Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Hyper-sexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17589162 -

Certainly, some insecure girls are too shy to sleep around, but there are plenty that try to make themselves feel wanted and better by collecting lovers.  Keep in mind the original topic was not "is there something wrong with women who have a good sex drive?" but "Hypersexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance," which is certainly the case because it is a symptom of many mood and personality disorders in the DSM-IV and some people even suggest making it a disorder in and of itself:

Table 1 Proposed diagnostic criteria for Hypersexual Disorder
A. Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent and intense sexual
fantasies, sexual urges, or sexual behaviors in association with 3 or
more of the following 5 criteria:
A1. Time consumed by sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors repetitively
interferes with other important (non-sexual) goals, activities and
obligations.
A2. Repetitively engaging in sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors in
response to dysphoric mood states (e.g., anxiety, depression,
boredom, irritability).
A3. Repetitively engaging in sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors in
response to stressful life events.
A4. Repetitive but unsuccessful efforts to control or significantly
reduce these sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors.
A5. Repetitively engaging in sexual behaviors while disregarding the
risk for physical or emotional harm to self or others.
B. There is clinically significant personal distress or impairment in
social, occupational or other important areas of functioning
associated with the frequency and intensity of these sexual fantasies,
urges or behaviors.
C. These sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors are not due to the direct
physiological effect of an exogenous substance (e.g., a drug of abuse
or a medication)


--------------------
RZJ's Tea Tek
RZJ's Tradelist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hyper-sexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance [Re: RiparianZoneJunky]
    #17589197 -

Yay, I can blame the drugs. :awedance:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hyper-sexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance [Re: RiparianZoneJunky]
    #17589324 -

Thanks for posting the DSM entry and clarifying.

This is an inquiry about neuroses, not horny women.

We too easily forget how sexuality is inextricably tangled with our personalities, early childhood experiences, self-image, and "assumed cultural morality." Physical sexual arousal, then, can be highly psychosomatic (expressing mental phenomena through the body) and channel all the subtle energies in your mind-body that are mostly subconscious.

Psychedelics (surprise!) are great at uncovering this. Here's an entry from Grof's LSD Psychotherapy:




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hyper-sexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance [Re: Keru]
    #17591051 -

I am bipolar and if I am not on my meds I become insatiably hyper sexual which interferes with my interpersonal relationships and ability to think clearly and make good decisions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hyper-sexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance [Re: ForgottenExistence]
    #17592900 -

The girl that I'm with right now thinks about sex more often than I do.  :lol:  Totally not complaining though, and although I can't say for sure she was abused when she was young I do know that her dad was really shitty to her and absent a lot of the time when she was growing up.

Sadly, most of the women I know who are hypersexual tend to be that way because they lack the ability to form meaningful long-term emotional relationships with others, not because they're living a healthy ideal of "free" love.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hyper-sexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance [Re: deCypher]
    #17595249 -

Interesting topic.  I think it really depends on whether you are defining hyper-sexual as an "unhealthy" i.e. detrimental to personal relationships, etc.  level of sex drive.  I've got a pretty high sex drive, but I wouldn't call it hyper-sexual either.  I enjoy sex, and by some people's definition I'm probably a little promiscuous, but I have healthy relationships.  Now, I know plenty of ladies that use sex as a self esteem boost, to forget about problems, because of daddy issues, etc. etc.  and I think in those cases, yes, their over sexuality might be indicative of some underlying mental issue.


--------------------
"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
My Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hyper-sexuality in women as indicative of mental disturbance [Re: Keru]
    #17604937 -

Thanks for posting that tidbit, I'm downloading the ebook and giving it a thorough read to hopefully help myself gain some clarity on this.


--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How many sexual partners have you had?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Jokeshopbeard 7,582 138 10/09/18 07:46 AM
by Jokeshopbeard
* I've been seriously limiting my porn use for a month and this is what I found: Month two update pg 2
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 5,179 61 03/27/18 02:07 PM
by durian_2008
* In An Abusive Relationship, Need To Leave... WeAreMushroom 1,419 19 04/04/18 05:20 PM
by Mr.GuessWork

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Shroomism, automan, yogabunny, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,341 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.