Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Found some oysters I think..
    #16149030 -

#1
Habitat:
Growing out of a log.

Gills:
Color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc.

Stem:
Sometimes absent, but thick, stumpy, fleshy, and off center when present.

Cap:
Off white to grey-ish brown.

Scent is mild.






#2
Habitat:
Growing on leaf litter/Forrest debris.

Gills:
White, Free, maybe slightly adnexed on the older one.

Stem:
White fading to cinnamon brown toward base. Fibrilous and the older one was hollow-ish.

Cap: Brown and viscid. The older one was splotchy brown and lighter toward the edge. Also viscid.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some oysters I think.. [Re: kablizzo]
    #16149036 -

Pic #1 Nice find. they are oysters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some oysters I think.. [Re: oysterizer]
    #16149371 -

2 might be Xerula or Gymnopus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some oysters I think.. [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16150086 -

nice oysters :laugh: looking delicious


--------------------
"Carpe diem!"

P.Semilanceata  Germany



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some oysters I think.. [Re: fux234]
    #16150363 -

Most of those oysters look so fresh and clean! Nice finds.


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some oysters I think.. [Re: suchen]
    #16150698 -

ya nice oysters, i found and ate a bunch yesterday! :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some oysters I think.. [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16153275 -

Ya oysters were fabulous. I coated them in slightly beaten egg whites, dipped in bread crumbs, and fried them. Me and my 2 kids gobbled them up and my youngest kept calling them "eating shrooms". lol, must have been confusing for her as I've always stressed never eat the mushrooms on our forays.

#2 I don't think is xerula, I read up on it and the one I found did not have a tap root. I lifted it out and it was growing out of leaf and pine debris with very cottony, wispy mycelia base clinging to the debris. So I guess I will go with gymnopus on that one, thank you for the help in narrowing it down I was getting completely lost in my book trying to figure it out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some oysters I think.. [Re: kablizzo] * 1
    #16154942 -

2 may be Melanoleuca

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Xerula sp. - Microscopy added St. Chibes 2,499 16 03/08/11 06:25 PM
by St. Chibes
* Xerula megalospora? Updated 6/16 with spore photos... RebelSteve33 1,193 10 06/17/10 08:21 AM
by RebelSteve33
* ID request - is this Oyster BlueDruid 841 6 04/27/08 06:36 AM
by BlueDruid
* My first Melanoleuca! wintersbefore 860 7 03/28/12 10:53 PM
by ToxicMan
* Are these oysters?
( 1 2 all )
drama 2,836 36 12/09/10 03:52 AM
by Oreganic
* lawn oysters and weird flowy mushroom? Drewwyann 973 5 07/30/07 11:48 PM
by CureCat
* cyans, cubes, oysters and misc ?
( 1 2 all )
pingerau 2,601 38 04/07/09 11:50 AM
by Alan Rockefeller
* Help with ID, possible oyster relative ? frommoon 981 11 05/22/08 02:39 AM
by CureCat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
424 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 65 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.