Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist?
    #1645707 - 06/19/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's no secret that George Bush and Pat Robertson are good friends, and Bush enjoyed the tremendous backing and support of Pat Robertson and the Christian Coalition when he ran for President.

Why is this relationship important? Because I've been watching the 700 Club lately and am hearing some of Pat Robertson's unbelievable ultra extremist views. He believes the US should ONLY be run by Christians, and that world peace can only be achieved by forcing Christianity upon the world. He promotes war, if necessary, to advance the Christian movement (I guess this isn't anything new to Christianity). On the last 700 Club show I watched, he brought in a guest who suggested that the US should invade Jordan because they are resisting the Christian ministry's efforts to convert that country.

The beliefs of Bush's friend Pat Robertson fall right in line with terrorism:

terrorism: The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Obviously, George Bush can't be as blatant as Pat Robertson about his beliefs, but given their friendship it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume they share many of the same ideals.

Here are a few quotes from Pat Robertson expressing blatantly terrorist viewpoints (taken from Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist?):

"It is interesting, that termites don't build things, and the great builders of our nation almost to a man have been Christians, because Christians have the desire to build something. He is motivated by love of man and God, so he builds. The people who have come into (our) institutions (today) are primarily termites. They are into destroying institutions that have been built by Christians, whether it is universities, governments, our own traditions, that we have.... The termites are in charge now, and that is not the way it ought to be, and the time has arrived for a godly fumigation." (Pat Robertson, New York Magazine, August 18, 1986)

America was attacked by terrorists "because God Almighty is lifting His protection from us." Rampant secularism, the occult, abortion, the absence of prayer in schools and insults of God "at the highest level of our government" had sent the Almighty over the edge. (Statement posted on his Christian Broadcast Network, CBN, web site.)

"The strategy against the American radical left should be the same as General Douglas MacArthur employed against the Japanese in the Pacific . . . bypass their strongholds, then surround them, isolate them bombard them, then blast the individuals out of their power bunkers with hand-to-hand combat. The battle for Iwo Jima was not pleasant, but our troops won it. The battle to regain the soul of America won't be pleasant either, but we will win it." ("Pat Robertson's Perspective," April - May, 1992)

"We at the Christian Coalition are raising an army who cares. We are training people to be effective -- to be elected to school boards, to city councils, to state legislatures, and to key positions in political parties.... By the end of this decade, if we work and give and organize and train, THE CHRISTIAN COALITION WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL POLITICAL ORGANIZATION IN AMERICA." (Pat Robertson, fundraising letter, July 4, 1991)

"We have enough votes to run the country. And when the people say, "We've had enough," we are going to take over." (Pat Robertson, speech given to the April, 1980 "Washington for Jesus" rally, quoted from Robert Boston, The Most Dangerous Man in America, p. 29)

"If Christian people work together, they can succeed during this decade in winning back control of the institutions that have been taken from them over the past 70 years. Expect confrontations that will be not only unpleasant but at times physically bloody.... This decade will not be for the faint of heart, but the resolute. Institutions will be plunged into wrenching change. We will be living through one of the most tumultuous periods of human history. When it is over, I am convinced God's people will emerge victorious." (Pat Robertson, Pat Robertson's Perspective octavo 1992)

"The Constitution of the United States, for instance, is a marvelous document for self-government by the Christian people. But the minute you turn the document into the hands of non-Christian people and atheistic people they can use it to destroy the very foundation of our society. And that's what's been happening." (Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, December 30, 1981)

"Individual Christians are the only ones really -- and Jewish people, those who trust God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob -- are the only ones that are qualified to have the reign, because hopefully, they will be governed by God and submit to Him." (Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, January 11, 1985, defending his stance that only Christians and Jews are fit to hold public office)

"When I said during my presidential bid that I would only bring Christians and Jews into the government, I hit a firestorm. "What do you mean?" the media challenged me. "You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe in the Judeo-Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?" My simple answer is, "Yes, they are." (Pat Robertson, The New World Order, p. 218)

"There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world. How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshipers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy moneychangers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top?" (Pat Robertson, The New World Order, p. 227, Word Publishing, 1991)

"The public education movement has also been an anti-Christian movement... We can change education in America if you put Christian principles in and Christian pedagogy in. In three years, you would totally revolutionize education in America." (Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, September 27, 1993)

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them." (Pat Robertson)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist? [Re: Cornholio]
    #1645746 - 06/19/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1645763 - 06/19/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Haha!  Great post!  Another example of what an idiot Robertson is.  :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1646046 - 06/19/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Robertson's not a terrorist. he's just a tool.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1646346 - 06/19/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ya, but I find those statements frightening. Especially since I know some very good people that give a lot of money to the 700 Club, under the assumption that they are trying to spread the "mainstream" Christian viewpoint.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1646674 - 06/19/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that's the nature of sheep

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1646825 - 06/20/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

excerpt

"Termites are master builders. These grass-eaters create mounds up to 15 feet tall with complex interiors that enable them to cultivate fungus. The fungus is used to break down dry grass, burning off carbon. Much like the human lung, the mounds draw oxygen in from the outside and expel carbon gases. Abandoned mounds are colonized by plants and eventually become forests. Thus do termites enrich the world even as they plunder homes and other buildings."

termites are wonderful creatures, they've been cultivating mushrooms for hundreds of thousands of years. humans have only cultivated mush for about 5,000 years,

higher termites cultivate mycelium and allow it to grow only until the hypernal knot stage, were they eat it. After a termite mound dies, the mushroom is finally fruit, and huge mushrooms grow out the mound. very specalized symbotic relationship they have.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist? [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1647971 - 06/20/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (06/20/03 11:41 AM)

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1648630 - 06/20/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't be surprised at all!  :grin: 

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1649463 - 06/20/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I hope that is some kind of joke. If not then that is fucked up.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds