Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: MentalMeltdown]
    #16019984 -

I really like George Kallias from Nile, Inferno from Behemoth, John Theodore and Thomas Pridgen from The Mars Volta, Bill Bruford from Yes and lots of other metal and kind of prog drummers. Anything by those guys is gold and in my opinion better than what was posted to start this thread.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: The Vapor]
    #16019999 -

Bill Bruford and Carl Palmer are both greats.  Another one I like is Atma Anur.  He used to be the house drummer for sharpnel records. 



--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: MentalMeltdown]
    #16020054 -

you guys are doing it wrong



also


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: YeeeeeeMuffins]
    #16020367 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #16020385 -



Morgan Agren....  from the Matts Morgan Band...  he played with Zappa when he was 14.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Jim]
    #16020395 -

billy cobham with mahavishnu orchestra...



there are a million great percussionists out there.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #16020407 -

noise rock band Hella...  playing the first part on a kids drumset...



way too many good players out there....

here is a friend of mine, Kyle Eddy, from the death metal band Mucopus...



--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Jim]
    #16020417 -

Jim said:
billy cobham with mahavishnu orchestra...



there are a million great percussionists out there.



:awesomenod:


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #16020460 -

last one, I promise...  Terry Bozzio with Zappa Plays Zappa....



--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Jim]
    #16021115 -

I have to agree that Danny Carey is badass. He's not balls to the wall but he uses volume control which most hardcore metal drummers forget about. They play at one volume, 11.

And he has one of the best sounding kits out there.

I've always loved the style and sound of Martin Lopez, former drummer of Opeth.


--------------------
My Old Grow Logs


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Wing]
    #16021289 -

Yeah, Danny Carey's drumming is almost liquid in its plasticity and his rhythms are unparalleled, definitely my favourite drummer out there, next to Tomas Haake


--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #16022573 -

Do none of you other drummers not get turned on by just a fat groove?

Blast beats blow.

Anyway, here's some Benny Greb for you.  Tasty tasty, I love this guy.





--------------------

Edited by LloydChristmas (03/31/12 03:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #16023029 -

EvolveShrooms said:
No,, don't derail this thread with non-metal!!!



Don't be a tard.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Kamek]
    #16023681 -

I don't see why you guys hate on metal drumming so much, sure it's not everyone's favorite but you guys are missing the point that it takes more discipline than most other styles, every drummer I know that plays metal can play jazz beats and everything else posted here also.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Eminence]
    #16024105 -

The title of the thread is "Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever". I've heard plenty of drummers who are totally insane but not metal. Although I listen to mostly metal.

Blast beats IMO get old quick. I like a beat with some groove, color, style, and not just 16th notes or 32nd notes as loud and as fast as you can. After about a minute of that shit I've lost interest. I do like a lot of fast and loud metal but for me a drummer has to be more than just a clock. He has to also apply some rhythm and spice the beat up some.


--------------------
My Old Grow Logs


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Eminence]
    #16024217 -

Not many people know this, but John Wayne Gasey played the drums.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #16024250 -

Terry Bozzio is more insane than the drummers listed in this thread, but not more insane than John Wayne Gacy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: idiotek]
    #16024342 -

Good thing this thread hasn't de'volved into a Buddy Rich Debate!


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: Its Pat] * 1
    #16024373 -



--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hands Down, Most Insane Drummer Ever [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #16024442 -

Awesome.  I like how Buddy is Four Hundred Eleven years old in that episode.  Kicking ass all over the place!!!


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Refused - The Deadly Rhythm trendalM 1,903 15 07/21/04 02:05 AM
by ekomstop
* To the rhythm of love MOTH 1,075 11 07/23/05 12:15 PM
by Icelander
* throw some funky rhythms at me Dimmy 722 5 08/01/05 01:30 PM
by Dimmy
* The most coolest video on the 'net. (6 drummers & apartment) kAAk 1,044 10 04/02/06 08:58 AM
by DistortedEyes
* can anyone here roll joints one handed?
( 1 2 all )
_Shrew_ 5,923 21 11/07/03 11:14 PM
by Hanky
* girls are fucking insane
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 2,282 32 10/13/05 12:57 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Calling all drummers deadHead321 1,547 13 04/27/06 09:51 PM
by Cubieman420
* natural rhythm [.mpg video] Vvellum 782 5 03/21/05 05:34 PM
by spymoose1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,023 topic views. 6 members, 18 guests and 183 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.