Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cannibalism
    #1603709 -

Cannibalism.

I'm coming down off mushrooms right now and it makes intuitive sense that eating other humans isn't the healthiest practice. I don't know how I can explain this feeling rationally. Maybe I can't. I certainly couldn't tell you why the proteins in your own arm or the arm of a close friend or relative would be different to your stomach than non-human game, but maybe it can be explained in different terms.

Maybe cannibalism is bad because the water sack that is your body is healthier when its diet consists of unfamiliar meat and vegetables... fuck it it's bullshit. Cannibalism is healthy. I would call it "the motherfuckin shit!" but then I might scare you guys. Something I want to point out is that I never have eaten another human being, except maybe some little scraps in hot dogs but I don't know for sure.. who does?

I can think of no better way to remind yourself of your own mortality than eating another human, or your own arm. I can see why some cultures have sworn by cannibalism, and why priests would ritually eat the flesh of other humans. Eating your friends is so close to eating your own body that it couldn't help but put you into an altered state, and don't even get me started on actually eating your own body. That would definetly constitute a profound experience.

Now imagine how stupid you'd feel after you ate off your arms and legs in the forest and you were rolling back to civilization when you happened upon a field full of mushrooms and you ate some and boom you started tripping into an altered state. If you discovered magic mushrooms after already gnawing your own arms off in the name of altering awareness, man you'd feel like an idiot.

Yes, cannibalism has its good points, but in the end I'd say don't bother unless you're in a survival situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: Dogomush]
    #1603745 -

_stranger in a strange land_
(robert a heinlein)


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: Dogomush]
    #1603760 -

Quote:
Yes, cannibalism has its good points, but in the end I'd say don't bother unless you're in a survival situation.




thanks for the very informative tip!

Edited by Clean (06/03/03 05:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: Dogomush]
    #1606471 -

Great post, thank you for sharing your thoughts. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: Dogomush]
    #1609261 -

Prions are bad for you. Mad cow disease is caused by prions. People carry them too. Most people have genetic traits that protect them from disease caused by human prions suggesting that most had anscestors that ate other people.


--------------------
Quote:
Rhaz said:
        I think consciousness is impersonal and the body as well but for the history and tendencies of the body/intelligence process, which are things about our being, the personal, but don't necessarily define our being.
 



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: falcon]
    #1609334 -

Indeed..in fact, amongst cannibals, humans have been known to contract a disease very similar to Mad Cow disease...I believe its called "Jakobs Syndrome".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: Le_Canard]
    #1609382 -

I watched a show about cannabilism, it's a very unhealthy practice. You know in england women fry up their own placenta and eat it???


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: Dogomush]
    #1609569 -

I wish - www.rotten.com had a search engine, i would find and post this picture of a asian dude eating a infant. hmmmm....


--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cannibalism [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1609679 -

Quote:
I watched a show about cannabilism, it's a very unhealthy practice. You know in england women fry up their own placenta and eat it???



in health class, my teacher brought in a cook book with that in it...
~~~~~~~
some good thoughts...
i think i heard somewhear, that in some caultures they eat there friends and family, so they remain a part of them or something...
i guess thats kinda nice...
but i don't know how i'd feel about doing it


--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* what's wrong with cannibalism?
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 3,074 36 11/27/04 12:44 AM
by Diploid
* Cannibalism
( 1 2 all )
Epigallo 2,511 24 04/10/08 05:07 PM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!!
( 1 2 all )
MarkostheGnostic 1,620 22 01/16/05 10:16 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Michel de Montaigne 'Of Cannibalism' CosmicJokeM 1,242 0 05/25/05 12:12 AM
by CosmicJoke
* UFO's Become more accepted in england - ,,
( 1 2 all )
Food 3,127 30 01/28/03 10:39 PM
by EvilGir
* Plants with Soul
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
allan 15,786 190 09/02/08 02:48 PM
by Boots
* Cannibalism, Wrong? DiploidM 1,004 17 06/06/05 09:34 AM
by gnrm23
* Sexual Cannibalism OrgoneConclusion 513 8 07/09/09 09:23 AM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
865 topic views. 2 members, 0 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.