Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: hyphalover]
    #17461767 -

hyphalover said:
Where I live we never ever got any fucking snow and we just got a foot, out of nowhere. The weight of the snow's toppled over so many trees that half the roads are closed; I'm back home from college and my dad won't let me borrow his car in the snow because he needs it for work and mines way to shitty to take out in the snow. Only plus is I've actually started posting on this site and I get to smoke weed and do nothing all day. But there's a girl wanting D that I can't get to and its making me very nut-hurt.
:superscream:



Same here man.

A foot of snow fell during the night.

There was an inch or two when i went to sleep, and there was like a foot and a half when I woke up.

I love winter, its beautiful


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: Patlal]
    #17462213 -

The fuck do you do when you are sliding?  I've found steering the car in the opposite direction works sometimes.  I always fear I'm gonna slide out into an intersection and get owned.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: KT-BC]
    #17462237 -

KT-BC said:
i guess you're probably in the states. americans are little girl when it comes to snowy roads.



Except in the areas where it snows a lot I would guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: All We Perceive] * 1
    #17462239 -

All We Perceive said:
The fuck do you do when you are sliding?  I've found steering the car in the opposite direction works sometimes.  I always fear I'm gonna slide out into an intersection and get owned.



You put it in on neutral and you pump the break very slowly and let go, and repeat until your stopped.

Push the break and release them every second or so.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: Patlal]
    #17462861 -

Yeah, I have noticed that is effective.  How come ABS doesn't work for this though?  Isn't that the point of ABS?  What's with putting it in neutral?  Is that a manual tip?


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17462989 -

All We Perceive said:
Yeah, I have noticed that is effective.  How come ABS doesn't work for this though?  Isn't that the point of ABS?  What's with putting it in neutral?  Is that a manual tip?



ABS sucks in snow. Its actually working against you.

Putting in in neutral guarantees that the motor is cut off from the wheels, so you can only slow down from there.

First tip for winter driving is to practice shifting in neutral and putting your 4 ways on in half a second.

Anytime you start having the feeling that you're gonna drift or lose control of your car, shift to neutral. Even if you do it 100 times for nothing, its the way to go. (both for manual or automatic transmission)


--------------------

Edited by Patlal (12/28/12 07:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: Patlal]
    #17463127 -

go gets some chains for your tires and you will be good to go wherever!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: Patlal]
    #17463145 -

I miss snow so much in fact im moving up north.  I cant wait to get into a Biathlon club  :justcantwait:


Assuming I'm not labeled a terrorist for being a white male and enjoying the sport :obama:


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: trekie]
    #17463208 -


That is what being snowed in looks like. That was a about 32", the total ended up being 42" but the power was out and I couldn't recharge camera. Snowpocalypse 2010.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: berdinwall]
    #17463230 -

berdinwall said:
consumesomeshrooms said:
i feel like ur being a little bitch. just drive slow and your car will be fine



u ever driven in the snow man?

it's not hard to lose control going down a hill...and theres nothing you can do once your brakes are locked and your sliding




snow is only hard to drive in if your stupid and don't understand basic physics.


--------------------
:willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: broken]
    #17463395 -

closed veil said:
berdinwall said:
consumesomeshrooms said:
i feel like ur being a little bitch. just drive slow and your car will be fine



u ever driven in the snow man?

it's not hard to lose control going down a hill...and theres nothing you can do once your brakes are locked and your sliding




snow is only hard to drive in if your stupid and don't understand basic physics.



That is bullshit. At some point, unplowed snow becomes an impenetrable barrier. Your average car isn't going to be able to drive through more than 6 inches.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: koods]
    #17463428 -

The best part of driving in snow in a place that rarely gets any, is that "apocalyptic, everyone else is dead" feel. Like when we got 18" in NC, the entire city shut the fuck down. It was amazing, once the weather channel predicted "some precipitation", the supermarkets were fucking STRIPPED. I shit you not. There was damn near nothing in them after people got done with them. And driving around was awesome, because all the traffic lights are just blinking, no lanes to speak of, and like maybe 15 people all driving around. It was seriously apocalyptic, felt grand!


--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #17463536 -

I once did a complete 360 in my Toyota Tercel, right through a major intersection in downtown Montreal. No harm, no foul. Everyone else in the car was freaking the fuck out.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: koods]
    #17463732 -

hope we get some snow here, I love driving in it and now have just the car to do it in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: brokentv]
    #17464187 -

Two more.. "That ain't snowed in, this is snowed in."



I love this one because the snow made the mailbox look like Marge Simpson. (That is a mailbox standard in height)


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: koods]
    #17464319 -

chains on the tires are not the best, they can fuck up your car, I dont use them on the tractor trailer I drive, If chains are needed to drive I just shut down and tell dispatch to fuck off, Id rather not go up or down a mountain pulling a fully loaded 53 foot trailer through weather like that.


--------------------
"Hospitality is my house, That a traveler shall share, Warm meal on a hearth And my last horn of mead"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: koods]
    #17465056 -

koods said:
closed veil said:
berdinwall said:
consumesomeshrooms said:
i feel like ur being a little bitch. just drive slow and your car will be fine



u ever driven in the snow man?

it's not hard to lose control going down a hill...and theres nothing you can do once your brakes are locked and your sliding




snow is only hard to drive in if your stupid and don't understand basic physics.



That is bullshit. At some point, unplowed snow becomes an impenetrable barrier. Your average car isn't going to be able to drive through more than 6 inches.



i wasn't talking about depth factor, but slippery factor, hence the quotes.
but 6" still isn't that bad if you have a manual.


--------------------
:willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: koods]
    #17465343 -

koods said:
I once did a complete 360 in my Toyota Tercel, right through a major intersection in downtown Montreal. No harm, no foul. Everyone else in the car was freaking the fuck out.



Every winter I do this with my Ford focus.

Only when I go at 30 - 40 km/h. I don't know why, but it just happens.

Every winter...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #17466655 -

Ima Trooper said:
The best part of driving in snow in a place that rarely gets any, is that "apocalyptic, everyone else is dead" feel. Like when we got 18" in NC, the entire city shut the fuck down. It was amazing, once the weather channel predicted "some precipitation", the supermarkets were fucking STRIPPED. I shit you not. There was damn near nothing in them after people got done with them. And driving around was awesome, because all the traffic lights are just blinking, no lanes to speak of, and like maybe 15 people all driving around. It was seriously apocalyptic, felt grand!



Man my sisters live in Pineville south of Charlotte all of Charlotte shuts down over an inch of snow!


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've been snowed in for the past two fucking days [Re: Patlal]
    #17466804 -

Patlal said:
koods said:
I once did a complete 360 in my Toyota Tercel, right through a major intersection in downtown Montreal. No harm, no foul. Everyone else in the car was freaking the fuck out.



Every winter I do this with my Ford focus.

Only when I go at 30 - 40 km/h. I don't know why, but it just happens.

Every winter...



There are parts of Montreal, like Westmount, that have extremely steep hills - next to San Francisco and maybe Seattle, the craziest hills in a big city. I have still have no idea how people manage to live up on the side of Mnt Royal in the winter. I don't know how they could even do snow removal on some of them.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I think I'm fucked.
( 1 2 3 all )
Seeka 8,888 44 02/21/03 09:13 AM
by baraka
* Places you've NEVER made whoopee but want to
( 1 2 all )
Morphrying 5,791 34 03/14/03 07:08 PM
by psyphon
* What's the furthest you've travelled to buy drugs?
( 1 2 3 all )
spleen 8,837 41 02/09/11 03:49 PM
by 4runner
* Post deleted by Moe Howard Anonymous 633 4 02/17/03 11:48 AM
by 3eyedgod
* good reason ur wife shouldn't drive ur truck n the snow Chills420 version2 736 3 02/19/03 05:18 AM
by SonnyBoy
* fucking shitneck FrozenHappiness 1,936 10 01/05/03 10:49 AM
by Little Shroom
* man - past, present, and future. popdewman 1,299 7 03/27/03 02:47 PM
by peruvian spark
* Fucking lady upstairs!
( 1 2 all )
Killjoy 7,902 29 03/24/03 10:00 AM
by Killjoy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,561 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 80 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.