Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

whats a good strain for a noobie?
    #1757583 - 07/28/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

as posted in the mushroom cultivation forum (evidently they dont like these kinda posts there, i cant see how, seein as there is a million just like it in the other pages)

ok first off, to the mods, if you ever move one of my post, please, please atleast send me a PM telling me where you put it, i spent 30 mins looking for my other one.

now, on to my question.

ive got 3 strains in mind, all from ralphsters spores, since ive heard good things from them.

the 3 strains ive got in mind are:
golden teacher
blue meanies
and there B+ strain.

if someone could tell me what strain would be best for a noobie/first time grower using the pf tek (one with the brown rice and vermiculite) and tell me from experiance the potency of these strains, because who knows, i might take there 4 for 40$ deal and get 4 of em. pls reply, and mods, please dont move because this has everything to do about cultivation, and doesnt deserve to be in the sponsors forum, since that forum takes sometimes over 2 hours to see a reply/post one.

if someone could also please give me more info on the B+ and the blue meanies, and information on how reliable ralphsters is, please do.

--------------------
yes, we all may die sooner or later, but one things for DAMNED sure, THE FUCKING LAWN GNOMES ARE COMIN DOWN WITH US MAN!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: spooky_D]
    #1757653 - 07/28/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I can't help you with the strains... but you can view your posts  HERE...  :smile: 

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: Annom]
    #1757684 - 07/28/03 09:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

any cube strain. They are all pretty much the same.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: baraka]
    #1757841 - 07/28/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i guess what im really asking, wich is kinda hard to put in words, considering this forum is the strictest ive been on (hey, ive been on yahooka for 2 years). im wanting a large yeilder and high contam resis. because im new to growing, this would be my first grow, and never tripped before, because you cant get shrooms in this part of the US, im sure in the fall you could MAYBE find some in cow shit, but for one, thats kinda nasty, and 2, im not gonna risk it. but since it gets 104 degrees here regularly, they dont just grow wild (god i wish they did :P)

--------------------
yes, we all may die sooner or later, but one things for DAMNED sure, THE FUCKING LAWN GNOMES ARE COMIN DOWN WITH US MAN!!!!!

Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

#1759142 - 07/29/03 08:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

bump

--------------------

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
    #1759274 - 07/29/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

golden teachers !

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1759403 - 07/29/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

B+ is ofetn referred to as a good strain for beginners.

Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1759747 - 07/29/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ok, im gonna order a B+ syringe from ralphsters. havent ordered spores either, so is ralphster a trustworthy company? and how fast are they? im thinking of preparing stuff beforehand before i order, like mixing id say 4ish jars of substrate, and sterilising them and leaving them in the cool pressure cooker till the spores arrive. and since im only doing 4, just because i have limited space, how long will the spores last in the syrynge (funny word)? or do i need to refrigerate them or what. you guys are helpfull, keep it comin so my noobie brain can absorb all the magnificant power of the shroom wisdom :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
    #1759926 - 07/29/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

pretty sure that the syringes will last a pretty long time, and don't need to be refrigerated, just don't leave em out in the heat.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #1762986 - 07/30/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

From what I've heard, Ralphster's a good, reliable, and fast source.  And I'm getting a syringe from a contest he was running, so I'm definitely happy with 'im at the moment.  :wink:

Syringes last a long time, and even longer if you fridge 'em.  6 months to a year.

You can pre-make the jars -- just tape the holes when you PC 'em.  I'd also suggest using a tyvek tek, but then, I always push the tyvek tek in any and all cases -- it's just so damned easy and gets great results.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: Sev]
    #1763080 - 07/30/03 02:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

tyvek tek? post a link man, if its just as easy as the PF tek, then hell yea

--------------------

Offlinemilddub
Future MushroomGod

#1766332 - 07/31/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I ordered the GT syringes from Ralphsters and am awaiting the results of my irst grow.

-Wayne

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1767554 - 07/31/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Do a search.  It's a modification of the PF tek -- or any other tek that uses jars.  :smile: 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1768131 - 08/01/03 01:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

penis envy shrooms, from my experience, are fuckin craziness! very powerful trips from that stuff

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: whats a good strain for a noobie? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1769528 - 08/01/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cool...my kitten was going to purchase some spores of those.  :smile: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract