Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #17543122 -

Little stringed instruments can be cheap, if you can find a good quality one.  Of course, harmonicas.  percussion toys.....


Also, bone flutes and sex organs are free.  :smirk:


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17543129 -

I was gonna say cigar box guitar. (or wash tub bass)

You can get a jaw-harp in most music stores for less than $10, or make your own



Always can get assorted bottles with different levels of liquid and blow on them.

Edited by moonrockmushy (01/13/13 04:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #17543135 -

sadsappysucker said:
Prisoner#1 said:
sadsappysucker said:
cez said:
Ocarina is a cheap yet cool instrument.


...The Hero of Time used the ocarina for a variety of things on his quest to save the world from evil.



I have 2 ocarinas and they are pretty neat/fun instruments. I haven't been about to save the world from evil yet though.




just because you've not seen the fruits of your labors doesnt mean you did not succeed



The final level is battling you and then I can finally bang the princess.




just realize that while you're doing all that fighting, I'm tearing that
shit up... maybe when you're done and see that the princess is a
crack whore now you'll decide against winning this game


maybe I'll just walk away and let you have her because she damned sure aint what she used to be


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17543146 -

Dammit, Pris, now wtf am I going to do with these damn ocarinas? :crankey:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #17543322 -

Melodica. hell yes. I love mine, but I really need to play with it more. Tambourine too, they cant be too expensive, can they?

Then, depending on your software, get a 50 dollar little MIDI keyboard, and download some nice free synths. Piano One is a MAGNIFICENT free Piano instrument that sounds really delicious.

Electric and Acoustic guitars can be purchased for 100$. I still play my hundred dollar Acoustic from like 8 years ago, it's the only acoustic I have actually, aside from my acoustic bass.

Maybe look into a Kaossilator for a little drum machine looper, and to add some sonic effects.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17543406 -

Melodicas are awesome.
You can make an entire electronic symphony for free if you download the right software.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #17544020 -

Quote:
You'll have a lot of fun with the Melodica.




spot on!. i got mine for like $30 with a semi-hard case and its a hoerner, they make great harmonicas for cheap. saw it at summer camp music festival for the first time years back and bought one the moment i got home

a xylophone would be sweet but they are damn expensive. i think a marimba is more up my alley because its wood/more organic sounding. musiciansfriend's catalogue had a multicolored xylophone for kids that was made out of plastic. cant seem to find it online cause i dont know the exact name but i just saw it in the percussion section at guitar center.

you can always make a tank drum too, look on youtube and have your mind blown, its kinda like Polynesian bells. everybody should check this out not just the OP, this thing is beyond DOPE!

a ukulele is always a good call cause they are soo cheap.


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: tealeaf]
    #17544033 -

i have a thumb piano as well, i have all the instruments you want minus the xylophone, waaaaay too expensive for my pocket book.

just a heads up, mine is acousti and they sell ones that can be plugged in with a 1/4 jack so you could plug into an amp. i wish i would have bought that one because its acoustic so you can play it anywhere but it can also be plugged in to an amp, MAJOR bonus. that means you can add effects, loop it, freak out you neighbors with some enlightening keys!


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: tealeaf]
    #17544224 -

This thread is inspiring me to take a picture of all my weird little acoustic/portable instrument.

I really wanna make an album entirely on the Melodica, Harp, Acoustic guitar/bass, Kaossilator, and then samples of weird shit I find around. 'Found Sounds' if you will haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: tealeaf]
    #17544389 -

tealeaf said:
Quote:
You'll have a lot of fun with the Melodica.




spot on!. i got mine for like $30 with a semi-hard case and its a hoerner, they make great harmonicas for cheap. saw it at summer camp music festival for the first time years back and bought one the moment i got home

a xylophone would be sweet but they are damn expensive.



Yeah, i realized that soon after I posted about it.
Never would have guessed they cost so much... one day I'll get one though :datass:
Just ordered myself a didgeridoo & melodica in the mean time, looking forward to their arival at the end of the week :discodance:
I was justttttt about to order a different didgeridoo earlier but after looking through some reviews it seems that they were constantly arriving cracked so I got a different one & I have my fingers crossed it wont crack too easily.
I decided I wouldn't get one made out of bamboo for this reason but I think it still looks pretty nice & can't wait for it :grin:


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17544406 -

Azure Essence said:
This thread is inspiring me to take a picture of all my weird little acoustic/portable instrument.

I really wanna make an album entirely on the Melodica, Harp, Acoustic guitar/bass, Kaossilator, and then samples of weird shit I find around. 'Found Sounds' if you will haha



1) Do it
2) Do it
3)


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Edited by Shroomopotamus (01/13/13 09:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17544452 -

go to musiciansfriend.com

buy a cheap instrument

get addicted

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: plektheplek]
    #17545373 -

dude the stupid deal of the day has been NUTS recently. they have been selling $250 akai pedals for $35. NUTS!!!!!! love that site and dealing with their crew on the phone is a breeze

musiciansfriend.com for all those that dont know!


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: tealeaf]
    #17545380 -

fyi for a tank drum, dont be stupid, make sure you get a purged tank i.e. ALL the gas has been professionally released, unless you know how.

there is a bad ass tek on youtube of how to make one, i suggest all of you check it out and make your own, playing one of these turns you into buddha entering nirvana, transcending into samsara


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17545415 -

i saw a chick in thailand play the flute with her anus once, fully melody and shit as well. it was a bit off key obviously but still impressive


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17545427 -

^ now thats creativity at its finest. find something youre good at, think of a way to do it no one else can, enter paradise though the anus on a g-spot note


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: tealeaf]
    #17545480 -

The tank drum sounds bad ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Sundrop]
    #17545482 -

i make my jaw crack intentionally with a steady beat. probably not healhty

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* planning on buying didgeridoo
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 1,997 29 09/20/05 05:22 PM
by In(di)go
* Who here plays musical instruments?
( 1 2 3 all )
RRhoads 7,640 58 11/16/04 10:52 PM
by pantsboy
* Didgeridoo - help me please... some questions
( 1 2 all )
andrewss 1,819 24 08/28/08 06:21 PM
by Mr. Cordoza
* Didgeridoo's and Music Fungushungry 1,022 11 11/27/04 04:49 PM
by DreaMaTrix
* My new didgeridoo Mr Wobblehead 1,797 10 01/07/03 06:17 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* Good harmonica riffs? cApTaInCrAp 1,154 14 11/03/09 08:48 PM
by dxharms
* Multi chamber ocarina Psy Baba 921 12 10/04/07 01:17 AM
by Nasrudin
* go make a didgeridoo!
( 1 2 all )
andrewss 3,498 26 05/27/09 03:45 PM
by Kada

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,850 topic views. 5 members, 3 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.