Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16750670 -

macbook brah


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: TheMovement]
    #16750910 -

macbook, no question


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: g00ru]
    #16750983 -

Buy it for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16751056 -

hey if you want a good comp get a mac...it's not like pc's are exactly cheap


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: g00ru]
    #16751069 -

I want a lightweight computer that is you can do homework on. I DO NOT want it to cost $1200+.  I already have a powerhouse of a laptop from Asus (The G72).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16751089 -

i just recently got a lenovo thinkpad x130e. it's super portable and has AWESOME battery life. i am at school most of the day on monday and i get home with plenty of battery left even after leaving it on the entire time (and using it for 4hrs straight yesterday because my english class was cancelled), i haven't charged it since then, but it's at ~50%. the display could be a little better, but at least it isn't glossy. i have noticed that even with some of the higher priced machines that screens are not nearly as amazing as the one on my old inspiron 6000, which i use as a desktop at home since i has to be constantly plugged in.

anyway, i did a lot of research on netbooks and notebooks a few months ago and decided on the x130e. there is obviously a shit ton of bloatware that you will need to remove, but a clean install of windows does the trick (it comes with pro). the only gripes i might maybe have are that it is smaller than i am used to (11.6") and the display isn't wonderful, but the price (~$500) and the long battery life (i've been getting an average of about 6.5hrs of steady use), the keyboard doesn't feel cramped at all, and the fact that IT STAYS SUPER COOL ALL THE TIME (even with heavy usage) MORE than makes up for those two flaws. plus i could even upgrade the hardware a tad if i wanted to and that is a nice option to have -- it will accept an SSD as well as up to 8GB of ram (mine came with 4). it also came with a 500GB 7200rpm hdd but i don't know if they are available anymore. obviously you could upgrade that as well. it definitely doesn't have an optical drive, but most laptops these days aren't coming with them in an attempt to lose bulk, let alone notebooks/netbooks which always will opt for being light and ultra portable. i can live with that, externals are reasonably inexpensive.


http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x130e-amd/4505-3121_7-35127025.html


(PS: i am also a biology major)


--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.


:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #16753132 -

What do you guys think of this lil' bugger?

http://usa.asus.com/Eee/Eee_PC/Eee_PC_1225B/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16753179 -

Why not get the laptop that Acidic_Sloth was suggesting?  It seems to fit all your criteria for a laptop you would want ... :confused:


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: HB]
    #16753317 -

HB, it's the same thing as the one A_S suggested, except it's 100$ cheaper.  I've also had good experience with my other asus laptop.

Asus 1225B
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-1225B-SU17-BK-11-6-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B0075ZRAKG/

Lenovo x130e
http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-062223U-11-6-Inch-Notebook/dp/B006RA08U4

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16753342 -

Ah, I see ...


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: HB]
    #16753374 -

I did like A_S's suggestion though, when I saw it was identical to an asus I was looking at earlier though it convinced me to go with the asus!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16753515 -

My personal suggestion is to stay away from netbooks, or any time laptop under 13 inches. They are usually VERY uncomfortable to do work on. Poor screen resolution, underpowered -- I know you are just looking for something for school, but if you can shell out a few hundred extra for something that will blow it out of the water: do it. It will be well worth it in the long run.

Sony has some 13 inchers starting at around 750 that are fairly reliable.

Also, what ever you settle on, get a SSD and put as much ram in it as possible. SSDs will make your rig, no matter how small, fast as hell. I have one in my MBP and it boots in 10 seconds. My friend put the same one in his GF's POS HP, and it boots in 15 seconds. Load times for software are also non existant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: RoastedPete]
    #16753532 -

What's an SSD?


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: HB]
    #16753566 -

A Solid State Disk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: RoastedPete]
    #16753571 -

Ah, thanks.


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: HB]
    #16753585 -

No problem :]

I just put one in my rig a few months ago. Very quick they are...I can never go back to regular hard drives, and advocate them militantly...because I am a horrible nerd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: HB]
    #16753621 -

I like netbooks, but then I don't do a lot of typing. My desktop has the same CPU as some netbooks (AMD E-350 dual core APU) and I don't really need much more power for most of what I do (internet, playing movies, older games.) If I got another netbook I'd want to get one with more screen resolution though, e.g. the 11.6", 1366x768 ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: psi]
    #16753726 -

I went with the netbook, soley because I already have an actual laptop, It's just a powerhouse and needs to be plugged in to use for more than an hour...  If I want something I can play games on I'll use that, it's a 17.2".

As far as something I can throw in my backpack along w/ my schoolbooks and just for writing assignments between classes I think the netbook would provide an all around use, as I don't see the use in spending an extra 300$ for a computer just to have a slightly more comfortable keyboard.

I know the older netbooks were highly underpowered, but it's looking like the new ones are improving- 4gb DDR3, a decent GPU for playing HD video, and a dualcore CPU.  I know you're trying to aim me in the right direction though RoastedPete, thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16753755 -

Out of curiosity, what was the model you went with?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Laptop for school? [Re: Maverick]
    #16753765 -

Maverick said:
I know the older netbooks were highly underpowered, but it's looking like the new ones are improving- 4gb DDR3, a decent GPU for playing HD video, and a dualcore CPU.  I know you're trying to aim me in the right direction though RoastedPete, thank you!



Your welcome!

Well if you must get a netbook, I took a few moments to check out that Lenovo, and my vote is with that. You can stuff up to 8 gigs of RAM (which is usually about 40 bucks) into that thing no problem. Couldn't find any other specs on the asus, other than what amazon says.

Or did you already settle on one?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I finally got a laptop! Maverick 628 6 03/10/10 07:16 PM
by jadavi
* Alienware Laptops
( 1 2 3 all )
CrossingTheStar 3,678 55 12/16/11 01:48 AM
by CrossingTheStar
* Should I get this laptop?
( 1 2 all )
Rainman420 1,789 22 10/25/11 05:20 PM
by NWlight
* how to stop a laptop from overheating?
( 1 2 all )
kintos 3,828 31 04/07/10 08:45 AM
by DeathCompany
* What kind of laptop should I get?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Magicman69 5,308 108 12/16/13 01:41 AM
by CosmicJoke
* Female teacher caught having sex with student in classroom
( 1 2 all )
LobsterSauceDiscord 9,836 30 03/09/09 03:27 PM
by Platinum
* Doctors' Poor Handwriting Kills 7,000 and Injures 1.5 Million Annually TwoGuys 1,289 5 01/16/07 12:10 PM
by hoopershroomer
* My laptop isn't such a great gaming rig anymore... help?
( 1 2 all )
the spiral 2,120 36 08/04/13 02:03 PM
by ModestMouse

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,291 topic views. 4 members, 221 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.