Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Shaving causes me to break out...
    #16472097 -

I have noticed that every time I shave it causes me to break out all over my face. 

Does anyone know ways to prevent this?  Obviously not shaving is not an option seeing as how we live in 2012 and I would like to get laid and have a job someday.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: shimishimiman]
    #16472123 -

Maybe you have problems with ingrow hairs like I do. If you use a wet razor The solution is not to shave so close that the hair can recede into the pores. Try a electric shaver it doesnt shave as close and may work a little better for your face though you will have to shave much more often.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: shimishimiman]
    #16472131 -

How are you shaving? If you're using an electric shaver, that may be the problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #16472185 -

ToiletDuk said:
How are you shaving? If you're using an electric shaver, that may be the problem.



I'm using a gillette razor and gillette shaving cream.  I rarely shave upwards so I doubt it's ingrown hairs.  Maybe I need new cream?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: shimishimiman]
    #16472206 -

Hmm. Try that, see what happens. Also you might want to try applying a little soothing Aloe Vera lotion as well and see if that helps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: shimishimiman]
    #16472247 -

Are you maybe allergic to the metal in the razor?


--------------------
~Scarab74
We are such stuff as dreams are made of.
                W. Shakespeare - The Tempest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Scarab74]
    #16472906 -

i hear somenone posted here that they used a safety razor and it made ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD>

im too lazy and just use a buzzer, but if i was to shave again, id probvably do the safety razor, there were a ton of good reviews. do a search on here


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #16472974 -

My neck breaks out everytime I shave. I've found that if I use Luke warm water instead of hot water it's minimal though. Just sensitive skin I guess :shrug:  I've tried all kinds of shave and after gels, shaving with vs against the grain, nothing seems to work but cooler water at least made it manageable.


--------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that your free to do anything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: werDehT]
    #16472981 -

have you tried safety razors? did they not work either?


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #16472993 -

mick said:
have you tried safety razors? did they not work either?



That I haven't tried. I've looked at them but they scare me haha. I don't understand why the call the safety razors, or how I would get through shaving with some of my face left.

I have tried electric shavers. Seemed like more pulling than cutting.

Now I just shave least often as possible, and accept the fact I'm going to be broken out for a few days


--------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that your free to do anything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: werDehT]
    #16476971 -

Try switching your gel. It could be clogging up your pores. :shrug:

If that doesn't work you could try exfoliating your skin and showering after you shave, that could help clear out your pores and clean them out. If THAT doesn't work... its probably just from the irritation and there may be not much you can do about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Uzziel]
    #16477180 -

Switch gels, use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo if you have to. I used this for years, and it smells like a dream(or the nice way a baby's head smells), and makes you smooth as a baby.

Shave more often aswell, and dont press the razor into your face. I would also sometimes have to to a sloppy shave to get a lot of the bits, then a more precise, careful shave to really shave up.

Then, blast COLD WATER into your face. This closes your pours after the hot waster opens them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Azure Essence]
    #16478258 -

Actually, I have a hypothesis about why this keeps happening.

Basically, I have been using this soap I bought overseas http://milaco.org/health-care-products-/soap--clinda.html to help keep my face acne free, and I think the fact that I use this almost once a day has caused my body's natural oil production to go apeshit when I don't use it.

Then, in conjunction with the fact that my shaving gel is also a moisturizer, it probably causes my pores to clog up which causes breakouts.

I'm not sure if I should stop applying the Clinda soap to my face for good or if I should just look for an oil-free moisturizer and keep using the soap.

Scientific method time!


Also, here's some useful info about moisturizers in relation to acne:
http://www.dailyglow.com/moisturizer-and-acne-is-your-moisturizer-causing-your-acne.html

Edited by shimishimiman (07/04/12 12:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: shimishimiman]
    #16478392 -

theres a razor out called "bump fighter"

http://www.greatrazors.com/bumpfighter.aspx

its really for the african race, seriously it works great and lasts long time
but doesnt get as close as a normal razor

i gave up shaving with razors and just use a beard trimmer with no guard

i got a swirl on the side of my cheek and jawbone, i fucking slice my self open with a regular razor.
its like the swirl on the top of your head
:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: 1EyeCries]
    #16478486 -

Lol... Bedface

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Azure Essence]
    #16478495 -

Azure Essence said:
Lol... Bedface



Me? :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: 1EyeCries]
    #16478504 -

I had this issue myself and found that using pure aloe vera gel like "Fruit of the Earth" brand (nothing with alcohol or colors in it) works amazing, also works as a WICKED hair gel  that has no smell, holds awesome and is easy to take out.

If you get razor burn, try using cold water when doing it.  I'm lazy and frequently dry shave without any gel and need to use hot water but with gel, you really should be using cold water. Funny enough, this keeps the pores from opening up which allows the stubble to rest inside the edge of the pore, causing in-grown hairs, even when shaving downwards.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: 1EyeCries]
    #16478528 -

AgentOrange4120 said:
Azure Essence said:
Lol... Bedface



Me? :lol:



Haha yeah like they call it bedhead or bedhair when you have the crazy swirl, haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Azure Essence]
    #16479435 -

Azure Essence said:
AgentOrange4120 said:
Azure Essence said:
Lol... Bedface



Me? :lol:



Haha yeah like they call it bedhead or bedhair when you have the crazy swirl, haha



:lol:, shit just grows like that, i cant do anything about it :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shaving causes me to break out... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #16485618 -

ToiletDuk said:
How are you shaving? If you're using an electric shaver, that may be the problem.



And the opposite too... I quit using razors because they were fucking up my face every day.  Electric is way better for me and easier and cheaper.  I also stopped OCD face and hair washing.  Every other day unless there's a good reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Electric Razors for men with a propensity for razor burn/sensitive skin? Bobo 1,205 8 07/27/05 07:15 PM
by Bi0TeK
* How can I Avoid/Treat Razor bumps? Mojo_Risin 1,999 19 12/29/04 12:42 AM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* Electric Brain Shock? HighGuy 666 2 05/09/06 10:10 PM
by monamine
* The electric kool-aid medicine test snoot 939 1 08/22/06 12:22 AM
by snoot
* How to Break up with a girl? ShattrdHarlequin 711 4 05/22/06 02:55 PM
by Veritas
* Breaking up with someone Andy21 806 7 10/02/06 11:58 AM
by mipa
* Breaking out on the upper back Toddo 10,760 7 10/03/06 11:29 PM
by Toddo
* On a break with gf, depressed browndustin 871 3 03/22/04 07:03 PM
by sykobish

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
3,035 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.