Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepopdewman
passenger

Loc: us, maryland
man - past, present, and future.
    #1405487 - 03/24/03 10:10 AM (14 years, 2 days ago)

come have a gander at my ramblings
just some theories i came up with the other day while watching space oddysey
sorry i know its long.. but i think you'll find it interesting if you're even just somewhat intrigued by evolution, or curious about man in general.

originally this started with the theory of brain vs brawn..
my hypothesis is that if you concentrate on your body more so then your mind, then you will obviously develop a better body then mind, and vice versa. this would explain why large guys are often times less intelligent then smaller stature guys.

now think back. our ancient ancestors - monkeys and gorillas (choose not to believe this if you want, but we do share 98% of the same chromosomes as chimpanzees and 95% of the same chromosomes as orangatangs..) lived in the jungle. gorillas are big and strong, but stupid. but at some point something triggered them to start using their minds more then they used to.. most likely it was the smarter gorillas that were able to better succeed at finding food and mates. anyways this push on the mind, and movement away from focusing on the body all of the time continued for hundreds of thousands of years. and as this time flowed, the monkey became less and less big and strong, but more upright, mindful, and agile. this has continued even up until today and it is noticeable in every human being.

so if as a species, focus is put more into the mind, or into the body, then you will physiologically change over the course of time to look something different then you used to.

this relates to another theory i had on why more african americans in general are less smart on average then many other races. and i mean this in no way to be disrespectful, and there are many many many exceptions to this, but hear me out.
Africa is a continent full of life. there are abundant amounts of animals there, but little cultivatable soil. there are of course some places with the correct soil for harvesting large amounts of crops, but in general it has been easier for africans in the past 50,000 years or so to just hunt and gather their food. now look to other areas of the world. civilization began in the fertile crescent, as well as the indus river valley, and several other locations across the globe. now it is a natural progression of mind to go from focusing on hunting most of the day to being able to rely on a constant source of food in turn allowing for larger populations and the birth of humanities and arts. this allows more focus on the mind then on the body. so while many many other races around the globe were taking advantage of this, africans were left still hunting - which was the most efficient and logical thing for them to be doing at the time. now fast forward again to present day.. other races have had more time to develop their minds then africans, and likewise africans excel at physical sports because of their longer focus on the body

right so man has come a long ways mindwise in the past couple hundred thousand years or so.. but really, overall this is hardly a portion of the time that other successful species in the past have lived. i mean, some dinosaurs were present for millions of years, but they couldnt plant crops with thehir bodies stature and were built for hunting pray.. so what did they become? well the meat-eaters became extraordinary hunting machines. so man still most likely has a very long time still for our minds to develop, potentially millions of years+ so who knows what we'll become in the future that is of course if we don't destroy our planet first..

this makes me think that aliens really could possibly exist. i mean look at your basic description of an alien. they really do look like a more evolved human. less focus on body, more focus on mind, hence larger cranium and smaller stature. who knows what kind of physiological changes we'll have made over the next million+ years.. i mean if we went from gorilla to man in less then half a million, who says we can't look like aliens in the future given a million years to change. plus i'm sure our technological advances will be insane - even time travel seems possible if you have millions of years to figure it out. so maybe ufo's are just time travel machines? it doesnt sound too crazy when you consider what we know now about time travel and their correllation to black holes- it's our only intelligent assumption right now for time traveling. where are black holes? where do we think ufo's come from?

none of this is a hardcore belief of mine.. just possibilities.. and i dont think anyone should ever rule out a possibility.

also some people argue that if we really did come from monkeys, why are there still monkey's around today..
my answer to that is that not all monkeys were forced into finding new food sources.. not all monkies lived on the edge of the jungles.. a lot of monkeys were perfectly happy and successful living on the resources in the jungle and had no need to develop their mind as much as the monkey who decided that he should roam out onto the plains.. monkeys today are probably not the exact same as the monkeys that were around thousands of years ago.. they too have developed their bodies and have become extremely efficient at what they do.. swing from trees and whatnot

ah also i just had this thought about aliens
why don't we see them all the time.. i mean if they really are flying around in time machines they definitely could just pop up anywhere anytime they wanted...

well... if you think of mans entire lifetime, including the potential million+ year future, how significant do you think this year is overall? how significant do you think your entire lifetime will be? significant enough that aliens would be interested in studying it hardcore? probably not.. to a lesser extent i'm sure they would be curious about all periods of man's life, but to just focus on this time period right now seems a little arrogant for me to even think that...
but maybe, just maybe, aliens have been visitng us.. in the past too.. it certainly would explain a lot of the phenomanal creations, and leaps in math and science man has made in the past 2000 years.
why would they help us? well it makes sense to me that by helping us now they are affecting the future exponentially.. give us a computer now and we'll have much more time to make it better then we would if we hadnt gotten a computer for another hundred thousand years..

comments on these theories? care to add anything?
i'd be delighted to hear your views

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: man - past, present, and future. [Re: popdewman]
    #1406021 - 03/24/03 01:33 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Why do I always have one extra sock? Or am missing one? Never an even number.

Offlinepopdewman
passenger

Re: man - past, present, and future. [Re: djfrog]
    #1406024 - 03/24/03 01:34 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

grow another foot

OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
    #1406348 - 03/24/03 03:32 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

My friend has been reading several books on aliens and other weird shit lately, and some of the stuff he tells me is pretty scary; Supposedly, the pyramids in Egypt would have been impossible for humans to construct, with many mathematical "coincidences" that can be related to the earth and it's circumference (which would suggest that the Egyptians knew the Earth was a sphere...not possible till much later) and all this other crazy stuff.
Maybe, and this is not a strong belief of mine or anything, but maybe aliens made humans in their image? Hahah, i know. But think about it. We as humans are advancing quite quickly in the scientific and cloning area. Surely within a few years we will be able to use DNA to engineer and create some new kind of being. If it will be possible for some scientist to create someone with blonde hair, blue eyes, and put a mole on his/her left cheek through the use of cloning and DNA manipulation, then it will be just as easy to create a new species of our own. Perhaps aliens did the same thing: created some other being(humans), placed the micro-organisms on a planet that could sustain life (earth), and then observe and study us from afar, with UFO's as their method of checking up on us.

Just a little theory of mine. Yay, my first post.

Offlinepopdewman
passenger

Re: man - past, present, and future. [Re: I_Didnt_Inhale]
    #1406357 - 03/24/03 03:37 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

oh i totally agree... the potential influences on man by aliens (if they exist) are so numerous its almost illogical to think we didnt recieve help from someone at one point.. and i too have toyed around with the idea that we're some kind of alien offspring.. it really isnt that crazy of a theory.. in fact many many people believe it to be fact.

its an interesting thought nonetheless

OfflineRed_White_and_Brainwashed
Viva larevalution

Loc: Where the ones are always...
    #1413038 - 03/27/03 03:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

As far as the why monkeys are still around question, that can be simply explained the concept of geographic isolation.

The great pyramids are the most interesting thing ever. All 3 of the pyramids cooralate exactly with the 3 stars in the constellation Orion(?). Also the great pyramids tip is placed exactly at where the Prime Maridian and the Equator meat. Thus creating a huge magnetic force, which could have been used to aid in building in you know anything about the life of Ed Lee Scaldin(SP?)

Interesting shit

--------------------
Behold the power of Sponch!

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: man - past, present, and future. [Re: Red_White_and_Brainwashed]
    #1413812 - 03/27/03 10:01 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Temples of enlightenment.

--------------------

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1414735 - 03/27/03 04:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

There's a lot of legends in Mexico, Central America, and South America about people coming down from the sky to spread knowledge and what-not too. It makes more sense to think that all those advanced ( at least in some aspects ), ancient cultures around the world got their knowledge from somewhere else because some of the things they came up with just seem too advanced for them to come up with by themselves. There's a lot of strange things out there... I also see lots of good points about evolution in this post.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub