Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Anyone ever consider being a truck driver?
    #15869105 -

Man i don't know if I would do it or not but it almost seems worth it.  Retirement plans (if you're commited), easily 500-600 a week even for beginner truck drivers.

One company I was looking at (saw their ad online) offers classes for truck driving for training but even that isn't that expensive and afterwards you can pay it off ehrn you start s job.

I'm almost tempted to say screw college and just drive trucks and make hundreds of dollars a week just driving around.  I know it might not be that easy but it does seem tempting.    Also compared to say going to college for four years to work up a degree and experience versus just taking a few weeks or months of training and making big money in a no time.

In the long run I don't know if it's what I want to do but it def is a tempting option.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15869173 -

Sounds boring as fuck.  :shrug:  I met a guy the other day that has been driving trucks for decades though and loves it.  Personally, I would never do it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15869186 -

Yeah I think it would get boring and be pretty hard to keep up any sorts of relationships since you'd be out on the road for days/weeks? at a time.

I love driving though. I think it would be a great way to make some decent money for a little while to pay for tuition etc.

You may as well try it if you're that interested. Not like you're committing your whole life to it or anything. It might give you the incentive to start school or give you insights on what you actually want to do for the rest of your life. Lot's of time out on the open road to think about it.:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15869212 -

Absolutely considered it. And still might at some point. Within like 3-4 years supposedly you can be banking like upwards of 70 grand annually.

That isn't nothing to sneeze at, bro.

Would be a bit lonely, though.
But for loners or folks who really value their alone/quiet time, it would be pretty awesome. And I gotta disagree with the dude who said it would be boring...well, one route driving it would be, but cross country would be the shiznit. You'd be seeing the entire country and getting paid for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #15869828 -

I have a relative who does it and absolutely loves it. He makes 60-70k a year, and enjoys being on the road. It can be lonely or boring, but he's extremely social and meets people everywhere he goes. He also blows a lot in Vegas, at strip clubs, and on alcohol, so he's quite the stereotype.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #15869851 -

Growing up my bestfriends step father was a truck driver, it wrecked his relationship with his wife  and he was always misserable.  But im not a fan of the college route either my father had some extra schooling, didnt help him any

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15870206 -

I always idealized it in my mind as the way to travel and get paid but every truck driver I've met has explained how little they see, their disconnect in relationships, etc. I don't know if I'd ever choose that lifestyle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #15870993 -

i'd probably try to get involved in arm wrestling tournaments they hold at truckstops.  Pimp your ride too so you have a weightlifting machine up front.  Yes Stallone did this in over the top.  I realize it's not an original idea, but I'll be damned if it ain't a good idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15871784 -

Those dudes look like shit, both physically and mentally.  Do you have to help load and unload shit?  How much work is it beyond driving?  See the country?  Nah, more like see the interstates.  There's probably tranny hookers at the truck stops so that might be good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #15871859 -

Lot lizards.. :puke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #15872291 -

My buddy went and did it but he's always loved the trucking life. He gained a lot of weight since he's started but you
can avoid that if you decide to not stop at every fast food place. The money is really good but what you'll want to do is
just start out driving a companys truck and then get your own. The real money is in owing your won rig and you get to
write off a shit load. So if you're really considering doing it then look into going that route and it will
be totally worth it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15872320 -

the real money is in the human smuggling!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #15872455 -

i've thought of it just so i could travel but not seeing your family for time would suck..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #15872503 -

go for it man
family and friends
can suck just as bad
as the interstate
not to mention you will
not have any family an friends
if you have no money...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #15873539 -

My dad drove trucks for a few years. Hes stopped now but I got to ride along with him once a few years ago and I remember it being a very tight schedule and boring as fuck. I sat in the cab and watched movies on a laptop and I did see a silver Ferrari sitting up front once. It was a lot of sleeping at truck stops and living in public facilities (showers, bathroom, etc) and eating at mediocre gas station restaurants. I remember getting ribs once that were almost like fiberglass. If you can handle it go for it but if you plan on doing this for a large part of your life be prepared to call your truck home and yourself a nomad. You're never in the same state for more than a few days. Always driving. Always delivering. Have fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #15873593 -

I plan to get my CDL really soon. Too many jobs for truck drivers.  Good pay too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #15]
    #15874947 -

It has its negatives obviously but it sure beats sitting at an office in a cubicle. Well at least IMHO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15875048 -

Fuck no.

I think it would be a horrible job.  Sitting in a small cabin day-after-day, few people around, constant concentration on the road.  It really sounds like mild torture, but then again, I have trouble sitting still and value being able to take a leak whenever I want. 

Besides, have you ever visited a big-rig truckstop?  Do it, then ask yourself "Is that what I want to look like?".  I feel like I've caught AIDS just entering one of those shit holes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #16]
    #15877487 -

Ya couple ways of thinking about it. Yes your stuck in the truck all the time but also no more morning commute to work.
My buddy says he rolls out of bed eats something then starts driving still in his pajamas no more racing to
work to punch in on time. Your truck becomes your home so you could think of it as a stay at home job :grin:.
Theres also truck driving positions around town, i hear cement truckers make a lot and you just travel from the plant to wherever needs
concrete that day. Maybe try the local one
first and see how you like it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever consider being a truck driver? [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15877572 -

wow. lot of people with low expectations on this board. see a college counselor. stay in school bro. 70k is not enough to have a family and live decently

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Can I drive if I take this vicodin? Anonymous 229 7 01/31/08 03:43 PM
by Anonymous
* Drama At Buffalo Wild Wings. Anonymous 359 9 11/15/07 12:34 PM
by Anonymous
* is this a good joke Anonymous 850 8 07/12/08 03:16 PM
by DONOTDELETE
* Question for people who have exp with crack
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 2,374 47 07/05/08 10:14 PM
by Anonymous
* I just ripped a kid off
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 3,173 99 02/11/08 04:32 AM
by Anonymous
* D.U.I. citation... will I lose my license? Anonymous 285 7 01/15/08 07:04 PM
by Anonymous
* has anyone ever shit themselves?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 2,469 67 02/06/10 12:39 AM
by Anonymous
* What's the biggest drug fuckup you ever did?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 2,510 44 03/08/09 04:32 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,307 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.