Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
just ate 5 grams and
    #1750131 - 07/26/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

this last gram I have looks lonely.... what the hell - another gram can't hurt at this point.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetwistedweather
ka-blammo

Re: just ate 5 grams and [Re: jimsuzo]
    #1750185 - 07/26/03 03:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

enjoy the dancing lima beans hiding in the corner

--------------------

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1750186 - 07/26/03 03:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you'll find out soon enough :devil:

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1750672 - 07/26/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well? How was it?

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offlinesmoke6969
stoned

Loc: USA
    #1750787 - 07/26/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i hope your having/ had fun!  :mushroom2: 

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Re: just ate 5 grams and [Re: Meph]
    #1751535 - 07/26/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm back. Believe it or not it was actually a bit dissapointing. I don't know what's up with the shrooms i'm growing, but this is the 3rd or so attempt in a row (spread over a three month period) where I'm just not getting much off of these (this is the reason i went for such a high dose this time). My wife ate 4 grams and didn't get very much out of it either - not to say that we didn;t have fun, but shit - i ate 6 grams of shrooms and kinda expected to converse with god if ya know what i mean. Needless to say, I'm pretty confused and a bit bummed about the situation. Dunno what the problem could be - here's a list of possibilities - i'd appreciate it if anyone can give me their insights.

1) Is it a preservation issue? I've got no true dessicating system, so I'm drying them by blowing a fan across them. It usually takes awhile to get 'em right before I put them in the freezer. Sometimes they'll sit out for a couple weeks. They still don't get cracker dry, but i know that I'm eating bunch of shrooms - i figure its a dozen or more 'average' size cubies. I also know that I've tripped real hard off of far fewer in the past.

2) could it somehow be that the spores i used are shit? - they were Golden Teachers, but maybe a year or so old. They weren't the most vigorous in terms of colonization speed, that's for sure.

3) have i (we) just become immune to cubies? (note: there's no problem with copes). This seems a bit illogical sice i bet I've only done shrooms 15 - 20 times in my entire life, my wife the same number. I (we)have in the past had really hard trips on cubies, so i don't think we're naturally immune to the species or anything weird like that.

that's all i can think of at the moment. I'd much appreciate any ideas about why these shrooms don't make me trip.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

#1751550 - 07/26/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Whens the last time you tripped?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: just ate 5 grams and [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1751563 - 07/26/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Personally I think it might be the drying method you are using. If they are more then a year old and weren't cracker dry when you stored them, it sounds like that might be the culprit.

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

#1751588 - 07/26/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i tripped on acid about two weeks ago. Last time i did shrooms was well over two months ago.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #1751598 - 07/26/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Id suspect drying method. Go to home depot and get some damp rid and make yourself a dessication station for 5 bucks.

Also try and take a month break. GT mushrooms are just as potent as any other cube.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Re: just ate 5 grams and [Re: MOTH]
    #1751599 - 07/26/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for your input. To clarify - the shrooms themselves were only about 3 months old - it was the spores that i initially used to grow them that were a year old. In this case, do you still tink it's the drying method?

Regardless - next time i'm eating 'em fresh. It's time to employ the experimental method

--------------------

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Re: just ate 5 grams and [Re: baraka]
    #1751611 - 07/26/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I wish i could go to the home depot. I live in a third world country. There is no home depot. There is no wal-mart. Do you know an online supplier that will perhaps send damp-rid sent to me mail order?

--------------------

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

#1751628 - 07/26/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well, shrooms loose potency over time no matter how well you store them. The spores shouldnt have been the problem, if it colonized then it should have been fine. If you tripped on acid 2 weeks ago, that may be the problem. You don't get the same 'phycodelic' highs if you do shrooms every other week or so, you usually need to wait a little longer. Im hypothesizing that the acid may have lowered your high sustantially.

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

#1751695 - 07/26/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

your theory about the acid-related resisitance is generally valid, BUT this is a recurring problem with the shrooms I've grown with or without doing acid in the previous weeks (or even months). In fact, the acid i recently did a was the first time in at least 6 months. As far as the shroooms go, I've only tried to trip on them three times in the last six months or so (the last time being last night), and I've not been successful in ANY of these efforts. Be assured that I'm not some guy that tries to trip every other day or even every other week (not even every month). I take my tripping pretty seriously and realize the importance of allowing you body to cleanse itself between trips. Yeah - this time i followed an acid trip in a realtively short timeframe, but it was an exception and doesn't account for the other unsuccessful efforts I've made.

--------------------

OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
    #1752168 - 07/27/03 12:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Is it a preservation issue? I've got no true dessicating system, so I'm drying them by blowing a fan across them. It usually takes awhile to get 'em right before I put them in the freezer.

Do you freeze all your shrooms? I'm dredging up an ancient memory of some long ago post on alt.drugs.mushrooms, but I seem to recall somebody saying that freezing can break down psilocybin just as easily as intense heat.

Go ask the pros in the Cultivation forum. They know this shite inside out.

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Re: just ate 5 grams and [Re: Discordja]
    #1752256 - 07/27/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Go ask the pros in the Cultivation forum.

done. I think you're right about the freezing. I won't be doing that to subsequent batches.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale