Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220795 -

Shroomism said:
DeathCompany said:
Yes they are and I prefer to use logic in my arguments rather than personal opinion. Saying theres a natural remdy for everyone is a VERY bold statement. Most natural remedies show very little positive outcome rate. Some people it does work while others it doesn't. Usually it doesn't and most of the time its placebo. What exactly do you mean by putting on a chemical smile?



Well then I would please ask for you to kindly cite what natural remedies show very little positive outcome, and how these magical pills outperform any natural remedy available on the planet Earth.

And what I mean by a chemical smile is exactly that - a chemical smile. You are not happy inside. These pills do NOTHING to treat the source, they only mask the symptoms. That's what makes money, treating symptoms.. not the problem itself. And if you tell me my experience is subjective I will agree, but I will also say I know many others exactly like myself with the exact same experience, so I know I am not alone in this. These pills may be helpful for a few, but they are prescribed to the majority, who DO NOT NEED THEM. I think I could safely say that the vast majority of people prescribed on most anti-psychotics and anti-depressants suffer worse side effects than what they are being treated for... and MOST of the time the treatment doesn't even work anyway. These pills are WAY overprescribed at the DROP OF A HAT, don't give me some BS about them caring about weighing the possible side effects with what they are trying to treat, they don't.




I would have to find the source in my old abnormal psychology book. They have a list of natural remedies and percentages of how they perform. SSRI's do act naturally in the body and I could explain the pharmocokinetics if you want. Yes many people have the same outcome as you where certain medications don't work but you might as well try and see if it can be treated. Also I agree that anti depressants are WAY over prescribed(taught that as well) but that is the people prescribing its fault. Not everyone needs them. I feel that they should be used after therapy proves useless(which would usually mean theres no external cause just a biological predispositions). i want to a make a point that its not the ones prescribing the pills that decide whether the side effects outweigh the intended effects,. Its the people who decide weather or not these substances are allowed on the shelf. Its a major step in patenting a product.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8220850 -

What Monsanto patents doesn't exist in nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8220855 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Shroomism said:
You can't patent nature and make money off it.



Monsanto is doing a good job of it



A good job of what? Genetically engineered seeds and bovine growth hormone?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #8220956 -

GGreatOne234 said:
DeathCompany said:
Yep I was taught that in my class as well(not that I didn't already know it). But the companies do want their product to work. After all the better the product the more they sell the more $ they make. These products do work but not for everyone just because your experience has been negative doesn't mean EVERYONE in the entire world is going to share the same outcome. The biology of the human mind isn't simple. There are always variables.



If the human brain is not so simple then who is any lab technician one to make up some weird molecule to do anything useful. People who think these pills are working are just believing that they are working, when they really are not. So Mr. College guy, what makes Prozac so useful, what part of the chemical structure is so genius about it? How many of these pills have you used and for how many years?

You make the human brain complicated then yes it is going to be really fucking complicated.





Its called science. Humans dont understand how the brain works completely . Scientist work from what they already understand. These pills are not placebo. To get them on the market they compare results of the substances to placebos which are told to have the same effects to the test subjects. If there is a large enough difference and is proven use then it can be sold. Also its not like they just guess oh this medication will do this. They can see the difference through brains cans. SSRI's work on reuptake. Basically in a normal human being serotonin(neurotransmitter that regulates mood) is released into the synaptic gap. There it sits and lets the serotonin receptors on the post synaptic neuron bind with the serotonin. What ever serotoin is left over is reuptake by vesicles to the presynaptic neuron where they came from. People with depression have damaged serotoin receptors which means they do not absorb enough serotonin to make them happy. So what the SSRIs do is prevent the serotonin from being reupatke and forces them to sit in the synaptic gap until they are all absorbed.
People do not make the brain complicated thats just the way it is. Its obvious that you do not fully grasp the concept of how the complicated the brain is. We as humans do not fully understand it and work towards a better future.


--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (03/31/08 06:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #8220968 -

K, I'm not the only one that gets seriously depressed, I don't make wise decisions when depressed.

For example, being prescribed citalopram. Totally killed my sex drive (without killing the cravings) and all my good feelings. Despite taking only 20mg a day, I had nasty hallucinations, I'd see bugs and things flicker in the corner of my vision that would make me twich and shudder. Headaches, blurred vision. I read about it, and saw that the anorgasmic side effect is common, especially amongst women, and the reduced sex drive can be permanent.

Fuck that then! Sex and masturbation are two natural anti depressants that won't fuck me up (I can count my sexual partners on two hands, and my sexually transmitted infections on none), and this bullshit drug that is less effective than a placebo with withdrawals more severe than opiates.

After four days I quit, hoping I wouldn't have to wean myself off. I have fully recovered (I doubt 80mg is enough to leave a lasting effect, except bad memories) and know if I want to cure my depression, I would have to stop being such a reclusive bastard. Most people I meet in the real world are friendly. Some have affectionate dogs that always seem to go out of their way to sniff me which always cheers me up.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: DeathCompany]
    #8221357 -

DeathCompany said:
GGreatOne234 said:
DeathCompany said:
Yep I was taught that in my class as well(not that I didn't already know it). But the companies do want their product to work. After all the better the product the more they sell the more $ they make. These products do work but not for everyone just because your experience has been negative doesn't mean EVERYONE in the entire world is going to share the same outcome. The biology of the human mind isn't simple. There are always variables.



If the human brain is not so simple then who is any lab technician one to make up some weird molecule to do anything useful. People who think these pills are working are just believing that they are working, when they really are not. So Mr. College guy, what makes Prozac so useful, what part of the chemical structure is so genius about it? How many of these pills have you used and for how many years?

You make the human brain complicated then yes it is going to be really fucking complicated.





Its called science. Humans dont understand how the brain works completely . Scientist work from what they already understand. These pills are not placebo. To get them on the market they compare results of the substances to placebos which are told to have the same effects to the test subjects. If there is a large enough difference and is proven use then it can be sold. Also its not like they just guess oh this medication will do this. They can see the difference through brains cans. SSRI's work on reuptake. Basically in a normal human being serotonin(neurotransmitter that regulates mood) is released into the synaptic gap. There it sits and lets the serotonin receptors on the post synaptic neuron bind with the serotonin. What ever serotoin is left over is reuptake by vesicles to the presynaptic neuron where they came from. People with depression have damaged serotoin receptors which means they do not absorb enough serotonin to make them happy. So what the SSRIs do is prevent the serotonin from being reupatke and forces them to sit in the synaptic gap until they are all absorbed.
People do not make the brain complicated thats just the way it is. Its obvious that you do not fully grasp the concept of how the complicated the brain is. We as humans do not fully understand it and work towards a better future.



Hi again, I know Im using cuss words but I am not being mean or yelling about it. Honestly, I am glad that I did not go into psychiatry; you learn more about it being a patient and actually using the drugs.

I would like to hear a psychiatrist say listen, the brain is not a complicated thing, this is very simple. Also I think a good doctor is going to tell their patients look you do not need these pills, or it is time to get you off these pills.

If a person is depressed they go to a psychiatrist. The doctor puts them on Paxil, doesnt really work, so they try Paxil CR, doesnt work patient starts getting more depressed. Then the doctor puts the patient on Prozac, and the patient starts getting worse they give a Xanax perscription. Starts talking about suicide so the doctor switches the patient to Welbutrin. A week later that patient attempts suicide and is put in a mental institution and put on Zyprexa. Patient gets out goes to another doctor, doctor puts patient on another pill. Where the fuck is this going I don't know, but it is not helping a person get any better. So the patient goes to a different psychiatrist and after talking for 2 minutes the doctor declares that all the other doctors diagnosed them wrong and puts them on another pill. Nothing works for these people until they drop the pills and say thanks for nothing.

If a person feels bad then do something good for someone else or yourself even. Buy a present for your little nephew and tell him he is a cool kid. You feel lousy, instead of buying Paxil get a sharp haircut for yourself and some new clothes go for a run and drink some fucking orange juice.

It is not easy I understand, depression makes people physically so drained they cannot do these things. Depression is natural, everything in the entire universe is natural even Paxil. It can last for years even decades but the good news is that it often does go away. Embrace it, youre depressed for fucks sake learn to love it or it will not go away.

Ive never had social anxiety really. My advice would be blast through that shit until you don't even care anymore. Look at the people who are not like that; if I go to a bookstore and see the prettiest girl in the store fucking-a I am going to be standing next to her talking about something right away. Just fucking talk to every single person you run into and eventually you have learned to embrace your fears.

Anyways I have lost track. Best of luck to everyone, never ever ever ever fucking give up with life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #8221380 -

&q=psychiatry&total=2810&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

veerrry interesting.


--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!




I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8223177 -

rip,

tell your psychiatrist, even though you have anxiety,
it is accompanied by "PANIC ATTACKS"...
chokes you up, makes you feel like you cannot breathe.

even though this may not be the case,
when you use the word panic attacks,
klonopin should be approved for you.

goodluck mate!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: JusListen]
    #8224374 -

Theres more to it than that. Read the DSM lV TR manual on the criteria. Ill try and summarize some key points so if you go with the plan you can come up with a believable story.

Basically it says you need to experience 4 or more of these symptoms frequently and interfere with daily living. This means you are afraid of going out in public where you might have one and cant get away(agoraphobia). Another example would be you have to pull over your car because of the symptoms.


heart palpitations
Pounding heartbeat
Numbness or tingling sensation
Chills or hot flashes
sweating
Trembling or shaking
Sensation of shortness of breath or smothering
Feeling of choking
Chest pain or discomfort
Nausea and upset stomach
Dizziness, unsteadiness lightheadedness or faintness
Feeling of unreality or being detached from oneself
Fear of losing control or going crazy
Fear of dying


Also panic attacks seem to occur with no abrupt cause and appear for no reason. They are triggered by certain situations like if you had a social phobia and you were at a party but do not occur until later.


People often feel like they have some illness as the cause even though they have had it medically ruled out and continue to believe so. Also people become hypervigilant for signs of another panic attack which puts them at a mild to moderate level of anxiety. This just increases the chance of them having another and continues.

Many people with the disorder have many attacks in a short period of time, every day for a week and then go weeks or months without having another attack followed by another period of frequent attacks. Other people have attacks less frequently but more regularly such as once a week for months. Between full blown panic attacks they can experience more minor bouts of panic. Also panic disorder seems to run in families and more chance with first degree relatives.

Many people with panic disorder suffer from generalized anxiety, depression and alcohol abuse. 1/3 to 1/2 people diagnosed with panic disorder develop agoraphobia.



I got to warn you though, benzos aren't the only medication for the disorder. They use tricyclic anti depressants, SSRI's and benzos. Chances are they will try the others first. Also klonopin isn't the only benzos used. Xanax is more common i believe and might just go with that first. both are fast acting which is why they are used. Your psychiatrist isn't stupid so he might realize your just trying to get pills. might have to go to someone else.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: DeathCompany]
    #8224417 -

One of the panelists for the DSM-IV likened psychiatry to astronomy before Copernicus. (I forgot whom, but I remember she was a woman.) It will be interesting to see what the DSM-V is like.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #16563429 -

I'm exactly the same, What did they (self)diagnose you with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #16587676 -

RipVanWinkle said:
My job drug tests me ever since I had to take off a couple of weeks for rehab (opiate addiction). I can't smoke or even take klonopins on my own for fear of being fired (and I love my job).



Wait, you cannot take Kpins even if they are prescribed?  OR are you talking about taking them because you think you need to take them and might show up dirty for a pee pee?


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Its Pat]
    #16587789 -

i didnt even know klonopins could be detected via drug test.

what does this ancient thread even have to do with psychiatrists? last poster derailed.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Im going to see a psychiatrist....opinions please? phishytrip 2,738 17 02/23/05 12:15 PM
by niteowl
* Fucking.
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 9,260 36 08/29/03 04:46 AM
by geokills
* Fuck PETA!
( 1 2 3 all )
ToTheSummit 7,312 45 12/19/03 08:48 PM
by Adom
* am I fucked?.... need advice Turd 2,673 11 04/03/04 06:42 PM
by enotake2
* fucking scary creature
( 1 2 3 all )
Lazerouth 9,731 55 09/30/03 02:55 AM
by DankBluntZ
* Fucking lady upstairs!
( 1 2 all )
Killjoy 7,902 29 03/24/03 10:00 AM
by Killjoy
* Fucking people that eat all of your fucking food MOTH 1,625 11 03/15/04 07:38 PM
by Ripple
* Shroomery smileys are all fucked up Flux 1,040 11 06/03/04 04:34 PM
by Requiem

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,059 topic views. 5 members, 12 guests and 98 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.