Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #16132810 -

Well not in the school I went to. It was a bunch of idiot gangsters and teachers who didn't really care. We watched movies all day long.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: Shill]
    #16132812 -

Shill said:
ToiletDuk said:
I don't recall the exact percentage, but an astonishing percentage of Americans believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.




:rolleyes:

I find that hard to believe....

Maybe with the extreme lower class




Well, I don't recall if they divided it by class, but really, is it so hard to believe? I mean, look at all the people that believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #16132814 -

:loldongs:

True, true.


--------------------
The countdown to the break up of the euro has officially begun.

A great financial crisis is going to erupt in Europe, and it is going to shake the world to the core.

If you were frightened by what happened back in 2008, then you are going to be absolutely horrified by what is coming next.

"You throw the sand against the wind
And the wind blows it back again."
- William Blake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: SlashOZ]
    #16132816 -

SlashOZ said:
I feel like the self loathing urges of American's are our biggest flaw.



I agree. People everywhere are stupid, ignorant savages in the same way as we, the difference is that we guilt-trip ourselves about it. Yeah, that helps. :lol:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: trip forever]
    #16132823 -

trip forever said:
KremrBigSikter said:
trip forever said:
"Seventy-three percent couldn’t correctly say why we fought the Cold War."



Yeah, good luck with that one. What's the correct answer?



We didn't. It was basically a competition to be the superpower.

Technological/military advancements.



So it's a trick question?


--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #16132825 -

I was a TA in a University level astronomy class and when grading the test an surprising amount (10-20%) didnt know that the earth going around the sun caused the seasons and the earth going around on its axis caused the day...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: trip forever]
    #16132837 -

trip forever said:
TheMushroomJesus said:
Who had the better life the kid who lived life in the jungle having a blast with his family, or the nerd who studied and went to school learning things that dont matter? I would rather have a good life and experience than to know worthless shit like the amendments like said above.



You won't learn this shit in school.

You need to learn to think for yourself.

Edit: and I had a great childhood thank you very much. :cookiemonster:




Im just sayin..


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: DieCommie]
    #16132841 -

To be a better superpower. If it was multiple choice (which it probably was) then I doubt you'd have a hard time finding the correct answer.

"24% could not name the country America fought in the Revolutionary War. Two-thirds don't know what the Food and Drug Administration does"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: trip forever]
    #16132856 -

"did you know only about half of Americans are aware that Judaism is an older religion than Christianity? "

~huffington post


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: trip forever]
    #16132860 -

If we're talking about religion and intelligence, It goes for the rest of the world too...

Buncha brainwashed twats


--------------------
The countdown to the break up of the euro has officially begun.

A great financial crisis is going to erupt in Europe, and it is going to shake the world to the core.

If you were frightened by what happened back in 2008, then you are going to be absolutely horrified by what is coming next.

"You throw the sand against the wind
And the wind blows it back again."
- William Blake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: Shill] * 2
    #16132870 -

Of course when it comes to insignificant things like the nobel prize, we only have about three times as many as the next closest country.

Stupid americans and their scientific achievements.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: badchad]
    #16132876 -

The Nobel Prize...  Alfred Nobel's second biggest mistake.  :tongue:


I agree with the spirit of your post though.  With respect to most metrics, I believe Americans are more intelligent than humanity on average.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: badchad]
    #16132881 -

Cry about it you big fucking baby

You should be glad we brought you everything you use today, from technolgoy to the food you eat.

:blewmeanie:


--------------------
The countdown to the break up of the euro has officially begun.

A great financial crisis is going to erupt in Europe, and it is going to shake the world to the core.

If you were frightened by what happened back in 2008, then you are going to be absolutely horrified by what is coming next.

"You throw the sand against the wind
And the wind blows it back again."
- William Blake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: DieCommie]
    #16132893 -

DieCommie said:
I was a TA in a University level astronomy class and when grading the test an surprising amount (10-20%) didnt know that the earth going around the sun caused the seasons and the earth going around on its axis caused the day...



:feelsbadman:


In my French 102 class there was a conversation we were observing and Pearl Harbor was brought up.  One student asked what it was and the teacher answers that it was a battle we fought towards the end of WWII.  This teacher is about 40 and a US native by the way.  The class agreed with her and nobody had a "what the fuck!?" face on so I jumped in and straightened that shit out fast.  The class then bowed down to me as if I was some omniscient god of history knowledge, and I was hearing things like, "Whoa, how'd you know that man?" and "That's impressive dude, how do you remember dates and stuff from before you were born?"

People are seriously fucking stupid.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: MorphinTime]
    #16132899 -

MorphinTime said:
DieCommie said:
I was a TA in a University level astronomy class and when grading the test an surprising amount (10-20%) didnt know that the earth going around the sun caused the seasons and the earth going around on its axis caused the day...



:feelsbadman:


In my French 102 class there was a conversation we were observing and Pearl Harbor was brought up.  One student asked what it was and the teacher answers that it was a battle we fought towards the end of WWII.  This teacher is about 40 and a US native by the way.  The class agreed with her and nobody had a "what the fuck!?" face on so I jumped in and straightened that shit out fast.  The class then bowed down to me as if I was some omniscient god of history knowledge, and I was hearing things like, "Whoa, how'd you know that man?" and "That's impressive dude, how do you remember dates and stuff from before you were born?"

People are seriously fucking stupid.



:lolsy:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16132924 -

TheMushroomJesus said:
Who had the better life the kid who lived life in the jungle having a blast with his family, or the nerd who studied and went to school learning things that dont matter? I would rather have a good life and experience than to know worthless shit like the amendments like said above.



I had a blast as a kid studying things that do matter. Not because I had to, rather because it was fascinating. I guess we are talking about different things tho. Shit like amendments etc sucks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: badchad]
    #16132937 -

badchad said:
Of course when it comes to insignificant things like the nobel prize, we only have about three times as many as the next closest country.

Stupid americans and their scientific achievements.



So what? Normalize these figures against the population size.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: mellowparty]
    #16132969 -

(population size)/(nobel prize winers):

US 944218
UK 531784
Germany 801003
France 1013697

So UK wins cause it has the lowest ratio

I couldn't be bothered to exclude the peace and literature prizes and all that bullshit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: mellowparty]
    #16132973 -

trip forever said:
"The study by the new McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum found that 22 percent of Americans could name all five Simpson family members, compared with just 1 in 1,000 people who could name all five First Amendment freedoms."

Post more studies of the same :smile:



Ahh..U got me bro. You must be one of them Canadians A?

Edited by UnKnownFunGUY (04/24/12 11:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post how unintelligent Americans are. [Re: UnKnownFunGUY] * 1
    #16132981 -

Detroit? :trololol:


--------------------
The countdown to the break up of the euro has officially begun.

A great financial crisis is going to erupt in Europe, and it is going to shake the world to the core.

If you were frightened by what happened back in 2008, then you are going to be absolutely horrified by what is coming next.

"You throw the sand against the wind
And the wind blows it back again."
- William Blake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 750g mccormick poppy seed tea
( 1 2 all )
xbloodwhipx 14,434 30 11/01/15 04:56 PM
by Morgenstern
* Gobble! Gobble! (A Thanksgiving Day Post) PapaverS 1,880 4 11/29/02 06:52 PM
by Ripple
* American vs Canadian cigarettes
( 1 2 all )
Meph 7,363 27 07/11/20 02:25 PM
by Asante
* My One Thousandth Post! trendalM 3,326 19 10/05/17 06:24 PM
by trendal
* Why don't you post in OTD? Senor_Doobie 3,811 15 02/12/03 06:53 AM
by Shroomism
* mods should delete drug porn post
( 1 2 3 4 all )
braski 17,998 78 10/29/22 05:25 PM
by 336
* Who is Vatoloco and why does Moe always delete his posts =P spiritshaper 3,560 15 04/02/03 10:58 AM
by Ripple
* Post Your Pic!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RebelSteve33 17,176 87 05/16/25 06:16 PM
by Shiithead

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,946 topic views. 6 members, 54 guests and 222 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.