Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Buried vs. 127 Hours
    #17738277 -

I watched both of these movies recently and they were both fantastic! Since they were both following a similar plot or theme, I wondered which situation I'd rather be in if I was forced to. Then I thought I'd ask the shroomery!



Summaries for those who haven't seen it:

Buried - A man is trapped in a coffin buried under a couple feet of sand in the middle of the desert. He has a few items including a cell phone, a pocketknife, 2 green glow sticks, a shitty flashlight, a zippo lighter and a pencil. He has 2 - 3 hours before the coffin collapses under the weight of the sand.

127 Hours - A man goes hiking in the canyon lands in Utah. As he descending a small drop through a crack in the canyon, a rock slips and follows him on his way down and traps his arm between the large rock and the side of the canyon wall. He has a few items including climbing ropes and equipment, a flashlight, 350ml of water, two burrito's, a pocketknife with a dull knife and a sharper smaller knife, a walkman and headphones, a video camera and a picture camera.




There is 1 catch to the vote. the situation has the be the same as what they went through. Who knows if you'd do better or worse than them, but the situation has to be the same. That means you can't have any extra items with you, extra advantages, etc.


So what would you choose?
Buried or 127 Hours?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 02/03/13 12:52 PM until the end of time


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut]
    #17738295 -

Clostrophobia is really fucking serious for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut]
    #17738301 -

If you liked buried chek out brake with Stephen Dorff I like the story a little better. This set up for the movie is, a guy is in a plexiglas box in the trunk of a car that is driving down the road. A few things happen to him while he's in there and someone want information from him.


--------------------
Yes I watch a lot of movies.

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along and take a hit from the bong.

I've heard money doesn't buy happiness, well it sure pays the sadness debt!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Boomin907]
    #17738307 -

Im not sure I could decide between those two choices, they both suck so bad!


--------------------
Yes I watch a lot of movies.

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along and take a hit from the bong.

I've heard money doesn't buy happiness, well it sure pays the sadness debt!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Boomin907]
    #17738319 -

Definitely Buried. I found 127 hours to feel like it's title.. Was just boring to me. I tried not to be too harsh, since it's based on a true story and all and wasn't written to be exciting. But it is what it is.

Buried wasn't a great movie by a long shot, though. But it at least kept my attention.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Shroomslip]
    #17738395 -

joshisstoned said:
Clostrophobia is really fucking serious for me.




That's why I'm leaning towards 127 Hours, but I probably wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm not a very healthy person and with that little amount of food and water, I wouldn't last as long as he did. Plus I probably wouldn't be able to fully go through with cutting my own arm off, it would hurt so much.

I have a problem with claustrophobia too but I only freak out once I'm trapped. If I take a few minutes to relax and calm down I can handle it pretty well, but with the added pressure of the situation it would be a lot worse. I think the worst thing about buried is he didn't have enough time. The guy from 127 Hours had days to think of ways to get out, the guy from Buried was rushed.



Shroomslip said:
Definitely Buried. I found 127 hours to feel like it's title.. Was just boring to me. I tried not to be too harsh, since it's based on a true story and all and wasn't written to be exciting. But it is what it is.

Buried wasn't a great movie by a long shot, though. But it at least kept my attention.




Don't think about your opinion of the movie, that's not what the poll is about. Think about it as if it wasn't a movie and it was YOU in the situation. Only use the movies and their experiences in the situations as references to how you would deal with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut] * 1
    #17738402 -

No STAL invalid poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Connoisseur]
    #17738419 -

Buried was a fucking terrible movie. But you have to give the producers credit; that movie was probably pure profit seeing as how they just had to pay a guy to sit in a box and talk for an hour or so with a phone call here and there :lol:


--------------------
Hajnal ['hɒjnɒl] - An elegant mixture of blood and circuitry; sorrow and love fill your systems, like the stars and black holes encompass the ∞.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Hajnal]
    #17738427 -

Yea, I would feel more comfortable using this poll if their was a STAL. :smirk:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Nitrous Monkey]
    #17738450 -

It says it's too late to change the poll :confused:

I don't even know what STAL means anyways :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut]
    #17738469 -

GOD DAMMIT WHY DOES EVERYONE NOT KNOW HOW TO USE GOOGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut]
    #17738486 -

Oh well in that case, still probably buried..

I'm pretty sure I'd rather die than amputate a part of my body myself, but who really knows until they're in that situation.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Connoisseur]
    #17738492 -

Connoisseur said:
GOD DAMMIT WHY DOES EVERYONE NOT KNOW HOW TO USE GOOGLE



I checked google, it doesn't show up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut]
    #17738497 -



--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Shroomslip]
    #17738500 -

Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Connoisseur]
    #17738515 -

I'd probably just pick 127 hours, cut my arm off, and get a sweet prosthetic.
Fuck being buried alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut]
    #17738527 -

lonelypsychonaut said:
Connoisseur said:
GOD DAMMIT WHY DOES EVERYONE NOT KNOW HOW TO USE GOOGLE



I checked google, it doesn't show up.



It was first result when I looked under "what does stal stand for"


Ya most people don't do a simple google search. Instead they ask in forum and wait for an answer I never understand that:shrug:


--------------------
Yes I watch a lot of movies.

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along and take a hit from the bong.

I've heard money doesn't buy happiness, well it sure pays the sadness debt!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: Connoisseur]
    #17738669 -

Connoisseur said:
No STAL invalid poll



this.

I voted and I haven't seen either movie :evil:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: NWlight]
    #17738985 -

NWlight said:
Connoisseur said:
No STAL invalid poll



this.

I voted and I haven't seen either movie :evil:




What'd you vote for?  :smug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Buried vs. 127 Hours [Re: lonelypsychonaut]
    #17739017 -

buried

it looked cool but that was before i read the description. 

now i'd vote for the 2nd one, because I just remembered that I have actually seen that movie and it's incredibly cool.

i read the book too


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* how many hours in a day do you spend...
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 2,134 29 05/18/05 07:50 AM
by Sterile
* So I helped bury someone alive today
( 1 2 3 all )
WildCardsRevenge 4,094 57 10/28/05 04:57 PM
by VoidOfsPg
* I had to bury a friend this morning
( 1 2 all )
Adom 2,035 23 02/05/05 11:13 PM
by buckwheat
* If you were buried alive
( 1 2 all )
Ravus 2,321 24 05/26/05 06:39 AM
by Brugman
* Whatd you get for V day?
( 1 2 all )
ShroomeroUno 943 21 02/15/05 11:50 PM
by Liz
* Being fit v.s. the bike
( 1 2 all )
Gillette 2,842 21 08/05/05 12:32 AM
by PuZuZu
* What is yor fav. thing on t.v.?
( 1 2 all )
blissedout 2,998 30 01/31/05 05:15 PM
by cybrbeast
* - Highly Infectious Atypical Pneumonia -
( 1 2 all )
geokillsA 4,729 32 06/08/03 01:46 AM
by geokills

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,068 topic views. 3 members, 230 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 20 queries.