Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Headphones
    #17374821 -

Hokay so,

I'm looking into buying a pair of 'overear' headphones and I was looking for some suggestions. I don't wanna spend over $100-150 preferably, what is your recommendation?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: Galidor4]
    #17374876 -

Can't go wrong with AKGs or Sennheisers in that price range :awesome:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: twighead]
    #17374881 -

sennheiser hd280


--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: danielx]
    #17375494 -

ATH-M50.  It is heralded as the best value headphones you can get, but don't just take it from me - head over to Head-fi, you won't hear enough good things about them.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: Galidor4]
    #17375504 -

Headphones...



--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #17375522 -

In the market for some over-ear headphones as well. I was reading about the Atari headphones and it got some really solid reviews for the price. They go for under $100.

Has anyone heard or heard of them?
http://www.trax-distribution.com/audio/casque/casque-atari-noir/


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: danielx]
    #17375535 -

danielx said:
sennheiser hd280




--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: danielx]
    #17375555 -

danielx said:
sennheiser hd280



Ive have Sennheiser hd280 pro 64ohm ones for about a decade now and they still work.

Nice clear sound with no post-processing to the sound, just plainly and clearly relays a wide spectrum of sound.

I think they cost about $100-150

I've used them for monitoring when making music and they work alright.

They are "closed" ear cups so they block out outside sound.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: Galidor4]
    #17375628 -

pwnasaurus said:
ATH-M50.  It is heralded as the best value headphones you can get, but don't just take it from me - head over to Head-fi, you won't hear enough good things about them.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/



Add me to the Audio Technica crowd.
Plus they come in white now :laugh:

But yeah, poke around HeadFi. I spent a bunch of time looking at headphones (I was looking for over ears and same price range as you) and decided on the ATH, but there are a few good options available.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: jewunit]
    #17375670 -

I need a new pair too, I'm going to keep on eye on this thread.


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17375682 -

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/headphones

That will be a more useful resource than this thread ever will be.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: danielx]
    #17375713 -

danielx said:
sennheiser hd280



I've owned these and the audio technica ath-m50.  The ATs destroy the senns.  Like not even a question.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17375797 -

I prefer KNS-8400s over ATH-M50s--cleaner, more accurate sound. I found the bass on the M50s slightly muddy in comparison.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: Galidor4]
    #17375876 -

Back in the late 90s-early 2000s I used Sony V-700s aka "Sony Silvers".  They were great back then, but I hear Sennheiser is making incredible headphones.  Also, I was very surprised by a pair of Technics headphones I used last year; I don't know the model.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #17375922 -

Grado SR80i are a good bang for the buck imo.


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #17375939 -

I honestly can't recommend these new headphones enough: [url=AKG K451 whathifi]http://www.whathifi.com/review/akg-k451[/url]

They've got rave reviews and rightly so!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #17375940 -

pwnasaurus said:
ATH-M50.  It is heralded as the best value headphones you can get, but don't just take it from me - head over to Head-fi, you won't hear enough good things about them.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/



i heard the same thing
ive tried grado + sennheiser + beyerdynamics
hated em


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: pfxtc]
    #17376053 -

my old boss had beyerdynamic 770s and they were fucking BOMB.  I don't know how you could think they sound bad.  :justdontknow:


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: propensity]
    #17376068 -

propensity said:
danielx said:
Dre Beats





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Headphones [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17376126 -

All We Perceive said:
my old boss had beyerdynamic 770s and they were fucking BOMB.  I don't know how you could think they sound bad.  :justdontknow:



Yup, Beyerdynamics are AMAZING.  One day I will own a paid of DT880s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Around Ear headphones wicket 986 12 06/04/10 03:21 AM
by Janamil
* are dre beats the best headphones out there?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
yoimjohn 8,189 107 11/04/11 04:49 PM
by teamkiller
* Post your headphones!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
schwarg 3,812 64 11/21/12 05:24 AM
by agentg
* Best Type of Headphones?
( 1 2 3 all )
vitadura 6,466 55 06/27/09 07:16 PM
by joe Biggs
* Headphones?
( 1 2 all )
Sinistral 2,770 35 03/21/06 06:55 PM
by Vvellum
* headphone reccomendations?
( 1 2 3 all )
Tcm19277 2,772 47 07/25/10 02:05 PM
by islanduniverse
* Infrasound - Low Frequency Sounds & Effects on Humans
( 1 2 all )
Platinum 5,040 28 11/11/08 09:38 PM
by PhanTomCat
* Headphones
( 1 2 3 4 all )
tpihkal 3,977 60 10/01/09 01:44 AM
by teaparty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,631 topic views. 2 members, 69 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.