Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
% of CEOs that are psychopaths
    #17426938 -

I'm curious what others takes on this are. I feel like in the business world, those at the top have a good likelihood of being a psychopath. I mean if the only really reliable way to the top is on the backs of others, psychopaths outta be cut for the job perfectly, I mean who else could live with the blood of the thousands of chinese children that make their products on their hands?

I'm guessing the % of CEO's of large corporations that are psychopaths is somewhere in the ballpark of 15%-20%

What do ya'll think?


--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: EvolveShrooms] * 1
    #17426942 -

I think I would trust a CEO any day over a government official.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17426948 -

Ya them too. Really any position of great power, I guess government officials fit into that perfectly too.


--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #17426957 -

Power corrupts


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #17426961 -

I'd love to be a CEO of a large company.  All that money...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #17426964 -

A study has been made on this.

1% of the population are psychopaths.

4% of CEOs are psychopaths.

Therefore, yes, there are more psychopathic CEOs than in the normal population


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: abltsandwich]
    #17426973 -

abltsandwich said:
I'd love to be a CEO of a large company.  All that money...





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: Patlal]
    #17426974 -

You all would be surprised what you'd be willing to do to make a million a year.


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: OZA]
    #17427002 -

Watch the fil called I am fish head on YouTube. It talks exactly about such things


--------------------
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first" Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17427019 -

Gilgamesh18 said:
Power corrupts



Power attracts the corruptible, basest, most weak minded pieces of shit in the population. It doesn't inherently corrupt people, it's just sought after by those least fitting any power position. Plato got that much right, at least.


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: EllisDSox]
    #17427026 -

EllisDSox said:
Gilgamesh18 said:
Power corrupts



Power attracts the corruptible, basest, most weak minded pieces of shit in the population. It doesn't inherently corrupt people, it's just sought after by those least fitting any power position. Plato got that much right, at least.



Yea good point those who should lead are the ones who do not desire power and glory.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17427091 -

I'm sure it's both, really. At least a couple of the dictators in history seem to have been genuinely well-meaning up to a point and then gone bat shit, but I think there really is a lot of significance in who seeks these positions. Nice avatar.


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #17427100 -

EvolveShrooms said:
I feel like in the business world



Something tells me that it is indeed just feelings you have to go on, and you don't actually have any experience in the 'business world'. Is that correct, by any chance?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #17427123 -

I think most are a product of environment that teaches them to suppress emotions.  This could be an evolutionary thing, but what I like about my interactions with other humans is their ability to connect as equals, not the competition so much.

The whole social darwinism attitude is just sad to me.  In every group there are individuals that will push the boundaries of what is acceptable for personal gain.  Mostly they view things like equality measures or social conscience to be an obstacle.  Society is nothing more than a tool to be manipulated, but they will always push harder than anyone for social controls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: koraks]
    #17427145 -

koraks said:
EvolveShrooms said:
I feel like in the business world



Something tells me that it is indeed just feelings you have to go on, and you don't actually have any experience in the 'business world'. Is that correct, by any chance?



All you gotta do is watch American Psycho and you're a business world expert.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: abltsandwich]
    #17427162 -

abltsandwich said:
koraks said:
EvolveShrooms said:
I feel like in the business world



Something tells me that it is indeed just feelings you have to go on, and you don't actually have any experience in the 'business world'. Is that correct, by any chance?



All you gotta do is watch American Psycho and you're a business world expert.



:lolsy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17427193 -

i always thought the study was sociopaths not psychopaths...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #17427234 -

What exactly is the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17427236 -

I believe sociopath is the currently accepted term for the same phenomenon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: % of CEOs that are psychopaths [Re: koraks]
    #17427243 -

Ah I see psychology is bunch of vodoo it seems like people are fucking weird we get it!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do benzos work on psychopaths? viktor 638 12 07/13/17 01:32 PM
by XUL
* France moves to cap CEO wages
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Bodhi of Ankou 6,583 94 06/11/12 11:25 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Psychopaths
( 1 2 3 all )
28064212 4,459 41 05/28/11 02:36 AM
by JesusGoneRogue
* Possible Psychopath Is Under The Impression That I Owe Him A Large Sum Of Money
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MisterSandman 5,315 99 07/08/14 09:31 PM
by newageshaman
* Not being on Facebook - sign of being a psychopath hidenseek 677 10 08/11/12 07:33 PM
by JesusIsLord
* Billionaire CEO threatens to fire 8000 employee if Obama is re-elected
( 1 2 3 4 ... 21 22 )
Patlal 14,078 424 11/09/12 03:48 PM
by zZZz
* Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO
( 1 2 all )
pwnasaurus 1,432 20 08/25/11 12:00 PM
by Patlal
* CEO of Target Canada (who failed) collected more in severance than all 17600 employees combined... Patlal 611 9 01/22/15 08:27 PM
by Bodhi of Ankou

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,951 topic views. 7 members, 13 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.