Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon Salvia, Scales   eBay Lighters

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTattooedSoul
First Salvia Impressions...
    #1752653 - 07/27/03 11:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Some background and physiology.
I am 40 something and a human of the large variety, 6'1" and around 270lbs. I have experience with almost every drug known to man and I was a daily MJ smoker for many years but quit some three years ago when my work started randomly testing it's employees.

Now I have become interested in alternatives and decided to try Salvia. I picked up some leaf and 5x from a reputable online source.
My co-pilot and I decided to set up shop in my smoking area and I purchased a new pipe for the occasion so as not to taint the experience with his resin soaked items.

We decided to start with straight leaf first and save the 5x for later. We began by loading one bowl and my co-pilot went first. He smoked the entire bowl and we waited, and waited, and waited.
Nothing!

So we decided that I would go. I loaded a bowl and lit it. The smoke was not unpleasant and it had a medicinal flavor that was quite alluring. I finished the bowl, which burned quickly and completely, and we waited, and waited, and waited.
Nothing!

At this point we were beginning to get very discouraged and were wondering if this was another urban legend or something. Not to be known as quitters, we decided to try another approach. We rolled two FAT cigs and lit one immediately. Wow, you better smoke fast, The burned very quickly but next thing ya know both were gone and we waited, and waited, and waited.
Nothing!

At this point we are some 30 minutes into a fairly intense session of smoking salvia and absolutely no effects, none, nadda, zippo, zilch!
BUT, again, afflicted with the quitters phobia, we broke out the 5x.
Now we were trading bowls back and forth talking and smoking with reckless abandon. The 5x is much richer flavored and more "mediciney" than the leaf. Befor ewe knew it we had polished off the entire gram.

At this point I began to feel some effects, and so did my co-pilot.
Hard to describe and not very MJ like (we did not expect it to be) but the feelings had alot of what we look for in MJ. Very mild but yet spacially pronounced. The effects came on quickly after the gram of 5x was gone. Mostly a head buzz, but lght. Giggly and jockular, with a small ammount of balance distortion. We enjoyed these light effects for some 30 minutes and then both started comming down. The effects dimished into a very MJ like afterbuzz with a little tightness in the chest (undoubtedly from the mass of material smoked) and a pleasant relaxed feeling that encorraged thought and not sleep!

Allthough, we did experience a nice buzz, Salvia did not provide us with the any real LSD, Mesc, or MDMA like halucinatory effects. I for one was craving such experiences and was desperately looking for insight and understanding that so often comes with good halucinegens.
I no longer smoke MJ and do not wish to replace it with anything, but I am seeking the natural guidance that good halucinogens give. I suppose I will have to stay with good shrooms and the occasional cidney trip.

The experience did convince me that this plant will be a permanent addition to my Ethenotools but all in all I was quite dissapointed in it's overall performance. I will also be cultivating the herb, but simply because I have a passion for boatany and biology.

I probably will not try it again do to the fact that I just don't care to smoke that much material for such small results, infact I do not care to smoke that much material at all, very unhealthy!

UNLESS that is someone here can me what I was doing wrong!

Given a chance to grade these results against past experiences on a scale of 100 points I would give salvia a "5".
And let me state clearly,
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MJ LIKE EFFECTS, GO BUY AN OUNCE OF GOOD WEED YOU WON"T FIND IT IN SALVIA! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR LSD LIKE EFFECTS GO BUY SOME BLOTTER.

Salvia is definitely unique unto itself!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: First Salvia Impressions... [Re: TattooedSoul]
    #1752697 - 07/27/03 11:42 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry to say this and no offence intended, but you have been very ignorant. If you did your research you would know that Salvia isn't a MJ replacement and that it is one of the most powerful entheogens, if used right.
My guess is that you smoked it wrong, which happens a lot with Salvia newbs. If you follow these steps and still don't get effects, you have crappy Salvia or you are a hardhead.
Get a good lighter (torch lighters seem to work best) and a waterbong. Load 0,1g of your "5X" in the bowl. Now hold the lighter right above the Salvia and suck the flame into the bowl (or point the torch lighter into the bowl). The lighter must stay on while you toke. Inhale the smoke and hold for 30 seconds, if you don't feel anything -> repeat.
If the Salvia in your bowl isn't white after toking you can take another toke.
You have to smoke the desired Salvia within two minutes if you want effects, smoking it like a cig won't work.
A dark environment also helps, dim the lights. One candle is enough.

Also look around on sagewisdom.org. That site has a lot of info and also sells high quality Salvia.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineTattooedSoul
Re: First Salvia Impressions... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1752726 - 07/27/03 12:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Cyberbeast,
Thanks for your kind words.
I am glad that your reading skills enabled you to pick out the many references to the fact that we were not looking for an MJ substitute.
So often people just rush through a reading and only pick out what they want to hear, I am glad you are NOT one of those people.

Thanks for the tips as well and I will employ them the next time I try this herb.
Peace
TS

Edited by TattooedSoul (07/27/03 12:01 PM)

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1752913 - 07/27/03 02:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I did read your whole post. Ok you weren't exactly looking for an MJ substitute. It's just that there are so many people lately who try to use Salvia and don't get effects, because they used it wrong or didn't do research.
Anyway, good luck with your next Salvia encounter and have fun. And if you break through, be prepared for something unpreparable  :grin:
It can get pretty intense. 

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: First Salvia Impressions... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1753015 - 07/27/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've read that using a water pipe and a torch lighter aren't really necessary if you're using 5x or 10x extracts, but is for the leaf instead. I don't know whether this is true, as I haven't tried them side by side yet, but can anyone verify this one way or the other?

Anyway, cybrbeast is dead on. You and your friend should keep trying, as salvia can defintely be intense and worthwhile. Salvia is funny, in that a person can smoke an entire gram of 5x and not feel anything, and then smoke a 10th of a gram a be blown away. I turned into a spiral from a dose about that low.

Another thing you might want to try, is once you start REALLY feeling it (and you'll know when that is), just lay back, close your eyes, and get lost in the experince. Just let things happen and don't try to fight anything.

I also bought my own new piece just for salvia, and I like using it that way. The bowl is way too small for smoking anything else, but it's perfect for some salvia extract.  :smirk:

You might not want to light a candle if you don't have a sitter. An open flame could tip over after stumbling around on salvia.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: First Salvia Impressions... [Re: Twirling]
    #1753019 - 07/27/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1760220 - 07/29/03 06:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TattooedSoul said:
At this point I began to feel some effects, and so did my co-pilot. 

Man....im never flyin again! :crazy:
Ha, just kidding...

Salvia actually has a reverse tolerance effect.  I didn't feel the 10x extract i smoked until the fourth time!
You also need to torch it, as the active is released at a higher than normal temperature. 
I bet if you smoked that amount again, you'd feel it much more than the first time.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: First Salvia Impressions... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1760255 - 07/29/03 06:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Salvia can send me into a dimension different than and other hallucinogen, and I have infinite respect for it.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: First Salvia Impressions... [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1760944 - 07/29/03 10:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

the salvia that one grows is the most powerful...
leaves are enough if you grow yours...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop for:   Amazon Salvia, Scales   eBay Lighters

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden