Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Perlite, Silica Gel

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
So my veils are startin to break...........
    #1732016 - 07/20/03 11:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, a friend of a friend of a friend's veils are breakin on his cakes but he reports that they are only 1-2 inch long in heighht, does he pick them now or let them try and grow more? There are smaller ones and then there are decent sized ones. The cakes are in a heavy heavy heavy humid enviroment with multiple fannings per day. There terrarium with just perlite / water wasn't to humid, it was pretty weak. So he purchased a humidifer and stuck it right in there and sad "HUMIDIFY BITCH"......a day later his walls were saturated in water, which is a good thing.....Anyways, his pins have been fruiting for probably a good 72-90 hours....

EDIT....
how do you dry these bastards....put them on notebook paper and set the notebook paper in front of a fan on low?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: So my veils are startin to break........... [Re: factory81]
    #1732166 - 07/20/03 01:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"Does he pick them now or let them try and grow more?" Now.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: So my veils are startin to break........... [Re: Magash]
    #1732217 - 07/20/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I had the same problem with some of my casings on their 2nd flush...... And as i can say, they don't grow further.... Even if they grow a little, it doesn't effect the potency considerably!... As Magash mentioned picking them now will be good for your later flushes... (they don't waste nutrients...) And about drying see;

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23384

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
Re: So my veils are startin to break........... [Re: ph_plus]
    #1732264 - 07/20/03 02:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Where do you get dessicant? Cant you just use a fan?

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

#1732272 - 07/20/03 02:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Fan drying can only dry them to a certain point, you have to use the dessicant after about 24 hours, to really make them cracker crisp. The best source I have found is hobby stores, just ask them for Silica Gel or Derilite, people use it for drying flowers.

Anonymous

#1732282 - 07/20/03 02:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

dessicant=desiccant
i wouldn't think you could just use a fan. The best i can figure, if you use only a fan you will only remove the moisture content of anything you dry to the same percentage as the relative humidity of the surrounding area. Desiccants work by drawing moisture out of the air in closed environments. when you get something as dry as it will get with a fan you then place it in a bowl on a screen with desiccant underneath, being careful not allow what you are drying to contact the desiccant. if you allow it to touch the desiccant you will end up with more moisture in those areas, because the desiccant is drawing moisture from the air to that spot. sorry for the run on sentences.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: So my veils are startin to break........... [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1732305 - 07/20/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Start off with a fan to dry, after 24 hours put into an airtight contaienr with a layer of drierite or damprid (available at lowes) in the bottom. Or cook epsom salts at 350 degrees for an hour or so, then put them in the bottom as well

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Perlite, Silica Gel

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation