Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition
    #15952684 -

The past couple days I've been looking on candlepower forums to get a nice 50ish dollar flashlight. The site is cool and informative and everything, but I just got on there baked out of my skull and it's like holy fuck, how much of a loser are you if you have 6000 posts on a forum about flashlights and own over 20 of them. That's like on the level of addiction and hording. That's spending a decent chunk of your life on a forum for one of the most basic tool you can buy, on top of dropping thousands on them, most of which are for personal use.  Even if you're a cop and use one often theres not logical reason you rack up near 10k posts. I mean I'm usually not one to judge but I can't help but see this as pathetic.


--------------------

Edited by fuel on the fire (03/15/12 08:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: fuel on the fire]
    #15952711 -

Tonight's topic: Irony.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: fuel on the fire]
    #15952745 -

This is just a short list of hobbies/professions that would rely on high quality flashlights.
Caving
Night hiking
River boat captain
Firefighter
Rescue worker
Park ranger
flashlight sales person


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: Idiot]
    #15952831 -

Idiot said:
This is just a short list of hobbies/professions that would rely on high quality flashlights.
Caving
Night hiking
River boat captain
Firefighter
Rescue worker
Park ranger
flashlight sales person




Lol that's what I'm saying. Even then buying a third one doesn't really serve a purpose as you will probably only use 1 or 2 while the rest sit in a drawer.

I don't think it's to compare mushroom cultivation to flashlight collecting as a hobby. I think someone that owns 5 or more pressure cookers and spends more time talking about them, learning how they work, and trying to mod them than  they do learning about growing mushrooms is closer to the level these guys are on.

Imagine if someone spent 6k posts on a forum talking about every individual type of tool they use as much or more than a flashlight, what washing mashines and driers they testested, their air conditioner, plus another 6k posts for their favorite drill then some more for the best work bootes... why not a favorite taser website? you get my drift/ I'm just saying people spend such a large amount of time/money on a tool that is really... well a flashlight when it comes down to it. sure there are features that are nice, but I bet the majority of people that use them daily for their job really need more than 2 of them or anything over 100 or 200 dollars tops.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: fuel on the fire] * 1
    #15952969 -

Well, the flashlight people probably think us acid heads are wasting our lives on a stupid drug, sooo yea.


--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #15953076 -

I want to see their experience reports section...


"It was so bright, i could totally see everything.  But it doesn't focus very well, and it was missing a few bands in the high end of the frequency spectrum... so i give this flashlight experience a 8/10"


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: NWlight]
    #15953155 -

I can totally see why a flashlight forum would be a good idea... but on paper it does come off as lame.  "Damn its so bright, aww yeah baby"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: kundalini1123]
    #15953494 -

I thought this topic was about fleshlights. That would have made a little more sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: bryguy27007] * 1
    #15953622 -

Read the original post... Seriously. Lmao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Im high as fuck and was suprised that flashlight horder isn't a UD definition [Re: fuel on the fire]
    #15953624 -

fuel on the fire said:
The past couple days I've been looking on candlepower forums to get a nice 50ish dollar flashlight. The site is cool and informative and everything, but I just got on there baked out of my skull and it's like holy fuck, how much of a loser are you if you have 6000 posts on a forum about flashlights and own over 20 of them. That's like on the level of addiction and hording. That's spending a decent chunk of your life on a forum for one of the most basic tool you can buy, on top of dropping thousands on them, most of which are for personal use.  Even if you're a cop and use one often theres not logical reason you rack up near 10k posts. I mean I'm usually not one to judge but I can't help but see this as pathetic.



Maybe if you're a flashlight engineer and you like to get together with the other flashlight engineers to discuss the latest models? No, that doesn't make sense, I'm sure it takes like ten minutes to engineer the flashlight.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* these fucking 'romey' shirts LuSiD9 449 15 03/07/18 09:54 PM
by LuSiD9
* the fuck up thread
( 1 2 all )
Adom 5,207 25 07/22/04 06:45 AM
by Adom
* Bored, WHAT THE FUCK downforpot 744 10 07/24/04 07:35 PM
by downforpot
* Things that make you say "What the fuck!?!" ToTheSummit 931 10 08/24/07 03:19 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Salvia's fucking creepy!!
( 1 2 all )
HarveyWalbanger 6,933 27 10/17/03 09:36 AM
by trendal
* Ahhhh fuck! adamj 848 9 07/20/04 05:21 AM
by Merkin
* I think I'm fucked.
( 1 2 3 all )
Seeka 8,888 44 02/21/03 09:13 AM
by baraka
* how do you say "fuck it" teardrop 1,689 11 12/03/02 05:47 PM
by Ripple

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,295 topic views. 5 members, 8 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.