Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRaiD
sunfalls andwatershine
Loc: South FL
Are humans prewired for telepathy?
    #1631110 - 06/13/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is just a little thought that has been running through my mind lately. I think that all human beings have psychic abilities that we don't even know about and are born with. They say we only use about 10% of our brain, and I think a part of the unused portion has something to do with this. I also think that psychadellics can help us develop these parts of our brain.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMOLEY_GUNN
Well dressed andwell hung

Loc: On Top
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: RaiD]
    #1631327 - 06/13/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well if you consider that your heart is pumpin faster and some of your other sense can somtimes be compromised (halucinations) , I definatly think some parts of your brain can work better than usual. When i halucinate it seems that im really concentarting with one of my other senses (like when Im listening to music). Its very hard to  know if theres telepathy ,but i wouldnt rule it out completly . One night i was candyflipping with friends and we were realy fucked but talked for hours and taped the conversations. When we next met up we were so suprised at the depth of the conversations we had that night and at the ease of communicating the ideas which even sober were extremly insightful. So we listed to the tape of the night and it seemd like none of us was able to talk properly at all , it sounded like babies talking to each other with the odd recognisble word here and there. We all agree on what we were thinking but its hard to see how it was communicated.  If you asked me what happend and said i could say somthing wierd id say that your brainwave could be increase to such a level tripping as to effect other peoples brains near you , but as it stands I blame the drugs.  :frown:

--------------------
What are you looking at>

Edited by MOLEY_GUNN (06/13/03 12:50 PM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: MOLEY_GUNN]
    #1631811 - 06/13/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is irrelevent because everything from the big bang on is simply a complex intellectual exercise of the singularity.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #1631970 - 06/13/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

They say we only use about 10% of our brain, and I think a part of the unused portion has something to do with this.  I also think that psychadellics can help us develop these parts of our brain

or, maybe you just took some mushrooms :wink: 

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

OfflineRaiD
sunfalls andwatershine
Loc: South FL
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: Lyena]
    #1632083 - 06/13/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nah I was sober when I wrote that.  And thought of it.  :grin: 

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1632155 - 06/13/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is irrelevent because everything from the big bang on is simply a complex intellectual exercise of the singularity.

Your comment was irrelevent because everything you've just said is simply a complex intellectual excercise of your singularity.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: chodamunky]
    #1633050 - 06/14/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No, my singularity has a one track mind and is rarely complex and only occasionally intellectual. But your getting it.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1633260 - 06/14/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

it is thoroughly false to say we only use 10%
of our brain.

humans use every portion of their brain, they may
only use 10% of it at any given time.

some humans are able to use 100% of their brain, though.

we call them epileptics.

use of the entire brain at once results in seizure.

what einstein meant was that humans
only use 10% of their mind power,

the concept of the mind and the brain differs very much,
a mind is not scientific, and is not really a thing, but an
idea.

zandorf the wizard fun fact

Before his death, einstein donated his brain
to science. upon his death his brain was throughly
analyzed and it was discovered that there was much much
more grey matter in his brain than in an average one
but it had roughly the same amount of nerve tissue.

it is beleived that this excess grey matter
helped to keep his thoughts more seperate
thereby giving him a clearer cognitive
experience.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Edited by zandorf (06/14/03 07:22 PM)

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: zandorf]
    #1635111 - 06/15/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you are interested (which you obviously are :ooo:) you should read these lectures, called The Emerging Mind. Damnedly interesting! It's fascinating the complexity of the human brain, and how much we don't know about it, and the possibilities...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith2003/

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Offlinezandorf

Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: mr_kite]
    #1636174 - 06/15/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

cool link man

thanks

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: zandorf]
    #1636303 - 06/16/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You know, I was just contemplating this idea yesterday, while in the bathroom (a lot of good thinking can go down there) thinking about my laptop, and these newfangled wireless LAN cards. I've never completely thought that there might be parts of the brain or elsewhere that physically transmit and receive psychic signals or whatever. Because the experience is not so clearly defined with an external set of organs, i.e. eyes ears skin to receive information, mouth and other muscles to dish it out- I haven't given much thought to what actually in our bodies makes such things possible. I was thinking that if my laptop computer can connect to my normal one, and transfer files just like it were physically part of it, completely boggling my mind; why is it so farfetched that we may just have similar hardware in our own selves? We're all intimately connected in ways we truly DON'T understand. Course some of us learn to use these things, and maybe even get kinda okay at it, but it really doesn't necessarily mean we understand it all too clearly. I mean, I don't even understand what the FUCK I'm talking about right now. I know it's something real, and I don't know much about what it actually is, how it works, and what more is truly possible. But I'm totally all for talking about it.

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (06/16/03 12:17 AM)

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #1636847 - 06/16/03 06:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i believe that we are capable/prewired for telepathy.. i've felt it many times myself. And i believe that anyone can do it, you just need to learn how to, and that's the hard part.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1637055 - 06/16/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"They say we only use about 10% of our brain, and I think a part of the unused portion has something to do with this."

That's an urban legend. It's bullshit. We just don't use all of our brain at the same time.

Just because you FEEL like you're experiencing telepathy doesn't mean that you actually are. There have been dozens of studies looking into ESP and the like, with no conclusive results.

Basically, nobody knows if telepathy exists.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: Phluck]
    #1637187 - 06/16/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't for one moment hesitate that we're able to get down with telepathy...I beleive it's an aquired skill that some, not all people are capable of..I also beleive that moderate, responsible use of hallucigenics(sp?) 'open the doors' to this...

I experience a form of "mild telepathy", for lack of a better term, frequently, more so with people I'm with daily (my gf) She'll be about to say something, and I'll either answer the question, or suggest what she was just about to say...I'll stand up for no reason off the couch, seconds before the fone rings..Small things I know, but they happen very frequently, and have been for some time...

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: funkymonk]
    #1638146 - 06/16/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I get the thing where i can predict what my friends are gonna say all the time. No prewarning to the phone ringing tho, that would be nice hehe.

I think me being able to predict my friends is just from being around them so much.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: Phluck]
    #1638340 - 06/16/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm replying to everybody. I sorta practiced to develop psychic abilities with my friends a few years back. I stopped really doing it seriously eventually, but it's still all there and once in a while something interesting will surface again. Deep down I kinda feel it's to your advantage to not use drugs much if you're trying to become more psychically inclined. they bring things out, rather than you learning how to bring such things out on one's own. My own experience makes me feel that way. I dunno tho, everyone's pretty different. W/o using drugs you get the feel of it all, without any outside influences, and you'll eventually have more control. It's the difference between having a psychotic episode, and methodic, premeditated killing. yeah dark analogy, but that's what came to my mind. I'm open to any questions about anything, and I'd be glad to help if you're curious about anything at all.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #1638343 - 06/16/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Than 10 percent of our brain things was a myth. It has been proven wrong, it is a false beleif.

InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Loc: it doesn't really matter.
Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1638385 - 06/16/03 08:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A seizure may bring about electrical impulses rippling through the entire, or most, of the brain (I don't know for sure, but it doesn't sound too strange), however that does not equate to 'using your entire brain at once gives you a seizure'.

Offlinezandorf

Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #1638435 - 06/16/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sorry

i know that but i guess
i just put it more bluntly
for poetic reasons.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Are humans prewired for telepathy? [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #1638462 - 06/16/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Here is a page about the brain use myth. Here you go
And I wanted to say that psychic phenomena is cool and wonderful, but not everything. I think I mean -don't expect to find all the answers to your problems it it. It's a lot like a toy- nifty and cool, but not quite the key to world peace. Then again I shouldn't be talking, after going on about how much we don't know. Anyways, peace, night, go put that brain to some use!

James

--------------------
Namaste

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom