Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Millet prep
    #17445301 -

Can anyone tell me if this sounds right for a millet/WBS tek

Rinse removed floaters (a shit load) and chaff (barely any)
Soak in warm water and gypsum for about 24 hours (too long?)
Rinse of (no boil)
Dry on newspaper
Load up jars and PC

Sound good? Dont think it should give me too much trouble cause its very clean and didnt need much rinsing. Dont really know whether I should have chucked the floaters it seemed like such a waste, but they were annoying!

Main thing really is is it best to simmer the millet for a while? Do I not need to steam dry them in the same way I would with rye? I've seen lots of people saying they dont boil or simmer WBS with good results?

Thanks


--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Millet prep [Re: wolf8312]
    #17445490 -

Sounds fine, PC 120mins @ 15psi. Good luck!


--------------------
:awecid::awecid:

Disclaimer: All posts by this user are fictious and outright forgeries of posts and pictures found elsewhere on the Internet. Do not heed any advice or suggestions as they are baseless and without merit. All posts are for entertainment and entertainment alone and should not be confused for fact or truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Millet prep [Re: Jcoonan]
    #17445979 -

Always easier to boil and steam dry. Helps with hydration and drying on a towel is a nuecence  The floaters are fine too although they are lower in nutrient content. Mostly lignin.  As a general rule you should cook all grains including wbs. It just makes sence. But there are a hundred different ways to correctly do it.  90 minutes is fine on pc time 120 is overkill assuming your cooking quarts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Millet prep [Re: Amanita virosa]
    #17446317 -

Amanita virosa said:
Always easier to boil and steam dry. Helps with hydration and drying on a towel is a nuecence



I always dry on a towel. I think drying in the colander is a nuisance. It takes a lot longer and is a lot more involved (having to sit there and shake the colander) rather than just draining it fairly well and tossing it on a towel till it's room temp. To each his own, though. Just sharing my opinion on it.

Quote:
As a general rule you should cook all grains including wbs. It just makes sence.



Agreed. Simmer them till they pop.

Quote:
But there are a hundred different ways to correctly do it.  90 minutes is fine on pc time 120 is overkill assuming your cooking quarts



Agreed. 90 minutes for jars, 120 for bags. Anything more and you're wasting time.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Millet prep [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #17446374 -

36fuckin5 said:
Amanita virosa said:
Always easier to boil and steam dry. Helps with hydration and drying on a towel is a nuecence



I always dry on a towel. I think drying in the colander is a nuisance. It takes a lot longer and is a lot more involved (having to sit there and shake the colander) rather than just draining it fairly well and tossing it on a towel till it's room temp. To each his own, though. Just sharing my opinion on it.


Amanita virosa said quote....
I strain and dump on a tarp to steam dry. A colander would not work for me as I am cooking 15 pounds of grain at a time. The problem I saw with the towel was that he was not cooking the grain first  then trying to dry it on a towel. Like you I prefer to let it steam dry but I guess I would need a really big towel. Tarp is better for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Millet prep [Re: Amanita virosa]
    #17446379 -

Amanita virosa said:
I strain and dump on a tarp to steam dry. A colander would not work for me as I am cooking 15 pounds of grain at a time. The problem I saw with the towel was that he was not cooking the grain first  then trying to dry it on a towel. Like you I prefer to let it steam dry but I guess I would need a really big towel. Tarp is better for me



Haha, fair enough. I assumed you were just talking about drying it like RR does in the videos. And yeah, if you don't boil to get some steam, it's gonna take forever and a day to dry no matter what you do.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Millet prep [Re: wolf8312]
    #17446561 -

Roadkill said:
Millet is my favorite substrate.

If I could get it as cheap as I used to get it...
I'd still be using it.

Soak the Millet for 36 hours in a 5 gallon bucket...
then rinse the Millet out really good til you get all the dirty water out of the bucket.

then strain the Millet really good to get the excess water off of it...
I use a large window screen.

then load your jars up and pressure cook.



Colonized Millet has more inoculation points to spawn with than any other substrate.


tc




--------------------
AMU


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Millet prep quesiton Innernaut 3,438 14 02/14/07 12:09 PM
by Lapius
* Millet Prep... Maybe an oops? 36fuckin5 799 4 05/20/08 01:36 AM
by grod31
* millet prep? deathinchaos 629 4 02/14/08 09:22 PM
by deathinchaos
* to simmer millet or not simmer RasHelio1 1,498 7 07/04/07 07:58 PM
by LateForTheFuture
* Preparing white millet jars. Ok now i'm pissed... fIsh in my head 3,213 5 01/19/04 10:00 PM
by 20cent
* help, pointers, teks or anything else...millet dilemma. i really need any assistance
( 1 2 3 all )
Outwalkin 2,608 40 06/07/14 12:26 PM
by Outwalkin
* Grain Prep Tek • All Grains, featuring Brown Rice & Grass Seed
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Violet 60,829 109 05/20/20 12:29 PM
by lucidasans
* Never thought of this before...rye grain prep tip...... DeadPhan 530 7 05/09/14 07:29 PM
by 36fuckin5

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,268 topic views. 12 members, 326 guests and 113 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.