Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make?
    #17540797 -

I have an electric guitar and just recently got a computer and just began to record earlier.
Now I want to increase my instrument arsenal.
I think I will either order a didgeridoo or a thumb piano or maybe both.
What other instruments could I get for a fairly cheap price?
The didgeridoo is only $30 & the thumb pianos I am looking at are about $15.
I want a gong but I have no good ways of hanging one right now.
I want chimes but I feel I could make those easily and save some cash... maybe not but I assume I could.
Don't kids make rain sticks or whatever they are called in art or music classes? I think I could probably make a cheap one of them easily.
And maracas can't be too hard to make either... can they?
Anyone have any other ideas?


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 1
    #17540807 -

Cigar Box Guitar:stoned:



--------------------
[quote]sVs said:
Adorable overload is imminent.[/quote]

[quote]YSHServant  said:
You are on my turf when you are in the pub.[/quote]

[quote]ButteredToast said:
Shroomery 2012- Thread goes from discussing a possibly deceased member to posting nudes of her.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: xanderofpella]
    #17540814 -

What's that radio wave frequency modifier instrument thing called?
It's all spooky n shit, kna-dime-sayun?
You don't touch it, you just move your hands around it er something
BeefheartisBetter said:
Cigar Box Guitar:stoned:





I saw those on craiglist earlier actually, I lol'd
Are you the guy making and selling em on craigslist? :shocked:

edit:
added a cowbell to the shopping list


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Edited by Shroomopotamus (01/13/13 03:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17540946 -

A theremin is what I believe you are referring to :tongue:


Also... drums... the most environmental instrument :awesome:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: twighead]
    #17540955 -

Ocarina is a cheap yet cool instrument.


...The Hero of Time used the ocarina for a variety of things on his quest to save the world from evil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: cez]
    #17540964 -

cez said:
Ocarina is a cheap yet cool instrument.


...The Hero of Time used the ocarina for a variety of things on his quest to save the world from evil.



this, and yeah didgeridoos are also quite amazing


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17541172 -

Didgeridoo, many people make them out of PVC and there are instructions alll over online-you can virtually choose whatever key you want.

Thumb piano

Rainstick

Clapstick


--------------------
:sunny:B r e a t h e in Peace B r e a t h e out Love:sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 1
    #17541297 -

Cheapest instrument ever...


But if you really want to lash out and blow the budget...
The lagerphone



:tongue:


--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17541298 -

Melodicas are pretty cheap and sound good. They use them a lot in dub music, it's a similar idea to a piano accordion except you blow into it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Intrepid-Traveler]
    #17541309 -

hands down a melodica. its a harmonica transformed into a piano. you power the harmonica with a hose and play the notes on the piano keys. and they are pretty cheap too. i take it everywhere!

also percussion shakers are cheap and add organic sound. ukuleles are pretty cheap and sound decent, obviously the pricier the better. I bought a wooden flute for $.99 a few years ago that works awesome.

here's some of the stuff that I do. was mostly all instrumental lounge jams but all my friends wanted lyrics so I changed my site up for a bit. enjoy and to OP good luck with the melodies!:radman:

http://www.soundcloud.com/matty_dread


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: tealeaf]
    #17541462 -

also a GREAT investment is a keyboard/piano. cascio and yamaha i think are two pretty cheap brands (under $100). benefit of one of these is that they have many preset for hundreds of different instruments and sounds. everything i did on those tracks on my page were all done using a keyboard, guitar, and some percussion instruments. when you're broke you just gotta get creative with what you have


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: cez]
    #17541650 -

cez said:
Ocarina is a cheap yet cool instrument.


...The Hero of Time used the ocarina for a variety of things on his quest to save the world from evil.



I have 2 ocarinas and they are pretty neat/fun instruments. I haven't been about to save the world from evil yet though.

I also want to get a harmonica and a ukelele. I have a guitar and a keyboard already but they were given to me and aren't the cheapest instruments.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17541680 -

I've made quite a few flutes before. They're relatively easy to make and sound great when playing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: HumanBeing]
    #17541708 -

If you have any local Fair-Trade stores, like 10,000 Villages or something, they tend to carry a WIDE-array of acoustic instruments, and CHEAP

as well as Didji's, Thumb-Piano's and Rain Sticks... some as tall as you!


--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: GrimTroll]
    #17541861 -

Take a kleenex box, duct tape a ruler to one end, span a few elastics across the ruler to the other side of the box and you have a guitar mothafucka.

I made good use of elementary school as you can see.


--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #17541884 -

-recorder
-tambourine
-Drums (Bongos are pretty cheap)
-didgeridoos are :awesome: I own a 6 foot one.
-harmonica
-melodica (my favorite)
-mbira
-pennywhistle (my 2nd favorite)


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #17543020 -

sadsappysucker said:
cez said:
Ocarina is a cheap yet cool instrument.


...The Hero of Time used the ocarina for a variety of things on his quest to save the world from evil.



I have 2 ocarinas and they are pretty neat/fun instruments. I haven't been about to save the world from evil yet though.




just because you've not seen the fruits of your labors doesnt mean you did not succeed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: kr0nik0]
    #17543029 -

I decided that for now I am going to order a didgeridoo & melodica instead of didgeridoo & thumb piano (I think)
In the near future, I want to buy a
Theremin, ocarina, thumb piano, harmonica, tambourine, penny whistle & bongos... & somehow we all forgot the xylophone, but I want to get one of those too.
But for now, I'm just using up an amazon.com gift card I got for Christmas that another thread reminded me about last night.
Thanks for all the suggestions :discodance:
-:heart:,
Shroomopotamus


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17543081 -

:highfive1:
You'll have a lot of fun with the Melodica.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some instruments I can get cheap or easily make? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17543118 -

Prisoner#1 said:
sadsappysucker said:
cez said:
Ocarina is a cheap yet cool instrument.


...The Hero of Time used the ocarina for a variety of things on his quest to save the world from evil.



I have 2 ocarinas and they are pretty neat/fun instruments. I haven't been about to save the world from evil yet though.




just because you've not seen the fruits of your labors doesnt mean you did not succeed



The final level is battling you and then I can finally bang the princess.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* planning on buying didgeridoo
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 1,997 29 09/20/05 05:22 PM
by In(di)go
* Who here plays musical instruments?
( 1 2 3 all )
RRhoads 7,640 58 11/16/04 10:52 PM
by pantsboy
* Didgeridoo - help me please... some questions
( 1 2 all )
andrewss 1,819 24 08/28/08 06:21 PM
by Mr. Cordoza
* Didgeridoo's and Music Fungushungry 1,022 11 11/27/04 04:49 PM
by DreaMaTrix
* My new didgeridoo Mr Wobblehead 1,797 10 01/07/03 06:17 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* Good harmonica riffs? cApTaInCrAp 1,154 14 11/03/09 08:48 PM
by dxharms
* Multi chamber ocarina Psy Baba 921 12 10/04/07 01:17 AM
by Nasrudin
* go make a didgeridoo!
( 1 2 all )
andrewss 3,498 26 05/27/09 03:45 PM
by Kada

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,850 topic views. 4 members, 3 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.