Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Ravi Shankar died earlier today
    #17377922 -



--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: jewunit]
    #17377926 -

i saw that :sad:.  at the age of 92, he lived a long and amazing life.  I'm sure he's still playing sitar somewhere...


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: jewunit]
    #17377927 -

Damn. I'll let the music speak for itself.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: jewunit]
    #17377933 -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.


I never got to meet him.  :frown: (this represents the saddest face I have had on the shroomery).

What a great life he lived. 







--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (12/11/12 11:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Psy Baba]
    #17377947 -

RIP to the greatest sitar player in the world.


--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:




...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...



:feelsgoatman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Sham87]
    #17377985 -

sitaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Sham87] * 1
    #17377988 -

This will be my trip music for the night, along with some incense. RIP, awesome artist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Vicker]
    #17378001 -

I am deeply sad about this:frown:


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: danlennon3]
    #17378022 -

That really bums me out man! I have an autographed collection of his works somewhere that a friend of his gave me.


--------------------
Signature this, ho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: SleepAid]
    #17378024 -

Wow intense. Do something special with it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Vicker]
    #17378029 -

He was awesome and definitely had an amazing life


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: jewunit]
    #17378033 -

I saw him play three or four years ago in Chicago.  He was definitely old, but he was spry


a buddy asked me out of the blue if I wanted to go to a Sitar concert, it took some convincing for me to go,  but it was good shit.  worth seeing once in your life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Beefy1]
    #17378039 -

Beefy1 said:
worth seeing once in your life.



:crankey:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: jewunit]
    #17378044 -

jewunit said:
Beefy1 said:
worth seeing once in your life.



:crankey:



^


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: jewunit]
    #17378050 -

:thisisterrible:

Supernovasky posted a couple months back trying to decide if he should go see AWOLNation (:rolleyes:), some random local band or Ravi Shankar. For his sake, I seriously hope he went with Shankar.


--------------------
:philkensebben: There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: mytehdogizflying]
    #17378057 -

How do those two even come close together haha
seperate price range for tickets id imagine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Vicker]
    #17378069 -

that kat was a jedi master and is stronger now in death than he was in life, "God" told me.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Psy Baba]
    #17378143 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.




that's what i said. :sad: nooooooo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: akira_akuma]
    #17378157 -

I get shivers in my body listening to this. R.I.P  A great person:sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ravi Shankar died earlier today [Re: Cavemen]
    #17378171 -

Ravi Shankar was an amazing musician and his impact will be felt for many years. I had the pleasure of seeing his daughter, Anoushka Shankar in concert and I suggest if anyone has the option they should definitely take advantage of that opportunity. She studied directly under her father and is an amazing musician in her own right.

Rest in peace Ravi, I wish I had the ability to see you play before you passed but your musical influence along with your kind and respectful demeanor was obvious in your daughter. :heart::hug::peace:


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ravi Shankar - Between Two Worlds Krishna 632 3 12/05/04 05:53 PM
by Thin White Duke
* ravi shankar mikeytro 2,657 17 10/10/07 10:40 PM
by Psy Baba
* Anyone here listened to ravi shankar while trippin?
( 1 2 all )
Mattm 1,796 34 03/09/10 07:24 PM
by shivas.wisdom
* Ravi Shankar Grav 1,233 4 10/17/02 05:50 PM
by Learyfan
* A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany World Spirit 3,399 13 04/12/05 08:08 AM
by In(di)go
* LiveEarth: Gore announces multi continent rock concert
( 1 2 all )
deadHead321 3,457 21 02/15/07 10:48 PM
by Boom
* Beatles Roofop Concert deadHead321 723 3 06/07/06 03:13 PM
by Rose
* What was your first concert and what was your first album to buy?
( 1 2 3 all )
Cowgold 5,764 50 02/29/08 11:08 PM
by PinballWizard

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,967 topic views. 4 members, 13 guests and 247 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.