Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Non active find, no ID yet..
    #1753207 -





I found these yesterday while walking in the woods with my partner. Found at the base of a birch tree. It was about 5 inches high. the cap 2 inches in diameter. White gills, seemed to be attached, normal, not crowded or anything. The stipe is white to ,(pinkish) , the bulb at the bottom was the consistency of a dry sponge. If you can tell by the picture, the cap was slightly striated and the edges seemed to be pulling back a bit, I think it was from age. Sorry no spore print left it in the field. Found alone and in the state of Rhode Island. I looked at and around alot of birch trees and this is the only specimen I found. I would have given this an ID, but it is not listed in my book and I found no info on the web.


--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Non active find, no ID yet.. [Re: nofind_um]
    #1753384 -

Hmm... I think that's definitely an Amanita of some sort, although I can't say which species. Probably poisonous, though.


--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Non-Active ID request ChiefThunderbong 6,711 10 10/11/03 06:43 PM
by orizon
* non-active ID, help please Wiener 1,416 10 11/26/03 10:57 AM
by ToxicMan
* Non active id rosewoodpete 1,636 7 08/12/02 07:32 PM
by GGreatOne234
* non-active id please ! (pics) MESCALATO 1,336 7 03/17/03 03:13 PM
by MESCALATO
* ink cap active qwert4456 8,904 18 10/29/02 05:57 AM
by zeronio
* Post deleted by Administrator OldSpice 1,201 9 11/09/03 10:49 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* NON-Active ID Help. OuchITripped 716 3 07/07/04 07:08 PM
by ToxicMan
* Non-active ID please pics BlueBruiser 599 2 10/20/04 01:39 AM
by BlueBruiser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
920 topic views. 1 members, 72 guests and 38 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.