Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? * 1
    #17520947 -

I'm not asking if Christianity "cannibalized" other religions by "borrowing" from them. I'm asking if Christianity is literally the modern-day descendant of a man-eating cult. I'm not just talking about the eucharist, I'm talking about the entire religion. Christians claim to follow Jesus, yet the public presence of Christianity is guaranteed only by the explicit and ritualized abrogation of Jesus's teaching (public prayer, swearing oaths on the Bible, there are many other examples). Christians fetishize the gruesome murder of their savior, beholding it with joy and adoration. Jesus died for your sins, so you don't have to. The religion wouldn't exist without the Passion. He was a human sacrifice. I begin to wonder if a "good Christian" isn't somebody who would personally kill Jesus every day if they had to.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #17520962 -

I've always wondered the same thing since I was a kid."Partake upon mine blood and flesh." creepy much? even if it is a reference to a non-cannibalistic sacrament.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Dani California] * 1
    #17520974 -

I can see the eucharist being a "you had to be there at the time" sort of deal, but I just can't get past the human sacrifice thing. When I was a kid, I was just grossed-out by their apparent obsession with blood and pain.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #17520976 -

Same dude.I remember when Passion of the Christ came out my church was OBSESSED with the shit.Talking about how beautiful it is he suffered for us and etc. I grew up with very hippie parents and that shit fucked my head up for a good bit as a teenager,shit was pretty damn gorey and out there for a "christian" movie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #17520981 -

language itself is like religion. you can see how bits and pieces all started from an area and spread..

discovery channel covers allot of this ;P  get stoned and watch some real shit lol


--------------------
"Your mama's grow was so contaminated, the shroomery got trich." :headbanger:
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Dani California] * 1
    #17520992 -

,,,LOL . This is the real meaning of the 'eating the godman'. The Christians ripped this motif off from paganism, and what is originally meant is the eating of the sacred vegetation--beit a mushroom, plant etc. Though with the mushroom there was much more mystery surrounding it, and its shape was reminiscent of a phallus and hence 'god-plant'.

ALSO ancients didn't have microscopic technology and therebefore didn't know about mushroom spores, and believed that they magically appeared after theuinderstorms.

So do you see now? The eating of the sacred god plant was the real meaning about 'eat me'. Because eating it would open the eyes of the eater and make them feel themselves god-like.

But of course when this understanding is hidden and the myth becomes literalized, it is easy for people to think they meant eating an actual human saviour.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: zzripz] * 1
    #17520998 -

zzripz said:
,,,LOL . This is the real meaning of the 'eating the godman'. The Christians ripped this motif off from paganism, and what is originally meant is the eating of the sacred vegetation--beit a mushroom, plant etc. Though with the mushroom there was much more mystery surrounding it, and its shape was reminiscent of a phallus and hence 'god-plant'.

ALSO ancients didn't have microscopic technology and therefore didn't know about mushroom spores, and believed then that mushrooms magically appeared after thunderstorms.

So do you see now? The eating of the sacred god plant was the real meaning about 'eat me'. Because eating it would open the eyes of the eater and make them feel themselves god-like.

But of course when this understanding is hidden and the myth becomes literalized, it is easy for people to think they meant eating an actual human mythical saviour.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: zzripz] * 1
    #17521000 -

oooops I quoted in stead of edited.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Dani California] * 1
    #17521003 -

Dani California said:
Same dude.I remember when Passion of the Christ came out my church was OBSESSED with the shit.Talking about how beautiful it is he suffered for us and etc. I grew up with very hippie parents and that shit fucked my head up for a good bit as a teenager,shit was pretty damn gorey and out there for a "christian" movie.



My first encounter with Christians was when some door-to-door folks gave me the scare-down about the blood of Christ when I was four. These guys truly enjoy thinking and talking about blood being spilled. My parents are not really hippies but they did raise me agnostic and they didn't take too kindly to the whole blood thing. :lol:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #17521024 -

I hate Christians like that,I had a gf once who was a baptist as a kid and she asked them why they would want to drink the blood of Christ and they told her to be saved.She told them blood was icky,they yelled at her for 30 minutes about how she has to drink the blood of Christ to be saved and be one with Jesus and feast apon the flesh of Christ,then told her she was going to burn in hell for asking such heretic questions. xD note they where telling this to an 8 year old,that's extremely Christian if you ask me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Dani California] * 1
    #17521028 -

Dani California said:
I hate Christians like that,I had a gf once who was a baptist as a kid and she asked them why they would want to drink the blood of Christ and they told her to be saved.She told them blood was icky,they yelled at her for 30 minutes about how she has to drink the blood of Christ to be saved and be one with Jesus and feast apon the flesh of Christ,then told her she was going to burn in hell for asking such heretic questions. xD note they where telling this to an 8 year old,that's extremely Christian if you ask me.



Honestly, this kind of stuff just confuses the shit out of me.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Dani California] * 1
    #17521035 -

The reality that one could be 'infused' with a certain energy or be living a certain energy signature...  Say ECSTASY OR EUPHORIA...  Then the ritual of eating and drinking blood... It works if you pretend you are imbibing the God-man and his consciousness.  Like institutionalized vampirism.  You take on a quality of energy.  And, it dwells within you and is alive.

Also, I suggest that he is in fact a literal sacrament, Jesus, found in nature.  A fungus.  The man is the embodiment of the quality produced by ingestion of 'himself' which he found in the Sacred Fungus.  I am.  That.  Thou art that.  He would like to feed it to you so that you too can experience LIFE.  Apparently.  Awakening.  Realization.



Pretend that you are eating your boss or anyone and you will see that you can take on other's quality of energy.  Not to say this is what was going on.  But it could have been part of it.  Just using the imagination in a certain state of mind.

If you eat psychedelics then nibble on people with your imagination you can feed on other's quality of energy.  So if you mix the two together and reverse the idea of transubstantiation...  IMO, they were feeding off of a source (the sun/son) that had a source (the fungus, perhaps Kundalini) that was eaten then it was okay to eat the messenger too because he wouldn't run out.  And he was sharing.  Inhabiting people with his consciousness.  Followers.

'Fish people need energy.'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: FishOilTheKid] * 1
    #17521043 -

I read about Christianity being linked to Amanita Muscaria consumption.That's why the Christ figure is always shown in red and white clothing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #17521047 -

Same here.Alot of churches belive you  can't even come to their church unless you've been to a sacrament and been Baptist ed I think that's kinda stupid in my opinion.Seems rather cultish,I'm almost 100% the Mormons and the Jehovah's witnesses developed out of some underground cult.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Dani California] * 1
    #17521051 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: FishOilTheKid] * 1
    #17521150 -

I really like this thread. OP is spot on.


--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Tmethyl] * 1
    #17521822 -

I think I got this from a Terence lecture, about some scholar working on the Dead Sea Scrolls translation, who concluded that basically early Christians were growing and partaking of some serious mushrooms in those caves, and to mislead the Romans (and others) and keep the secret, they made up this cover story about your nice neighborhood carpenter hippie.

Basically most of it was code talk for what in reality was mushrooms-based rituals and ceremonies, that they wanted to keep a secret, only for initiated members.

It's the theory that makes most sense to me at least, and also explains why it delivers so little to the modern believer.
Only the placebo is left, nothing of the original sacrament, the real :mushroom2:body of Christ:mushroom2:


--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.



For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #17521842 -

I don't think cannibalistic is the right term for what you're describing. The fetishizing of Jesus' crucifixion seems more like a sadistic behavior than a cannibalistic one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Tmethyl] * 1
    #17521880 -

the TITLE of this thread is ironical also, because I think that Christianity is by nature cannibalistic in that it has gone into other peoples lands and eaten their old traditions up and replaced them with their shit.

I think it is important to point out major difference between the esoteric myth (although only for the intiated of the early christians --and maybe even still existing now) of the Christian myth of eating the sacred god plant, and the earlier and far more ancient Goddess meaning about it.

For the Christians the phallic-looking mushroom represented their idea of a phallic creator god in the sky, and it was hios semen/spittle who brought about the mushrooms magically. So eating them would make the eater feel at one with this patriarchal concept of god who is APART from 'his creation', nature. How many times do you hear christians tell pagans off because they 'worship creation and not the creator'? This admonition exposes their dualistic division netween 'God' and 'nature'.

HOWEVER with Goddess mythology, nature is the body of the Goddess, hence even if it were not known how the mushrooms came to be they were understood to be her gifts, just as all vegetation, water, etc etc. In this mythical context nature is sacrred, not 'fallen'. Hence the eater of these magical plants were 'Celebrants'. because they were ecstatically celebrating sacred nature which included sexuality and all forms of sensuality which the Christians, who carried on the patriarchal suppression of this mythology and religious ritual, demonized calling sexual and sensual pleasure sin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is Christianity a cannibalistic religion? [Re: Kilgore Trout] * 1
    #17521920 -

Cannibal Concubine said:
I don't think cannibalistic is the right term for what you're describing. The fetishizing of Jesus' crucifixion seems more like a sadistic behavior than a cannibalistic one.



I agree, how this religion has gained such worldwide acceptance I will never comprehend.

I recently allowed my 5yr old daughter to attend a Christian church, it was a request by her grandmother. Its intriguing to hear her thoughts on the experience, even a 5yr old can slice through the curtain of bullshit.
One if they best things she told me that made me laugh was: "they gave me a cookie and said to eat it because it is the body of god,  but it was actually just a cookie so I ate it"
Belief in Christianity seems to be trained into children, they don't choose it.


Side note;
Zzripz actually reminds me of T.McKenna.. can you write a book or give some lectures? I want to hear more.
Your vocabulary is poetic and concise all at once.


--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So, I guess I'm Christian now...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Silversoul 20,152 131 01/02/10 11:10 PM
by andrewss
* Anonymous Christianity shroomydan 1,233 2 04/13/06 07:03 PM
by fivepointer
* how many real christians are there?
( 1 2 3 all )
secretmachine 7,300 59 03/02/20 03:08 AM
by Amanita86
* Christianity/Catholicism and the like, what's the deal? ToqomS 2,918 14 04/22/06 08:34 AM
by psyillyazul
* Christianity based off of Egyptian Mythology? kaniz 2,226 15 06/05/06 10:16 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Religion
( 1 2 all )
robbyberto 4,706 25 01/08/07 11:38 PM
by wilshire
* The Next Christianity spud 5,880 16 01/30/06 03:54 PM
by Gliders
* Help with Christ and Friends
( 1 2 all )
sleepy 6,013 37 11/19/17 04:53 PM
by IamAlot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
6,077 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.