have a solid business plan as you stated above, kickstarter could be very beneficial to you. Good luck.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: kr0nik0]
    #17796473 -

I wish i had a good camera to post pics of these stones ive been working on. I just did a Jade heart for my girl, plus a malachite stone, a lapis, a jade pendant, a few idocrase stones, a crysicola, and a tigers eye.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17796859 -

You need to be careful as the SEC hasn't totally figured out the rules of the road for this and it would be fairly easy to run afoul of state or federal securities laws.  GET LEGAL ADVICE from an attorney who is well-versed in securities law.  Don't take a chance on becoming the posterboy for some bullshit SEC witch hunt.  They do them all the time and they always win and the loser always goes to jail.

You heard it here first, son.


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17796917 -

I've had a few friends who've had their bands' albums recording/production/mastering footed from kickstarter.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: mpd]
    #17796992 -

mpd said:
You need to be careful as the SEC hasn't totally figured out the rules of the road for this and it would be fairly easy to run afoul of state or federal securities laws.  GET LEGAL ADVICE from an attorney who is well-versed in securities law.  Don't take a chance on becoming the posterboy for some bullshit SEC witch hunt.  They do them all the time and they always win and the loser always goes to jail.

You heard it here first, son.



can you elaborate more on what you mean?


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17797063 -

The SEC has jurisdiction over these websites and how they go about raising money.  The rules have not been made clear (as of yet) so you need to have all of your marketing materials and responses to prospective investors vetted by an attorney who is an expert in securities law just to be on the safe side.  Might cost you a couple of G's now, but could save you from some serious criminal legal problems down the road.


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: mpd]
    #17797216 -

Ok, i will talk to someone.

Right now, im offering:

for a $20+ pledge- gemstone earrings
for a $50+ pledge- gemstone ring
for a $100+ pledge- sterling silver pendant with your choice of stone. engraved with, Thank You!
for a $500+ pledge- a set of jewelry. Earrings, Pendant bracelet and ring, your choice of stone.
for a $1000+ pledge- Custom, you design it, I make it


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17797293 -

sui said:
Ok, i will talk to someone.

Right now, im offering:

for a $20+ pledge- gemstone earrings
for a $50+ pledge- gemstone ring
for a $100+ pledge- sterling silver pendant with your choice of stone. engraved with, Thank You!
for a $500+ pledge- a set of jewelry. Earrings, Pendant bracelet and ring, your choice of stone.
for a $1000+ pledge- Custom, you design it, I make it



Would you mind linking to your kickstarter page?

I'll be more than happy to support you.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17797317 -

sui said:
Ok, i will talk to someone.

Right now, im offering:

for a $20+ pledge- gemstone earrings
for a $50+ pledge- gemstone ring
for a $100+ pledge- sterling silver pendant with your choice of stone. engraved with, Thank You!
for a $500+ pledge- a set of jewelry. Earrings, Pendant bracelet and ring, your choice of stone.
for a $1000+ pledge- Custom, you design it, I make it



These are some awesome incentives to donate, dude. If I had the cash I'd totally be inspired to do so. I think with these incentives you'll have no trouble reaching your goal as long as you can get your kickstarter page advertised. It might be wise to make a facebook page for your future company and promote it that way. :yesnod:


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: kr0nik0] * 1
    #17797346 -

Its not live yet. I still need to record a good video, edit, and photograph all the precious material I have to work with.

I think thats the k3y. Emphasizing that i have all this awesome stuff but not the tools to do it justice. 150grams of Mexican Amber that I sourced while there for the solstice, A huge set of faceted stones to set into jewelry. A an array of facet quality aquamarine, a couple color change iolite crystals, a tiny tourmaline, a raw star ruby, a large peridot from pakistan(this i dont think id cut though.) some nice crysoprase, and a bunch of Jade!

I need to express that all this stuff needs to be made into the finest jewelry possible, and i need the tools!


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17797394 -

Id be able to make my gemstone picks easy too. Id cut a block to size so I could take thin slices off of the end, shape it then pop it into a tumbler to polish.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kickstarter [Re: sui]
    #17798771 -

My girl has a nice piece of petrified wood we are going to cut up and make earrings and pendants with. We are going to carve yggdrasil into and pair with amber and silver.

I also have 21 beautiful rough aquamarine gems average weight is about 10cts. Most are pretty clean too. They should cut beautiful pieces. Rex Thank You.(Guy that gave them to me on the first day i moved to my town.)

The Iolite I am excited about. This is a cool stone, depending on how it is oriented it will be purple or clear. Or in another stone lavendar and yellow.

I finally got together a dremel and drill press station but they didnt include the vise attachement. Now I need to get that and I can start drilling all the Ocean Jade from Big Sur.

I also need to get a much thinner blade for my trim saw before I start working the Amber from San Cristobal.

I got into rocks in August of last year!


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Exile Nation Project: full film available & info on screenings and kickstarter
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
yogabunnyM 28,727 196 09/08/11 03:31 PM
by yogabunny
* Cut Gemstones
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
sui 5,807 81 12/27/12 09:29 PM
by sui
* Gemstones
( 1 2 3 4 all )
sui 5,629 64 08/29/12 03:37 AM
by Chairman Meow
* . z_x_x_z 2,045 15 07/09/14 08:51 AM
by The Ecstatic
* Gemstones and the energies they carry.
( 1 2 all )
Demonic_Chronic 2,167 29 11/26/13 05:05 AM
by the mad machinest
* FREE GIVEAWAY! glass pendant
( 1 2 all )
theRealrollforeverS 894 37 01/25/17 05:38 PM
by theRealrollforever
* LSD Blotter Multi-Dimensional Hyperglyph Necklace Pendant
( 1 2 all )
dwpineal 2,915 29 12/01/14 05:07 AM
by dwpineal
* Check out the new Shroomery Pendants I made :)
( 1 2 all )
dwpineal 3,222 20 10/14/10 12:31 PM
by Newbie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,824 topic views. 1 members, 16 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.