Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
alt to dunking (Working w/ Syringe)
    #1663720 - 06/26/03 06:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You should be happy to know that my foaf has succesfully fruited!
He's been getting problems with overlay and mutant aborts. That has been cured with some deep scratching, recasing, and lots of worrying.
After it fruits he notices that the casing is very dry and when he peels back the blinder from the trays the substrated is a little smaller and drier too. He cant make it bigger but he can make it wetter. He didnt want to pop em out to dunk and just lightly watering by mist form did'nt help, it just created matting by water suffication. He still is very iffy on the subject of overlay. Textbook says its formed by too little RH and dry casing while he thinks his overlay problem could be from too much misting and too high RH(air exchange is good).
Anyway he read about putting straws in substrate and forcing water. He also read about using syringes to inject water. He has been getting used to his mushies growing. He noticed that if he injected 2-4 cc of water into the casing next to the mushrrom that has slowed growth considerably the mushroom would almost double its size in about 10-30 hours. He has now started to form a procedure.

Lets start after your first flush. One big injection is made right into the middle of the substrate. Four smaller injections are made simetrically around the big injection site. Then small 1 cc injections are made evenly throughout the casing. He has no exact ratios yet but is working on it for the substrate he is using. He has also in addition to the above stuck the needle right to the bottom of the tray and injected water there on some trays, they seem to be doing fine like the rest. He has one tray that was left untouched and it is producing smaller fruits and most are aborts.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: midwest, usa
Re: alt to dunking (Working w/ Syringe) [Re: Wapo]
    #1664108 - 06/26/03 11:42 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i think it was pf who used to put drinking straws in his cakes and fill them as water resovours. prolly wouldn't work for a casing though.

Re: alt to dunking (Working w/ Syringe) [Re: Shaw]
    #1665092 - 06/26/03 06:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

a straw only goes in the middle of the cake while with a syringe you apply water evenly throughout. Of course you have to be careful not to put too much water. A good idea would be to weight your shrooms do the math and then resupply the substrate/casing with just a little more water then was in those shrooms, that would guarantee not overwatering provided you do it evenly

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation