Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
x7x mono- need advice
    #16311339 -

the grow
overview-
-tissue sample>agar>wbs>hpoo
-poo recipe- 1part verm/3 part hpoo/pinch of gypsum> pastureized 2+ hours
-colonizing 3+weeks
-mono has six 1.5 inch holes (taped up right now) and is sealed in black trash bag.

The mycelium has covered 99% of the tub but it isnt thick white yet. Im afraid if i wait it may never colonize and if I fruit it now it  will be more prone to contam. I thought about adding a very thin sterile casing to act as a barrier (as in pf cakes) and introduce fruiting conditions. I have had patchy luck with monos please advise


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: x7x mono- need advice [Re: spiritlands]
    #16311357 -

Let it consolidate for a few days past 100% colonization.
Also, colonization in a black trash bag is old information.
Light is beneficial to mycelium at all stages of growth.

If your tub is 100% colonized, it's really hard for contams to set in as long as you're giving it enough FAE.

No need for a casing layer on PS.C.


--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: x7x mono- need advice [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #16311425 -

I used a half filled myco bag of colonized wbs/to 1 full bag of hpoo. I figured it would have colonized by now after 3 Weeks.. What's the longest you have had to let a tub colonize before it just failed? I will remove the bag and attempt to post a pic if I can do it without compromising the tub.


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Edited by spiritlands (05/31/12 01:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: x7x mono- need advice [Re: spiritlands]
    #16311439 -

So you spawned at about a 1:2 ratio then is what you're saying? 3 weeks does seem pretty long, I hope you get some help on this. :thumbup:

VV

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: x7x mono- need advice [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16311478 -

3 weeks is a bit long, but it sounds like it's fine.
I've never had a tub take longer than 3 weeks.


--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: x7x mono- need advice [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #16311698 -

Yes that's the ratio I used. Two identical mycobags made the same day are also colonizing the same rate. Thought it might be gas exchange issues so I've burped the bags one a week the first two Weeks. I then shook the bags to see if that might help and they recovered and inhabit 95% but still haven't consolidated and gotten White.  Bling said his x7x was slow and finicky too. The lack of x7x grows is what compelled me in the first place... I have enough of them going I should have several chances, I hope

Edit. Here's what it looks like


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Edited by spiritlands (05/31/12 05:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: x7x mono- need advice [Re: spiritlands]
    #16322817 -

Tub failed. Brown mold. Still have some x7x bags mostly colonized/colonizing.


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* mono tub? x7x_x7x 372 3 05/27/07 12:43 PM
by myndreach
* Steppin at mono-tubs AGAIN! watchoutnow 787 5 09/01/07 05:10 AM
by roquet
* with huge amounts of space whats better mono tubs, or Large FC's
( 1 2 3 all )
marioandluigi 5,080 40 07/29/07 12:28 PM
by pinkfloydms
* RR style mono-tub question
( 1 2 3 all )
synergistic 12,239 56 02/04/10 01:57 PM
by shaughnny
* my advice for noobs...and anyone else who needs to be discreet. WWorker 1,222 15 12/05/07 07:29 AM
by mushbaby
* Some confusion on the mono tub please help. Mahayana 1,041 9 10/02/07 12:25 PM
by Mahayana
* Newbie starting with mono tub need advice dell49er 976 8 08/19/06 03:50 PM
by davesj1
* unclear on mono-tub holes. etam 1,690 8 12/10/06 08:34 PM
by Dihnekis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
339 topic views. 4 members, 74 guests and 233 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.